Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2015, 07:40 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
The 2013 Cornerstone I reviewed had an excellent camera system. In 2015 Entegra went with new system that I did not like, as did everyone else it appears. I heard that the reason was so that the new monitor matched the GPS. For 2016 that system is history. The new system will not have a tilt able rear camera but the angle is such that you can see your hitch as well as behind the toad. We had that in our last coach and it worked well.
Hey Mark, do you know what has changed in 2016? The 2014 system had the ability to see both the hitch and the back of the toad but the picture is so small with little definition(because of its large field of view), you couldn't rely on it. If they have changed something, perhaps it is the answer to the 2014 and 15 complaints.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2015, 08:00 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

I know it's new and has a wide field capable of seeing the hitch and back of toad but that's all I know. I haven't actually seen the new system yet. However, I had a Sony 3 camera system in our '07 Tiffin and it had a great angle of view on the rear camera. It covered everything and wasn't so wide that everything was mini-sized. The side cameras were useless though. Mounted on the sides of the front cap they gave a tunnel vision look with no depth perception. As good as the rear camera was, the Sony side cameras were pretty poor in resolution and color rendition. The 2013 Cornerstone that I drove had some great side cams and mounted on the mirrors gave me good depth perception as well. Hopefully the new system is similar. I don't know the brand name but was told it was not Voyager.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
That would be nice Noel! Unfortunately they changed for the worse on the 15. Not only do you get that stupid 3 camera view all the time, the side cameras are terrible. Must have decided to save a few bucks and it did not workdde2c. Bet it changes on the 16s and we will be stuck with a bad system on the 15s, NOT. Entegra will work it out and make ours somewhat better but I fear the only real fix is to change the system out. ALSO the 15 system dumped the tilting rear camera, another feature I really liked. dde8cdde93
The rear tilting camera was dropped on the 14s. The 14s on have a new camera with a wider view wham the 13s and earlier models as I was told by Mike at CS.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Hey Mark, do you know what has changed in 2016? The 2014 system had the ability to see both the hitch and the back of the toad but the picture is so small with little definition(because of its large field of view), you couldn't rely on it. If they have changed something, perhaps it is the answer to the 2014 and 15 complaints.
When I back up, I'll change the view to my TV to get a bigger picture. When driving, I have the GPS on the big screen and the cameras in the two dash screens. Now, the rear camera is all but useless as all I see now is my car hauler trailer... ;o). I need to add a camera to the rear of the trailer.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:49 PM   #19
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK - I've played with things a little, and the "easiest" work-around I can come up with is this:

1. Go into the setup screen, find the "Favorite" item, change that to camera and set that as your Favorite.

2. Run the totally worthless RM GPS (what a piece of sh** this system is - I guess I'm "somewhat" prejudiced, I work big iron for the National Security Agency (yes that's NSA, and yes I live my life in the cloud and many other places that you don't want to know about...) and the speed and accuracy is pathetic... The speed of this "system" is beyond acceptable with today's technology...

3. When you need to get a GOOD look at the rear camera only, hit the Fav button on the screen bezel - that will flip the camera to rear view on the TOP screen, and you can get a more accurate view of the rear.

4. When done, hit the "Navi" button and that should take you back to the RM screen.

I think I've got this right - let me know if you have issues - thanks...

Not great, best I could work out on short notice - more to follow...
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:30 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally View Post
When I back up, I'll change the view to my TV to get a bigger picture. When driving, I have the GPS on the big screen and the cameras in the two dash screens. Now, the rear camera is all but useless as all I see now is my car hauler trailer... ;o). I need to add a camera to the rear of the trailer.
Terry, your camera is just the opposite of mine, I can hardly see the toad but can see both sides of the interstate. I am going to check and see if there is an adjustment on the outside of the camera. I would sure like to split the difference..... I sure don't need to see the other side of the Interstate and not my toad clearly.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:15 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Terry, your camera is just the opposite of mine, I can hardly see the toad but can see both sides of the interstate. I am going to check and see if there is an adjustment on the outside of the camera. I would sure like to split the difference..... I sure don't need to see the other side of the Interstate and not my toad clearly.
Chuck, my rear camera is pretty good and I can clearly see the back end of my Dodge. No problem using the rear view camera for clearance check when changing lanes. They are manually adjustable. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:52 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Noel...."have ladder will travel", I will drop the camera angle down.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Not sure how it was done exactly but with the right input plugged into the right spot you CAN get rid of the side view cameras on the lower screen on a 2015,s.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:38 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjw View Post
I am trying to find out if anyone has been able to turn off the left/right views in the rear camera monitor on a 2015 Anthem. What I am trying to accomplish is just have the rear view on all the time on the lower monitor, and have the left/right little views off. There doesn't seem to be a mode or selector button on the lower monitor on the Anthem.

