Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2021, 02:39 PM   #1

1st time RV buyer

Hi all, I'm new at this and am looking for advice from the pro's out there. I'm going to purchase the Entegra Vision 27A and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this model. Is it a good RV and most important is it reliable.

The other option I'm looking at is the Thor Compass 23TW. If you were buying which RV would you purchase ?

Thank you and any advice would be deeply appreciated. I'm blind with all of this. But I do want this lifestyle.

Billy
ndbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2021, 03:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndbilly View Post
Hi all, I'm new at this and am looking for advice from the pro's out there. I'm going to purchase the Entegra Vision 27A and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this model. Is it a good RV and most important is it reliable.

The other option I'm looking at is the Thor Compass 23TW. If you were buying which RV would you purchase ?

Thank you and any advice would be deeply appreciated. I'm blind with all of this. But I do want this lifestyle.

Billy
RUN AWAY!! DON'T DO IT!!!...Just kidding. So, you have the right mindset, it's a life style. And as such, MH ownership is not a one time expense and you need to understand this going in. No matter what you buy, there will be issues, continuous maintenance and unexpected costs that arise. I have no experience with the coaches mentioned so I cant speak to the reliability (which is a relative term here) of them. Are you buying to use for vacations or full time or extended periods of use?
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 04:13 PM   #3

What model year are they? Are they new or used? If used are you potentially buying from a dealer or a private individual? If used, is there any history available to you on their use, maintenance and TLC?

Denie is spot on. There are costs, for sure. It depends somewhat on the level of technology, complexity, etc. of the coach. Most of the "stuff" in them came off the shelf from other manufacturers. About all the folks at Entegra or Thor did was build the structure and cover it and insulate it, and probably built most all of the cabinetry. But beyond that, it most everything else was built by others and just installed by Entegra or Thor.

Good luck to you. It is a fun lifestyle, for sure.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 04:46 PM   #4

Well, this is my opinion, but I consider Thor built coaches by Thor Motorcoach are second or third tier coaches.

If you are looking at recent (new) coaches, here is what I think you need to look at
1. What is the guarantee and how long is it and what does it cover?
2. Push against all walls and see how well constructed they are.
3. Examine all cabinets and examine how well they are built.

I seriously considered a Thor manufactured 45 footer when I upgraded from my first old used Monaco Dynasty to a new coach and was impressed by the external "look" of a big Thor. However, I then spent several hours in a new one at a dealer and everything I touched seemed, or was, cheap and poorly constructed. I felt that the cabinets would likely fall apart in a few years. I leaned against the wall of a mid bathroom and the whole wall flexed and moved. I was so unimpressed that I ruled a Thor manufactured coach out of any further consideration after that.

I know nothing about the ENTEGRA coach you are considering and would take the same approach to it. Be careful. Even a well constructed coach can be a lot of repairs and troubler.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 06:22 PM   #5

Quote:

Billy
Welcome to iRV2.com

I think the Enterga Vision is the same coach as the Jayco Alante, which has the same floor plan 27A. You MAY want to explore /compare them both because I'm guessing the additional dealers selling Jayco branded MAY give you more choices.

I am not qualified to tell you if there are any differences between the Jayco branded model and the Entegra branded model, but I'd bet they are both made on the same assembly line.
Happy shopping !
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 09:13 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Quote:
..........I'm going to purchase the Entegra Vision 27A and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this model. Is it a good RV and most important is it reliable.........
Just purchased a slightly used (5000 miles new in July 2021) Entegra Vision 27A. The build sheet says it is 2022 and the registration says it is 2021. During the first camping 5-night trip we found it very comfortable, reliable and nice drive. It came will all the factory options, except full body paint plus dealer upgrades (Sumo springs front and back, steering stabilizer, Dish/Directv in-motion satellite antenna, extra solar panels). It is equipped with 2 AC's (one is a heat pump), slide toppers, on-demand propane water heater, solar, automatic hydraulic level stabilizers, 5500-watt gasoline generator, outside entertainment system, lots of exterior storage, nice size shower, king-size bed, nice interior Sony stereo system, salon couch, etc. Everything is functional, except the tv antenna (could be the system was bypassed when the in-motion Dish/Directv satellite was installed so will hire a mobile rv technician to troubleshoot). Just hooked up our flat tow Chevy Equinox AWD and a 7-inch dash-mounted monitor for fulltime rearview (tied into the backup camera) and did not feel it behind the rv.

Since the original 2-year warranty did not transfer to the second owner we purchased an 8-year $100 deductible service agreement for $4900.

Look forward to hearing your comments.
Old 02-26-2022, 09:56 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
You can find several threads on Entegra class Cs and the low cargo capacity on them. They leave very little room for passengers and cargo.

Try to get the unit full of fuel and to the scales to get the front and rear axle weights. Subtract the units total weight from the GVWR on the sticker inside the driver's door. This will give you a realistic cargo capacity, for passengers, cargo, water and supplies.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:05 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Quote:
..........I'm going to purchase the Entegra Vision 27A and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this model. Is it a good RV and most important is it reliable.......
We are on the second 5-night trip on our new 27A this time down the California coast towing a toad for the first time. Very drivable, did not feel the toad behind the rv and very comfortable and spacious glamping in. Love the heat pump and so much more. Transmission slows the rv down on downgrades. However, it is slow on hill climbs but that is characteristic of a gasser I guess.