Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #15

There is a big difference between "margin" and "markup". Those words cannot be casually interchanged.
Jus sayin...
Jeff
La-Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
I've read from other posters who purport to absolutely know, that the cost of Anthem to dealer is $287.500. I don't know that you can get an Anthem at $310K today.Prices were in that range last fall. No one says what they actually paid. I just know that when I discussed what I paid with a senior Entegra, they responded that it was a very good price.

That said, and if all are telling the truth as they know it, competitive forces seem to price the Anthem at 28-31% below MSRP. On the other hand, what is MSRP...as some have pointed out, that is what is recommended by the manufacturer. JMHO, if you can get an Anthem for $310K after the Oct 2012 price increases, jump on it. You're getting a good price and if the dealer margin is 14%, all I can say...I once got my backside reamed by a senior executive in one of my previous lives who reminded me that we weren't in the business of giving ourselves away, " ... gross profit margin needs to be at least 13%..."

Think about it...if corporate taxes are in tjhe 30-50% bracket, that doesn't leave much margin for the company and shareholders. And, Entegra service response says they use that profit margin to good cause.
Robin (Orlando RV) had the Anthem at the FMCA rally in Brooksville Fl earlier this month listed with a show price of 308K...... I'm sure if you were a serious buyer another few % were there still
RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyP View Post
Robin (Orlando RV) had the Anthem at the FMCA rally in Brooksville Fl earlier this month listed with a show price of 308K...... I'm sure if you were a serious buyer another few % were there still

A show price of 308 would be indicative of a 30% discount. My guess would be that there is some more wiggle room there, but not a lot. Factoring in all the costs that a dealership incurs, I would venture that there is still a point or two available before the break even point is hit. The salesman's commission has to be factored into the equation as well as other costs. What's a reasonable sales commission? Would it be 2% or 5%? What about the sales manager's override? How much profit margin does the dealer get? How hungry is the dealer to make the deal?

All of those factors come into play as to how good a deal one can get.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
OK, so what am I missing...I said 28-31%. I said I thought $310 was in the vcnty. What I didn't say was what I paid, and I won't. There are about four or five options, including $8k in Girard awnings, that are in play.

What I was trying to say...in the big picture, if you can get an Anthem in the floor plan you want, particularly off a dealer's lot right now (rather than order and wait for four months), and you can get it for $310k grab it, particularly if it has any of the few options on it.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
OK, so what am I missing...I said 28-31%. I said I thought $310 was in the vcnty. What I didn't say was what I paid, and I won't. There are about four or five options, including $8k in Girard awnings, that are in play.

What I was trying to say...in the big picture, if you can get an Anthem in the floor plan you want, particularly off a dealer's lot right now (rather than order and wait for four months), and you can get it for $310k grab it, particularly if it has any of the few options on it.
If you are considering a coach off the dealers lot, take a real good look at the build date and the equipment. Build date will help you determine if the latest updates have been made to the coach. If you walk into the coach and find the front TV sitting to the far right of the front cabinets, it isn't a current coach. If you walk into the bedroom and there is a big square grill in the ceiling, that coach doesn't have the new A/C system. These "older" 2013 coaches may seemed to be priced to sell but do you really want one? Let the buyer beware. JMHO
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 AM   #20

Tom, do you know what the cut-off dates are for the various improvements? I was wondering if there are rigs manufactured after a particular date that would have the various changes.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, sorry I don't have that but I bet a call to Entegra would get you that info.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #22

I called them a while back to get that date and they were not sure, but explained what to look for on the ac changes....thermostat in bathroom, amount of vents in ceiling.
CoreyinWP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #23

Even without the specific dates, it is still very helpful to know what to look for. What about the thermostat in the bathroom? What should we look for and what was the change?
Old 02-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #24

Sales Commission

I don't think that you can base a commission on the selling price alone.
A friend of mine is a Sales Manager for a local Ford dealership. He has told me that a salesperson makes anywhere from 20%-30% of "Gross". Gross is defined, by him, as selling price less invoice. So if a salesperson sells a vehicle for $25000 and the invoice is $20000, the gross is $5000.00. Salesperson made anywhere from $1,000.00 to $1,500.00 on that car. The variable commission structure is based on units sold. At his store the commission are as follows:
1-8 vehicles 20% commission
9-12 vehicles 25% commission
13+ vehicles 30% commission
All deals are commissioned at the highest commission rate earned.

For a lot of new car dealers, selling cars is pure profit. Their 'fixed expenses' such as rent/mortgage, utilities, etc are paid for by the parts and service side of the business.
monroesilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #25

Discount

I keep seeing things come up about about what you should look for when buying a new Entegra product. Some of the things that you should look for is their quality of build and service. One of the things that keeps coming up is the a/c system. I owned a Tiffin mh that had the a/c system that Entegra went to and I can tell you while it's new to Entegra it's not necessarily better. I like the new return system, however you have to pull every register to change the filters. You have much greater control over the system with the old style thermostat. The new a/c system shuts down, in heat pump mode, at 40deg while the old system has a defrost cycle and will continue to provide heat down to 30 deg. Bottom line don't pass up an excellent mh for something that may or may not be an improvement.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #26

The latest improvements to the Aspire and Anthem are the A/C's. The easy way to tell if the coach you are looking at has the new A/C's, look in the bathroom for the A/C-Heat Temp Control box. If it's white, OLD. If it's Black, NEW!

From what I am understanding, huge sound level differences on the A/C's to the better with the Black Box

Hope this helps.
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote