Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2014, 03:21 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
2014 Cornerstone Sewer hose

The previous thread about this got hijacked with comments about DEF. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CORNERSTONE, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.

One issue I have is the very short sewer hose installed on the Cornerstone. I have to be very close and at an almost 90 degree angle to the park sewer connection to reach it. I can use an extension but it is kind of a hassle to connect and re-stow all the time. Any Cornerstone owners out there who have suggestions?

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F392298, NRA Benefactor, Newmar KK Lone Stars South
Dutch Star David is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I agree on the situation on the hose on the cornerstone. I am assuming you have the electric valve option. It seems you only have 10' of hose to work with because the other 10' is running from the other side of the coach.

I have a small pinhole in the hose and it is being replaced. At first, I was going to install a new rhino hose to replace the Thetford that is currently on the coach. Then I realized that this would not accomplish anything. You cannot store more than the 20' that already is on the coach. I have purchased an additional Thetford hose that matches up with the current hose connectors when needed. Kind of a pain. I don't see any easy solution
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #3

dlovit as one CS owner to another I feel your pain. Entegra uses Thetford smart hose for our system, it has a 2 to 1 compression ratio. So we get a 15 foot hose but we lose 8 + feet because our dump system is on the opposite side of the coach. That means I only have 6 +/- feet of hose when I pull up to a sewer connection. I tried more hose but the most you can fit in our system is 16 feet of hose. So after all cutting, joining etc... I only gained 1 feet. Hardly enough in my opinion.

I have been searching for a solution since 2013.

I have a call into Drainmaster.com out of California. Nice folks and there tech is getting back to me tomorrow. They have developed a new hose that works with waste master that has a compression ratio of 4 to 1. I am in the discussion stage but they are thinking we can go with a 28 foot hose, it will compress to 7 feet, which will fit in our system. Using the same formula as above that would mean that we gain almost 14 feet at the sewer connection over what we have now. So if you have only 6 feet like I do now, I will have 20 feet if the new hose works out.

Go on their site and check out the product section. The downside to making the switch, their hose is not cheap. Another benefit possibly is that have you noticed after you are done with cleaning and you start driving away you leave a trail as the system (hose) still has some water in it. The drainmaster hose has a lever on it so you can keep what is in the hose in the hose. That might be a plus.

I will keep you posted on the conversation or you can give them a call.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #4

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crippsfl View Post
I agree on the situation on the hose on the cornerstone. I am assuming you have the electric valve option. It seems you only have 10' of hose to work with because the other 10' is running from the other side of the coach.

I have a small pinhole in the hose and it is being replaced. At first, I was going to install a new rhino hose to replace the Thetford that is currently on the coach. Then I realized that this would not accomplish anything. You cannot store more than the 20' that already is on the coach. I have purchased an additional Thetford hose that matches up with the current hose connectors when needed. Kind of a pain. I don't see any easy solution
I am trying to figure out if a macerator would help. 20' of 1" macerator hose collapses to 7'. By doubling up some , I think two 20's might fit into the space now taken up by the 3" 20' hose on the coach now. Sure would like to find someone who has done this as it will be a fairly expensive experiment if it doesn't work.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:08 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
I did look at their website and called. Going to measure ID of tube across coach to see if one of their systems will work. Looks like a good possibility.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
dlovit as one CS owner to another I feel your pain. Entegra uses Thetford smart hose for our system, it has a 2 to 1 compression ratio. So we get a 15 foot hose but we lose 8 + feet because our dump system is on the opposite side of the coach. That means I only have 6 +/- feet of hose when I pull up to a sewer connection. I tried more hose but the most you can fit in our system is 16 feet of hose. So after all cutting, joining etc... I only gained 1 feet. Hardly enough in my opinion.

I have been searching for a solution since 2013.

I have a call into Drainmaster.com out of California. Nice folks and there tech is getting back to me tomorrow. They have developed a new hose that works with waste master that has a compression ratio of 4 to 1. I am in the discussion stage but they are thinking we can go with a 28 foot hose, it will compress to 7 feet, which will fit in our system. Using the same formula as above that would mean that we gain almost 14 feet at the sewer connection over what we have now. So if you have only 6 feet like I do now, I will have 20 feet if the new hose works out.

Go on their site and check out the product section. The downside to making the switch, their hose is not cheap. Another benefit possibly is that have you noticed after you are done with cleaning and you start driving away you leave a trail as the system (hose) still has some water in it. The drainmaster hose has a lever on it so you can keep what is in the hose in the hose. That might be a plus.

I will keep you posted on the conversation or you can give them a call.
Mike- We may have a solution: I ordered a 28' Camlock system and a #5628 adapter as well as a Valterra T1027 Rotating Rigid Sewer Pipe Bayonet Adapter with 3" Male Thread x Bayonet Hooks from Amazon. I'll let you know if it all fits together and works. I bought the adapter from Amazon because I don't want to modify the connection at the valves just yet. If it works, should have about 18' of hose to reach park sewer connections. Keep your fingers crossed. Now I just have to figure out how to fish the new hose through the PVC pipe.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #7

Keep me posted. I love it when a plan comes together.
Old 08-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #8

Cornerstone sewer system

Ok Cornerstone owners with the waste master system Dlovitt and I have been talking about and wanted to come up with a better system. I tried Drainmaster and I made it work to fit the Cornerstone. Dlovitt I know you are waiting on yours this may help on the install.