In searching it appears that over the years Entegra has switched out which monitor/camera set up they are using in different years.

Any help appreciated - thanks...
Your right; you can change it through the settings. We have a 2015 Anthem and on the day we purchased it I had MHS check with Entegra about removing those useless, IMHO, side view insets on the rear view camera. they told me it was impossible without turning off the side camera completely. I really don't like these insets, so after thinking about it, I had my local RV shop go into the dash behind the camera and run the RCA cable out. I wanted to see how the video from the side camera was run into the MH...it comes into a board. So, we swapped the RCA side camera cable to the radio and the radio rear camera view to the monitor. Extremely simple, as they're just plug-n-play. So, now, l have the rear view on the monitor all the time without the side camera insets just like I wanted and I think you want. Now, when I hit my turn signal, the lower monitor has the side view and the rear view switches to the radio monitor. this may not be the best work around but it works for me. I wanted to eliminate the side view inset cameras...as you do..and this did it for me. Plus, I still have my rear view when turning..it's just on my radio and not the camera monitor. Hope this helps!
donkhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Don, nice work around. After seeing the 2015 in person, I would follow your setup in a heartbeat.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #26
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkhris View Post
We have a 2015 Anthem and on the day we purchased it I had MHS check with Entegra about removing those useless, IMHO, side view insets on the rear view camera. they told me it was impossible without turning off the side camera completely. I really don't like these insets, so after thinking about it, I had my local RV shop go into the dash behind the camera and run the RCA cable out. I wanted to see how the video from the side camera was run into the MH...it comes into a board. So, we swapped the RCA side camera cable to the radio and the radio rear camera view to the monitor. Extremely simple, as they're just plug-n-play. So, now, l have the rear view on the monitor all the time without the side camera insets just like I wanted and I think you want. Now, when I hit my turn signal, the lower monitor has the side view and the rear view switches to the radio monitor. this may not be the best work around but it works for me. I wanted to eliminate the side view inset cameras...as you do..and this did it for me. Plus, I still have my rear view when turning..it's just on my radio and not the camera monitor. Hope this helps!
My delivery tech had the same info - not possible - that rear view with the side cameras blocking 1/3 of the screen was very unusable for me. Not sure I did exactly the same as you, but your post encouraged me to go in there looking around and I found a fix too (maybe the same).

With the big dash panel pulled out and resting on a towel on the console, I could follow the cables from the lower monitor toward the windshield and driver's side to some sort of switch/distribution box with three yellow video cables plugged into the top of it (along with a lot of others). The video cable feeding the top monitor was on the passenger side and the video cable feeding the lower monitor was next to it in the middle of the three. I swapped them.

Now the lower monitor shows rear camera full-screen and switches to the appropriate side camera full-screen when the turn signal is activated.

The upper monitor will automatically bring up the "3-camera view" whenever a turn signal is activated, or you select "Camera" mode on the Xite. The left/rear/right on-screen buttons on the Xite switch the view on the bottom screen (instead of the top) in this mode but I'm fine with that to get a decent rear view out of the bottom screen.

A few minutes on the ladder and I had the camera adjusted down so that I can see the hitch well and the view out past the back of the Jeep is just fine.

So - Thank you very much Don!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2857.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	208.5 KB
ID:	92521  
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:49 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Thank y'all for posting how to get rid of the side view inserts. Our Anthem is at our RV tech's place to get the battery charger installed for the toad and a few other small items before we head to Kerrville next month. I just copied y'alls posting and sent it to him via email asking if he could add doing this to the list! Thanks ... this forum really is the best!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #28

Thanks for posting great directions. Looks like my project for this week.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote