Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2023, 02:32 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZuccone View Post
I will not be at Spartan, but an authorized service center in Phoenix. Spartan has said they are willing to work with the service center to make sure to make sure the steering box is setup correctly.
The steering boxes are a pain. I left Spartan with the steering box supposedly 180 degrees out of alignment. That was discovered in Columbia MO. I had so many issues, I don't know which one finally corrected. It wasn't until the shock upgrade that it finally all went away. I can honestly say, the 14,000 pound rated Bilstine shocks will not handle 16,000 plus pounds on the front axle.

Let us Know what they find, I am sure other Classic owners will be anxious to hear.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2023, 07:03 AM   #16

Quick update - the shop says all of the gearbox timing marks are lined up. They are working with Spartan to try to resolve the issue. They say it may have to do with too much weight on the front axle. Next step is to have the coach weighed. In the meantime I ordered the Koni Shocks which will be installed this week. I'll report when I get the coach back.
Evo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 07:50 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZuccone View Post
Quick update - the shop says all of the gearbox timing marks are lined up. They are working with Spartan to try to resolve the issue. They say it may have to do with too much weight on the front axle. Next step is to have the coach weighed. In the meantime I ordered the Koni Shocks which will be installed this week. I'll report when I get the coach back.
Did you check with Ted Cook at Entegra what the did with the valves and hoses for the power steering?
Old 04-20-2023, 09:56 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Did you check with Ted Cook at Entegra what the did with the valves and hoses for the power steering?

No, I have been dealing with Shane at Spartan
Old 05-19-2023, 05:43 PM   #19

Update

Just got the coach back from Velocity Truck Center in Toleson AZ. They performed a ride height check, alignment and installed the Koni Shocks. Glad to report the steering issues are solved. Not sure which of the items fixed it, but according to the alignment report, many changes were needed to get the steering where it should be. The ride is definitely better with the Koni's.

Also performed at Velocity was a radiator replacement as mine was leaking. Spartan did a "good will" discount on the cost of the radiator and it is now upgraded to the latest part number.
Old 05-19-2023, 06:41 PM   #20

I'm so glad you got the problem fixed. I'm also new to Entegra and have been fighting a similar problem. I didn't have much to compare it to, but just felt that there was to much slop in the steering. This is supposed to be fun and driving my coach was work.

My steer tires were pushing six years so replacement was high on my list. Also added centramatics and it removed ALL road vibration. The Centramatics were amazing.

At 36k miles the shocks were obviously gone - it was like floating down the road and taking a dive on every dip. So I added the big Konis at the same time and it made a huge difference in driveability. Between the steers and Konis it took out about half of the steering wheel slop.

Just today I got back from the shop where they did an alignment and ride height and the difference is amazing. I can put the coach where I want it in the lane and it stays there.

I'm glad you got your coach straightened out as a problem like this takes a lot of the joy out of ownership. Now get out there and have a good time - you earned it.

BTW - if anyone is looking for a good chassis shop in the San Antonio area, I think I found a good one.
SouthTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 06:06 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
All coaches should be aligned when new, no way around it. Most people do not get a new coach aligned, which is big mistake. Spartan does a terrible job aligning at their factory (personal experience). Entegra builds a 40,000 pound box on that chassis changing the alignment again.
The OP's coach is a perfect example, My 14 had the same problem new that has been on his coach though how many owners since 2013? Nobody ever had it aligned or the front end checked?

A coach may feel that it is steering nice, but if one of the rear axles are out, uneven tire were will start. All 3 of my new Entegras had rear axles out by 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. In the first 5,000 it is covered under warranty if Entegra is notified first and gives approval. Everyone of my coaches has pushed slightly to the right when taking my hands off the wheel at 65 mph when new. Alignment approved. Each time it was the rear axle pushing the coach in the wrong direction.

Second owners that do not have a coach that is steerable with 2 fingers and the steering wheel is not straight, it needs an alignment and probably shocks.

Tags
anthem, steering