Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2015, 06:14 AM   #1

2015 Anthem New Induction Cooktop

I am in the process of taking possession of my new 2015 Anthem at MHS in Alvaredo, and I was notified last week that my coach came with an induction cooktop installed and it was the first coach that they had seen that came with the induction installed standard. We had expected standard electric cooktop. Attached are pictures of the cooktop showing placement and a close up showing manufacturer.

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	induction cooktop mounting.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	85702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Induction Cookktop #1.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	85703  

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Great, I thought the induction should be included for the price point. Happy for you and your new Entegra.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:28 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
We have a portable induction cooker and DW loves it....Its all she uses now.....other than the BBQ.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:40 AM   #4

You will like it. I had to get (steal from my wife) some new pots & pans.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:26 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Just a thought...read the instructions to avoid surprise in how the True Induction stove top allocates power. It balances the heat requested if you use both burners, and the left burner will only go up to a "5". We thought that strange and DW checked with manufacturer help line. The stovetop has been designed that way.

For that reason. we still carry and use out TI portable.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Just a thought...read the instructions to avoid surprise in how the True Induction stove top allocates power. It balances the heat requested if you use both burners, and the left burner will only go up to a "5". We thought that strange and DW checked with manufacturer help line. The stovetop has been designed that way.

For that reason. we still carry and use out TI portable.

The new Kenyon 120V Induction cooktop that we are ordering does the same. The system has to restrict the cooktop to 1300 watts total. Don't see it as too much of a negative. Can't think of anything that I would cook inside the MH where I would need high heat from both burners at once.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Lucky ..... ours just has the electric cooktop. But, I do have a portable True Induction that I use as well. Take that with us to do things like bacon outside ....
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:02 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I ordered these for the induction cook top for my Cornerstone when it comes in. Still waiting for that phone call when it will be arriving.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhz View Post
I ordered these for the induction cook top for my Cornerstone when it comes in. Still waiting for that phone call when it will be arriving.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You might want to reconsider. The reviews that I read said that the induction compatibility claimed for this set is not there. It's aluminum. Give it the magnet test.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:10 PM   #10

I like the side by side burners instead of the front and back. Our 2015 has the electric front to back burner configuration.

The jury is still out for the wife on electric vs induction.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just a small correction. The cooktop will start out at five when you turn both burners on, however, if you reduce one side to let's say two or three, you will then be able to turn the corresponding side up to seven eight or nine depending on the other burner's setting. The total cannot exceed a value of 10. This is very useful if you were cooking a meal that requires let's say boiling a pot on one side and just maintaining a simmer on the other. This is the main feature of the load sharing on the stove. On most other induction stoves there is no load sharing so five is the maximum when you're using both burners whether it's set at one or a low setting on the other burner you still cannot exceed five on the corresponding burner. If you use the cooktop in temperature mode, it will default to a maximum of five on either side. In any event you will absolutely love the true induction stove. I hope this all made sense.
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:55 PM   #12

Gary, thanks for the link and the Amazon says it is NOT aluminum but an induction compatabe steel. Ordered a set, if it does not work we will return it but it is made by an old line company and you have Amazons guarantee. All JMHO
Old 02-10-2015, 03:18 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbones View Post
Just a small correction. The cooktop will start out at five when you turn both burners on, however, if you reduce one side to let's say two or three, you will then be able to turn the corresponding side up to seven eight or nine depending on the other burner's setting. The total cannot exceed a value of 10. This is very useful if you were cooking a meal that requires let's say boiling a pot on one side and just maintaining a simmer on the other. This is the main feature of the load sharing on the stove. On most other induction stoves there is no load sharing so five is the maximum when you're using both burners whether it's set at one or a low setting on the other burner you still cannot exceed five on the corresponding burner. If you use the cooktop in temperature mode, it will default to a maximum of five on either side. In any event you will absolutely love the true induction stove. I hope this all made sense.
Just going by what the manufacturer said...and had tried what you suggested. I guess what I would say, is don't be surprised by either report. DW did say that manufacturer said that the right hand side burner would go no higher than "5".
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:26 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Marc is always saying "Chocolate vs Vanilla" and I think this is another one. Our Induction is front to back and it does look a bit strange with the controls on the side. But it also leaves more counter space between the range and the sink. We often chop there so the stuff flies into the sink for clean up.

Probably not an option on Factory Installed anyway and I agree it looks nicer.