Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2014, 04:51 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
2014s and later - Samsung Microwave

I don't know who thought appliances should have microcomputers in them for all the bling, but it is not progress! The PDI Tech warned me about the Samsung micro convection ovens "losing their minds" and he was right. When I transfer power from inverters to shore power or generator, or power up the coach, the Microwave fan or light will come on. When you attempt to turn it off it won't respond to keypad inputs. This microwave requires setting the clock before it will obey commands and a lot of times the keypad won't repspond to that. The only remedy the tech told me is recycle the circuit breaker and he was right. What a PITA. My wife is learning how to recycle circuit breakers to turn off the microwave fan or light. I liked the Maytag microwave in the 13 Aspire better!
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2014, 05:23 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We learned that the first night we spent in the Anthem, pull the plug to reset it before we could even use it. It sounds like that is going to be a normal drill every time we stop. Now we know ours is like all of the others. You are correct, if the Samsung's all work like this, they are not practical for RV use.

Our water/ice dispenser on the Samsung refrigerator door was dripping when city water was connect and the dispenser not even used. A valve had to be replace when it went back to the factory.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #3

Ours does the same thing. Light will come on, exhaust will start blowing, and keypad does not work when this happens. Thought we had a ghost ship. I to figured out to reset the breaker.

RogerFrost
2014 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
RogerFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Ours does the same thing. We get SE on the screen and have to unplug, wait and then plug it back in. We had to have the circuit breaker replaced due to it popping all the time. (Punch list time when it goes back to IND) Did they get these microwave’s at a fire sale? LOL
14 Cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I am now wondering how long the Samsungs will last with the number of constant resets? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Then there is the dishwasher with a personality that periodical craves attention so just starts beeping or decides to unlock itself and slide open!

But we love our coach!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:20 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Microwave

My Samsung microwave would not work until I reset breaker. I had board replaced at factory in March will let you know if it works properly after 2 week trip next week.
Onvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:50 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I have had the microwave brains replaced once so far.. It would randomly turn on in the night, lock up.. I called Samsung and described it as a possessed microwave, which ironical they had categorized in their system as a known issue. Needless to say the problem has returned and I'm just going to have a new other brand installed.. It scares me what it's doing in the night. I never had issues with the Sharp I had in my Itasca...
Mario-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
My wife loves GE Advantiums to the point that I have one in my home and one on my boat. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be installing one in my Cornerstone once it arrives.

I have a Samsung Dishwasher and a slide in stove at my home base. To be totally honest, I am not terribly impressed with either one - and these are not low end units. These kind of issues will start to drive CS crazy - especially if Samsung is slow to resolve them. It certainly sounds like Entegra should re-evaluate their decision to go strictly with Samsung appliances.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #10

This is an issue that Entegra customer service should be informing owners about, not having owners inform them. Obviously it is an issue. I would expect that Entegra come up with a fix and inform the owners. I take possession of mine early next week. I will make sure I look for that issue on my unit.
Fasteddie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:12 PM   #11

Same problem here, microwave was turning itself on at night and would lock up until we reset the breaker. Had the board replaced, but the fan has been turning itself on in the middle of the night. There have been a lot of fires in homes, due to malfunctioning microwaves. I don't know if it is the same case in motor homes.
andrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:24 PM   #12

Problems with ours on 2011 ASPIRE, Microwave would just decide to come on by it's self. Showed a Code several times and we have never been able to get info on it. Reported to Entegra CS on both factory service visits and nothing ever done or changed as naturally it did not act up when they tested things.
SDM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Ours is doing something similar except sometimes we cannot even reset the time or even get 1 touch panel push out of it before it locks up. Will try the breaker idea instead of pulling the plug and see what happens.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #14

Mine keeps giving an error when trying to preheat to 425. Not sure why they limited the temp to 425 and not 500. Has anyone had this issue?