A lot of you know that I have been on this forum as well as others helping one another come up with Mods etc... I don't think I ever complained about Entegra but this sewer hose situation made me a little upset. A little background, Cornerstone owners are forced to purchase the waste master system, I think it is $1295 on the sticker. We were told we had 25' feet of sewer hose, Plenty to hook up at a campsite. Well as Dlovitt will attest to when you go to hook up to your first campsite, you only have in my case about 6 feet. The truth of the matter is you only get 15 feet of hose total and 8 feet of it goes to the other side of the coach. So you have to buy another slinky extension and store it someplace on the bus. Not what we expected for $1295 forced option.

I was talking to Drainmaster about retrofitting because they sell a sewer hose that collapses 4 to 1 and it is smooth on the inside. So 28 feet of hose will fit into a 7 foot opening. Awesome! I bought it knowing that I was going to have to figure out how to MAKE IT FIT! Another big project that I really did not want to tackle!

Shame on Entegra, I was told by Drainmaster, Entegra looked into the hose but never went any further. Entegra uses Thetford sewer hose $69.00 retail for 15 feet. It only collapses 2 to 1 so you can only have 15 to 16 feet total of hose. First hand experience it will leak either in your cargo bay or you will get a pin hole in the hose. Morale of the story, I would of gladly spent the $1295 if they had the Drainmaster hose. I now have 28 feet of sewer hose and with a simple push it all goes back into the waste master system Out of sight and not in the cargo bay ready for the next CG.

Ok attached are the pictures for the fix. Works great, has a cam lock system that cannot leak. You cannot pull this hose from the connection like you can with the original hose. You also have 19 to 20 feet of hose at the door so you can hook up to 99% of campsites. You also have a shutoff at the nozzle so when you go to leave the campsite you are not dropping waste left in the hose (Cornerstone owners you know what I am talking about) . It is also Air tight when you close the nozzle.

The first picture is after I removed the old hose. The only way you can get the new hose in you have to start from the other opening and push the male side of the hose thru. The cam lock system will not make the 90 degree turn. I had to use a air grinder to file off the inner edges of the white PVC elbow and I cut off the PVC that extruded into the bay area. With it removed I could get a better look at what i was grinding. Using lubricant at the elbow I was able to pull it through. I then had to grind off the 4 legs on the black pipe to make it smooth. I then glued the female cam lock on the black pipe, hooked everything up and it is so much better than OEM. Sorry I was a little winded on this post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1273.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	70247   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1274.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	70248  

Name:	IMG_1277.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	70249   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1278.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	70250  

Name:	IMG_1279.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	275.4 KB
ID:	70251  
Old 08-08-2014, 03:46 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Mike, I don't own a Cornerstone, but enjoyed the heck out of reading how you solved the problem. I am sure many CS owners are going to be very pleased with your efforts.

To clarify for me, was the new hose system $1,295.?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Mike, I don't own a Cornerstone, but enjoyed the heck out of reading how you solved the problem. I am sure many CS owners are going to be very pleased with your efforts.

To clarify for me, was the new hose system $1,295.?
The new hose system was $250.00. Cornerstones come with a electronic Waste system for $1295.00. You cannot use the traditional waste system on a Cornerstone because the Black and Gray tanks are on the passenger side. So sewer hose runs near the rear tires to the drivers side. It keeps all the waste etc... out of the water bay area. Done right it is a great system. So great system but they cheaped out with the sewer hose which in the end causes problems for the end user.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
The new hose system was $250.00. Cornerstones come with a electronic Waste system for $1295.00. You cannot use the traditional waste system on a Cornerstone because the Black and Gray tanks are on the passenger side. So sewer hose runs near the rear tires to the drivers side. It keeps all the waste etc... out of the water bay area. Done right it is a great system. So great system but they cheaped out with the sewer hose which in the end causes problems for the end user.
Now the $1,295 makes cents (pun intended) thanks for the explanation. I have followed the sewer connection problems on the CS posts and it sounds like you have solved the problem at a reasonable cost. However, it should have been included in the up-charge on the CS to end the frustration of CS owners.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:53 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Mike, I am flabbergasted. Without a shop to do the work you did, what are the alternatives???? What does Entegra offer to resolve this problem????? I can do a lot of things, but without the tools, or the place to do the work, well.....

I guess I'll copy this and ask Paul at Precision if he can do this work...but...I'm thinking that at the price, it is something that I should demand be fixed at the factory when I go there during the October visit.

The question in my mind is can I slug through for two months till I get there????
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
And it should make for an interesting discussion with ted and Joyce next week! Say it is not so on a $620k MSRP coach:(
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:42 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, not seeing a Cornerstone setup, but I have read Mikes post several times and it looks like a simple cutoff tool will do the mod without much of a problem. They make an air one for $7.99 but our on-board compressor will keep not up with it. The electric one would be less than going to MI to have the mod done. 120 Volt 3 in. High Speed Cut-Off Tool Even a Dremel tool should work, but it would take longer. Just a suggestion to try to help with a problem.

Maybe Mike could share how long the mod took to do and if there was anything really difficult that wouldn't allow the mod to be done in an RV park. I am sure other CS owners might be in the same situation.

Getting Entegra to put in the right hose is a better idea.