Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2020, 07:14 PM   #1

19 States 6000 Miles

Wanted to put a word out there about our first long run with our coach. Even though we have had our Entegra for a year, we all know what a bad year it has been. So this was our first opportunity to take a long run. We were very impressed with the overall performance of our Aspire. It endured the full gambit of weather from snow, rain, freezing temps, 90 degree plus temps, and an extreme wind storm in South Dakota.

We have had our typical problems, but the customer service and tech support from the mothership has been outstanding for us.

The support from folks on this site is invaluable in maintaining a good coach, thanks so much!

Looking forward to many more outings.
Motang is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2020, 04:07 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I’m jealous. Glad you had such a great time.
Old 10-16-2020, 04:49 AM   #3

How long were you gone? What would the rough outline of your travels look like? That a lot of miles.
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:23 AM   #4

Just over 4 weeks in travel.

Another couple went traveled along side in their 2019 Dutch Star. We basically headed west/north west from Annapolis MD stopping at several National and State Parks. We spent several days in Wall South Dakota. We found South Dakota to be just beautiful with SO many places to see and visit. We then picked up and moved to Mt Rushmore KOA for several days.

We then moved on to west Yellowstone for a week. We then headed down to the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole for several days. From there we headed south/east for several days in Nashville. We then headed south to Tampa for several days of sun and fun before returning to Annapolis.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motang View Post

Another couple went traveled along side in their 2019 Dutch Star. We basically headed west/north west from Annapolis MD stopping at several National and State Parks. We spent several days in Wall South Dakota. We found South Dakota to be just beautiful with SO many places to see and visit. We then picked up and moved to Mt Rushmore KOA for several days.

We then moved on to west Yellowstone for a week. We then headed down to the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole for several days. From there we headed south/east for several days in Nashville. We then headed south to Tampa for several days of sun and fun before returning to Annapolis.

Wow, quite a trip. Thanks
Old 10-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Wanted to put a word out there about our first long run with our coach. Even though we have had our Entegra for a year, we all know what a bad year it has been. So this was our first opportunity to take a long run. We were very impressed with the overall performance of our Aspire. It endured the full gambit of weather from snow, rain, freezing temps, 90 degree plus temps, and an extreme wind storm in South Dakota.

We have had our typical problems, but the customer service and tech support from the mothership has been outstanding for us.

The support from folks on this site is invaluable in maintaining a good coach, thanks so much!

Looking forward to many more outings.

Nice to hear. We will embark on our journey this winter. First heading from NY to LV, SD and then straight across the south stopping in several cities, landing in Davie Fla and then slowly heading north back to NY. It will be almost 4 months on the road
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:18 PM   #7

Quote:

Did you visit Wall drug?
Old 10-16-2020, 06:08 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Glad you love the coach and had a great trip with it.

That is some real rolling down the road.

One of the nice things about the USA is the beautiful diversity of our geography.

Sounds like you had a great trip and it made even better by your Entegra doing great along the way.

Enjoy the journey.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #9

Yes we stopped at Wall Drug
Old 10-16-2020, 07:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
Glad you love the coach and had a great trip with it.

That is some real rolling down the road.

One of the nice things about the USA is the beautiful diversity of our geography.

Sounds like you had a great trip and it made even better by your Entegra doing great along the way.

Enjoy the journey.
^^^ This.

There is some kind of beauty in most places, but not many have the variety of natural beauty that we can enjoy in the USA. Wave as you go by!
Old 10-16-2020, 08:54 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It's a BIG beautiful country

As an airline pilot, I crossed virtually all of the country, numerous times.

Having grown up in the middle of no-place in rural Montana (one stoplight town...OK it wasn't a real stoplight - flashing amber one way and flashing red the other), I'd look down on America and know that no matter how desolate some places looked, there was someone who thought that piece of ground was the most beautiful place on the planet.

In retirement, the motorhome has given me the opportunity to get close to many of those places and recognize that some of them were right. Some others really do need to get out a little bit.

Take care,
Stu

P.S. Wall Drug is a tourist trap worth visiting.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:53 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
As an airline pilot, I crossed virtually all of the country, numerous times.

Having grown up in the middle of no-place in rural Montana (one stoplight town...OK it wasn't a real stoplight - flashing amber one way and flashing red the other), I'd look down on America and know that no matter how desolate some places looked, there was someone who thought that piece of ground was the most beautiful place on the planet.

In retirement, the motorhome has given me the opportunity to get close to many of those places and recognize that some of them were right. Some others really do need to get out a little bit.

Take care,
Stu

P.S. Wall Drug is a tourist trap worth visiting.

Stu,

I had a 38 yr flying career too and think along the same lines, plus I missed operating a piece of heavy equipment. I look forward to the adventure aspect too.

Bill
Old 10-17-2020, 05:38 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Did you visit Wall drug?
I remember Wall Drug as Tourist Trap and my Dad complaining when I was about 10 years old. I had to see it again, it hasn't changed much ...it brought tears to my eyes thinking of my Dad and the great summer trips we had. I still remembered the Bad Lands as if it were yesterday and that was over 60 years ago.

Motang, glad you had a great first long trip, hope there are many more.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Yes we stopped at Wall Drug
We pass by every year due to time constraints. Maybe one day we'll stop there