Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2013, 04:38 AM   #1

2013 aspire bedroom closet doors

I took delivery about a week ago, I was told by the salesman that when I travel to leave the closet doors open for the automatic locking system to work properly. My salesperson went into great detail about how the doors would malfunction if I closed them while traveling and how most entegra owners were unhappy with the design.
Is this true? Do I really have to leave them open ?
Ahall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Welcome to IRV2. You'll get plenty of Entegra owners here to assist. Congrats on your new MH.
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahall View Post
I took delivery about a week ago, I was told by the salesman that when I travel to leave the closet doors open for the automatic locking system to work properly. My salesperson went into great detail about how the doors would malfunction if I closed them while traveling and how most entegra owners were unhappy with the design.
Is this true? Do I really have to leave them open ?
Hello and

I know the owners will chime in but they showed us this feature when the misses and I went to look at one. It's an air pressure lock that holds the door in place once the coach is put in motion. We don't own ours yet but are looking.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:52 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I can't speak to whether there would be any damage if you were to close the doors when traveling. The tech who complete the walk through with us told us to leave the doors open as well. Seems a bit odd to us as well.

2013 Entegra Cornerstone 45K
2012 Cadillac SRX and 2014 H-D FLHTK
P&GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:07 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Closet doors vs sliding doors Aspire

I have a 2013 Aspire and I know I have the air actuated locks in my corridor sliding doors but I am not aware of any on the closet. I frequently hear the ones in the bathroom when putting the RV in drive. If these locks can be damaged this information is not in the manual.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I leave my closet doors closed without any problems. The only reason I can imagine that would cause someone to tell you to leave them open would be in the event you need to access anything inside the closet. When the doors are closed, they stay closed until the engine is turned off. Forget about grabbing a jacket or a different pair of shoes. We don't see that as a problem. Maybe some do.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #7

As one who aspires to some day own an Aspire, I have a question about this feature.

Does it prevent you (or your passengers) from operating the doors while underway?
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #8

We travel with ours closed.....can't open until the brakes are set.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #9

Willy, yes the air snubber will prevent you from moving the doors while the coach is in motion. However it is operated with the yellow air brake release, when parking brake is released the snubber is on, when parking brake set, it is off and doors are free to open and closed. Mine works better ( stay in one place) when I leave them open during travel. Having said that, my new 44DLQ does NOT have this feature and we keep them closed when moving. If you have the stack washer and dryer at the rear of the coach you will NOT have this feature.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
You don't say what floor plan is yours. Our Aspire DEQ has the stacked washer/dryer, and we travel with the closet doors closed. I don't think we have ever tried to open them whilst underway, so don't know about pneumatic locks.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #11

It's all academic on our coach. The DLQ floor plan does not allow access to the bedroom with the slides in, a big flaw in our opinion.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
We don't have our Aspire RBQ yet, but the wardrobe closet doors are pocket doors and they (according to our factory tour guide) do have the air snubbers, as does the other pocket door in this floor plan.

We were also told by our tour guide that while the snubbers (basically a rubber bumper that engages when the parking brake is released) hold the doors in whatever position they were left in, it is still possible to move the doors while the snubber is engaged if it should become necessary.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
voltdoc

Not to doubt what you said but I checked by 2013 Aspire DEQ closet today and I do not have any snubbers or pneumatic locks. My corridor doors do however have pneumatic locks. Maybe the sales guy was mixed up.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #14

Salesmen talk the most and know the least about these coaches with FEW exceptions.