Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2023, 10:10 AM   #1

2015 Anthem Replacement Battery Source/Shop In Tampa Area

Good day to all. Have had a great run on my OEM chassis and house batteries in my 2015 Entegra Anthem 44B. and am going to replace before they give up the ghost. Looking at other excellent posts on this forum, I see a recommendation from Don and others to replace these OEM batteries with Fullriver DC224-6 . Doing the swap-out myself is not an option sadly. Can anyone recommend a good battery shop in Tampa area to do this work and re-program the chargers/inverters if required? Fullriver website shows a couple of shops in Lakeland FL. Anybody have thoughts on them or others? Thanks in advance! Randy
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2023, 11:37 AM   #2

Randy

Any RV shop with a reasonable reputation should be able to do the job. I would suggest you order the batteries yourself from internet vendors and then supply the batteries to a shop which simply takes out the old batteries and installs your new ones. Get a quote for installation only up front. My Full Rivers arrived from a company in Arizona or California on a pallet quickly and at a good price. Each battery is about 115 pounds. I'd advise being there and taking pictures of the whole process as they are removed.. I think I published my hand drawn diagrams of the battery connections that I published on my thread about installing my Full Rivers. If you need me to post again, tell me in another post and I will see if I can find my diagrams. At least on my coach, there was an additional wire that was not shown on the wiring schematic diagram from Entegra.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 12:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhartley View Post
Good day to all. Have had a great run on my OEM chassis and house batteries in my 2015 Entegra Anthem 44B. and am going to replace before they give up the ghost. Looking at other excellent posts on this forum, I see a recommendation from Don and others to replace these OEM batteries with Fullriver DC224-6 . Doing the swap-out myself is not an option sadly. Can anyone recommend a good battery shop in Tampa area to do this work and re-program the chargers/inverters if required? Fullriver website shows a couple of shops in Lakeland FL. Anybody have thoughts on them or others? Thanks in advance! Randy
Where are you located in Tampa?
Old 01-24-2023, 12:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Randy

Any RV shop with a reasonable reputation should be able to do the job. I would suggest you order the batteries yourself from internet vendors and then supply the batteries to a shop which simply takes out the old batteries and installs your new ones. Get a quote for installation only up front. My Full Rivers arrived from a company in Arizona or California on a pallet quickly and at a good price. Each battery is about 115 pounds. I'd advise being there and taking pictures of the whole process as they are removed.. I think I published my hand drawn diagrams of the battery connections that I published on my thread about installing my Full Rivers. If you need me to post again, tell me in another post and I will see if I can find my diagrams. At least on my coach, there was an additional wire that was not shown on the wiring schematic diagram from Entegra.

Gary
Gary, I believe Randy's 2015 Anthem has eight BCI Group GC2 batteries (65 to 70 pounds apiece) rather than the four BCI Group L16 batteries you so enjoyed replacing in your 2019 Cornerstone.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 01:22 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Here is a list of dealers in Tampa. Call and see if any will install or have installers. https://fullriverbattery.com/dealer-locator/
Here is the size I had bookmarked for the Classics, but I see you already had that . https://fullriverbattery.com/batteries/part-dc224-6/
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:24 PM   #6

If you’re close to south Tampa I can/will help you change the batteries.
Old 01-24-2023, 03:36 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I strongly reccomend getting Lifeline batteries. They are superior. Cost 10-15% more, but will outlast other brands by several years. The last coach I traded had 6 year old Lifelines that still performed as new.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 04:24 PM   #8

Marc, like you I am a big fan of Lifeline’s deep-cycle batteries. They’re made in the USA – southern California to be exact. And if you have questions you can call and actually talk to a real person; more often than not a member of the family that founded the company years ago. What a concept!

That said, the GACW (Generally Accepted Conventional Wisdom) seems to be that among the various brands of made-in-China deep-cycle batteries, Fullriver is the class of that field.

“Battery Guys” (www.batteryguys.com) is the retail web site of a battery company here in the Phoenix area with which I’ve done business for many years. They’re currently listing Lifeline GPL-4CT’s and Fullriver DC224’s for the exact same price - $399.99 with free shipping:

https://batteryguys.com/collections/...feline-gpl-4ct

and

https://batteryguys.com/collections/...le-agm-battery
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 07:40 AM   #9

Thank You

As always, very courteous and timely advice from forum members. I will think on the Fullrivers versus the Lifelines and see what I can do after reaching out to the local area folks. I greatly appreciate the advice and perspectives and will let you know how it works out. I live in the Valrico FL area. Thanks again!!!
Old 02-04-2023, 04:50 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
2015 Anthem classic here. House batteries lasted from Feb 15 to Feb 23. What did you end up getting? I still have the original Discovery EVG6A-B. Thanks.
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 08:25 AM   #11

Thanks for your note. Still getting quotes from different vendors. Will post what I end up getting. Took RV out for long weekend last week and all original Discover batteries still getting it done. But they are way past normal lifespan so will change them out once I get the best deal. Do not want to risk them dying at a worst time.

Tags
ace, anthem, battery, replace, replacement