Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #43

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
I had my 2013 Aspire weighed and then contacted Spartan for proper inflation. They recommended 105 in fronts and 85 in rear and tag. Big difference than posted pressures in coach. Drives better to.
What tire are you running? What were the weights?
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
After our trip home from purchase, Spartan re-set front ride height and alignment, then weighed each axle. They specified 105 front and 75 for rear and tag tires-Michelin XZA's.
mfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #45

Goodyear, 295 front, 275 rear. Weights: front 13,260 , drive 16,400, tag 9,600
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #46

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorrick View Post
Big difference than posted pressures in coach.
The pressures posted in the coach are, by law, for the rig at it's maximum rated weight. If it weighs less then use less pressure. That's why the tire manufacturers publish the weight/pressure charts.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #47

Entegra obviously has not resolved the orange peel issue. I recently took delivery on an Aspire with a January 2013 production date. I am in the automobile industry, so I am very experienced with paint quality, and the orange peel in some areas is about as bad as it gets, and it was noted when we picked it up.
Also, as I have seen noted on several threads, the quality of the floor and backsplash tile is very poor. My 2 year old granddaughter, walking in bare feet, tripped on one floor tile that is raised 1/8". This is one of several like this.
Likewise the backsplash tile looks like it was done by someone who was not very experienced. Very uneven, and some tiles stick out much further than others, creating a shadow below them, which catches everyone's eye.
I dread to think how they will remedy the tile issue. I hate to think that they will have to re-tile the whole coach.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
JEFFK, what does Entegra say about this? Hope it gets better before we get ours!
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Our floor tile is pretty poor as well. Uneven, and the grout looks as though the installer used a dirty sponge. To me it appears that the grout will have to be ground out/replaced, and some of the tiles will have to be pulled as well. Our plan is to have it done at the factory when we go back for our "end of warranty" inspection. Too bad we have to deal with it for the next year and a half.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffK View Post
Entegra obviously has not resolved the orange peel issue. I recently took delivery on an Aspire with a January 2013 production date. I am in the automobile industry, so I am very experienced with paint quality, and the orange peel in some areas is about as bad as it gets, and it was noted when we picked it up.
Also, as I have seen noted on several threads, the quality of the floor and backsplash tile is very poor. My 2 year old granddaughter, walking in bare feet, tripped on one floor tile that is raised 1/8". This is one of several like this.
Likewise the backsplash tile looks like it was done by someone who was not very experienced. Very uneven, and some tiles stick out much further than others, creating a shadow below them, which catches everyone's eye.
I dread to think how they will remedy the tile issue. I hate to think that they will have to re-tile the whole coach.
Jeff, just my 2 cents worth, another opinion if you will, the floor tile raised is a real problem that needs to be addressed and soon. Have you called Entegra, they are very good about getting on these problems in a hurry and do great work at the factory (we took our 2011 back for its punch list and they updated and corrected things we had not found). As for the backsplash I am almost sure that the shadow effect is intentional to draw attention to the beautiful pattern on the back wall of the kitchen. We really like the shadow effect in our coach and yes it is created by uneven application of the tiles on the backsplash. It almost give a 3D effect and a lot of people that I have talked to really like it. Folks will have varying opinions on that kind of application and I would urge all to let Entegra know how you feel. As I said, we really like it but I understand why you do not and you make a valid point. As for the orange peel you will find another thread dealing extensively with that elsewhere on here and dealing primarily with the Aspire and how it is painted and finished. Call Joyce in customer service and I bet that you will get your concerns addressed soon. As I said, this is just my opinion and I am not being critical of anyone.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #51

Gulf Streamers Club
sorry for the hijack, Gene a while back you had expressed your intentions of comparing your 2011 to your 13, have you done that and I missed it??
2010 Harley Ultra Classic
racefn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:56 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Jeff, just my 2 cents worth, another opinion if you will, the floor tile raised is a real problem that needs to be addressed and soon. Have you called Entegra, they are very good about getting on these problems in a hurry and do great work at the factory (we took our 2011 back for its punch list and they updated and corrected things we had not found). As for the backsplash I am almost sure that the shadow effect is intentional to draw attention to the beautiful pattern on the back wall of the kitchen. We really like the shadow effect in our coach and yes it is created by uneven application of the tiles on the backsplash. It almost give a 3D effect and a lot of people that I have talked to really like it. Folks will have varying opinions on that kind of application and I would urge all to let Entegra know how you feel. As I said, we really like it but I understand why you do not and you make a valid point. As for the orange peel you will find another thread dealing extensively with that elsewhere on here and dealing primarily with the Aspire and how it is painted and finished. Call Joyce in customer service and I bet that you will get your concerns addressed soon. As I said, this is just my opinion and I am not being critical of anyone.
We have an appointment at LazyDays in a month to address the issues that they did not have time to fix at delivery, which included paint, tile and some other small items.
I had intended to see what transpired there.
Maybe I should mention them to Joyce first to see what their opinion is.
For those who are reading this thread with the view to buying an Entegra, I want to make it understood that we love our coach, and would make the same choice again tomorrow. These issues are small, do not affect our enjoyment of the coach, and once repaired our coach will be perfect!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #53

As I mentioned in an earlier post I picked up my Athem in Nov at RVone in Orlando and it was a joke as far as detail work. (RVone has good folks and they really try but seem to be under over whelmed with the number of units they are selling) The paint job was poor to say the least, with drip marks and wavy lines. Some area's on the fender were not even clear coated. What upset me the most was that I had sent an email 45 days prior to the coach being finished with a list of items folks had issues with already and the paint was like number 1 on the list. It was sent to among others the regional rep for Entegra and was totally disregarded. The dealer noted not less than 15 area's of orange peel and poor painting. They had a local company come over and give an estimate to paint it properly but Entegra instead
wants us to bring the coach all the way back to the factory to have it painted. These paint problems are not just on the lower portion of the coach or just around the windows, but in fact in many area's of the coach.

Don't get me wrong, we love it and I think the coach is a real bang for the buck and Joyce is fantastic, but they have not taken care of the paint problem.....

There are some here on this forum who brush this off as no big deal as perhaps its not an issue with their coach so they don't want to hear about it.
I hope this forum dosen't get like the Tiffen forum was years ago where any negative comment was met with attacks form the Tiffen owners wearing blinders. You can see the problems they have now at Tiffen and hopefully this is not where Entegra is going.

Mel
Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #54

Bob, yes the comparison is now in progress and should be posted soon. My health problems slowed me done some and therefore I have not discovered all of the changes so I am going to change the format just a little and have an open ended discussion for others to chime in with changes that I have missed. Look for it soon.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:24 PM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
I have to ask, Why would Entegra let a new coach, with a poor paint job, leave the plant? Is it some will not notice or care about the quality of the paint job and not complain about it? How many or what percent of the new coaches leave the plant with a less than perfect paint job?
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftyroth View Post

There are some here on this forum who brush this off as no big deal as perhaps its not an issue with their coach so they don't want to hear about it.
I hope this forum dosen't get like the Tiffen forum was years ago where any negative comment was met with attacks form the Tiffen owners wearing blinders. You can see the problems they have now at Tiffen and hopefully this is not where Entegra is going.

Mel
This is a problem with this site.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote