Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2022, 09:18 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
2014 Entegra Cornerstone Towbar Hitch Size - 2" or 2.5"?

Hi folks,

Hoping someone with this coach can respond. I'm trying to determine exactly what size tow bar to buy and I'm getting conflicting information from Spartan and Entegra whether the tow bar connection on a 2014 Entegra Cornerstone (15k lb rated) is a 2" opening or a 2.5" opening. Any help would be appreciated from someone who actually has this coach and is using a tow bar on theirs. Thanks.
kds4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2022, 09:49 AM   #2

Do you have one on there now? Can you just measure it?
Old 11-07-2022, 10:25 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Unfortunately, I'm in SC and the coach is in FL. Supposed to go down there to take delivery next week. Trying to bring the correct tow bar with us so we don't have to drive our tow car back separately.
kds4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 10:40 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
All of the receivers on the Cornerstones are 2.5 inch that I am aware of.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 06:14 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This is something you want to get right before you get the tow bar.
My 17 coach had a 2.5 inch. I think it was a 20,000 pound hitch.
I am not sure about the 2014.

I have the wrong size tow bar. 2 inch. I just pull a small SUV and have to use an adapter to get the 2.5 inch reduced down to the 2 inch tow bar.

This is not the best way to go. I wish I would have got the right size tow bar to start with.
I just feel like I have a little more play in this setup than preferred.

One day I will changeout that part on my tow bar to a 2.5 inch. Or just get a new 2.5 inch tow bar.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:41 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

I have the 2.5" receiver but I use the normal 2" towbar with the 2" to 2.5" sleeve.

When we first got the coach I had the normal 2" towbar stub and found it wouldn't fit. But we were scheduled to leave right away on a trip and I didn't look at the hitch connection until the day before. So I took the bar to my shop and welded plates onto it to bring it up to 2.5". Later I bought the 2.5" stub (quite pricey by the way) for my towbar so that it was a permanent fix.

However, the 2.5" stub was a tight fit in the receiver, mainly because of the curved radius of the receiver interior versus the squared corners of the tow bar stub. After a few thousand miles the only way I could get the towbar out was to hook up to my Jeep, throw it in 4 wheel drive low range and pull the towbar out of the coach's receiver.

I have since gone to the standard 2" towbar with the 2" to 2.5" sleeve that is very popular. It works just fine and if I never need a towbar when travelling I can find a 2" towbar at any RV dealership. We use them at work pulling heavy equipment with pintle hitches and they hold up just fine.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:52 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I followed Marks's advise and purchased the 2.5 inch adapter. It's worked find, no excessive wear on the pins or receiver.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I used the adapter, and it worked fine. When I got a new tow bar, I got the 2.5". Much better
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 10:01 AM   #9

I believe a 2014 Cornerstone had 315 tires in front, so therefore it would have 15k towing which is 2"

When the Cornerstone went to the larger 365 tires, is when the hitch rating went to 20k

Hopefully this helps

Robin
RobinRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, hitch, tow