Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2021, 08:38 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2015 Anthem we may buy

Hello,
We may buy a 2015 Entegra Anthem 44B. I have been reading about problems to look for on the Anthem before I go to look at it. I know about the radiator leaks and leaking above the front door.

Are there any other common model specific problems that I should be looking for?

I know about tire dates, making sure things work, and that kind of stuff.

Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2021, 08:51 AM   #2

That vintage had tons of problems with cheap, Asian manufactured window shade motors..... However, that is just something you will have to deal with as they develop. If you have a few extra bucks, I'd systematically replace every one that you really use daily with the current versions which is the MCD white cylinder "Black Pearl" motors. They are the only ones worth buying. The red and yellow motors are junk.

You have your head on the important issues. And if you call Entegra or Spartan, they can tell you if your radiator has already been replaced, and if you search the history here on iRV2 Entegra forum, you will find pictures and description that will let you figure out what you have all by yourself.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #3

The 2015 Anthem should be a pretty good unit if it was well maintained and updated.

As was mentioned in the previous post, the shade motors were a issue but the factory kept replacing them free. The Aqua Hot had different pump motors but again most of the bad ones were being replaced under warranty. With a 2015 you shouldn't have much problem with the DEF heads.

Every year they improve these coaches but in the process they end up putting more gadgets and potential problems in them.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:50 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Be sure to check with Cumins on whether your coach is subject to an SCR replacement. Also check on both coach and chassis batteries. Otherwise a solid coach if well maintained.
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 07:57 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
And tires, their age may be getting up there.
I bought a 2014 Anthem two years ago. Just finishing batteries and tires.

Later...
Ray
RayandWendy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:10 PM   #6

We have a 2015 Anthem and love it. Would be happy to give advise and pointers. Get the last 8 of the VIN# and call Spartan to see if it has ever been in for a check up and same for Entegra. How’s the tires?, Any excessive wear? Original House Batteries?
Old 07-07-2021, 08:24 AM   #7

2015 Anthem

As others have stated, mostly small problems except for the radiator. My guess is that the current owner has probably replaced the shade motors as well as the radiator after all of this time. As far as tires and batteries, that is normal maintenance you will have with all motor coaches. The simplicity of that vintage Anthem is a huge plus to me. We plan to drive ours into the ground with perhaps some remodeling along the way......
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:56 AM   #8

I would not assume the radiator was replaced , mine just crapped out last month @42,000 miles with a small leak. If the owner did not replace the radiator the potential cost for radiator

Radiator $2400 ( SPARTAN might cut you a break if they deem it a failure from recalls) running aroiund $1300 to $1500 shipped
Labor to install ( i paid 90 per hr @ 8 hrs ) SPARTAN is estimated price sheet is 10 to 12 hrs @ $150
then the price of the coolant 10 GALLONS @ 18 to 20 dollars per gallon.

The SCR is still under recall and can be replaced if i recall it is still an open recall till 2024...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
As others have stated, mostly small problems except for the radiator. My guess is that the current owner has probably replaced the shade motors as well as the radiator after all of this time. As far as tires and batteries, that is normal maintenance you will have with all motor coaches. The simplicity of that vintage Anthem is a huge plus to me. We plan to drive ours into the ground with perhaps some remodeling along the way......
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:32 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you for the help everyone. Getting new tires on it before I buy it. Looks like the radiator may need to be done. I did call Spartan and Entegra. Entegra would not give me any history. I get to look it over tomorrow so we will see.
Old 07-07-2021, 12:21 PM   #10

I watched my second radiator (and final one) be replaced15 Anthem and Spartans Estimate off hours to do the job must have been estimated from a blind and handicapped tech doing the job. My second radiator was done by Massey Diesel in Phoenix and they had the old one out and the new one in by noon time. Then things got slower only because they. wanted to add some bulk version of radiator fluid and I firmly asked that it be the same stuff that Spartan/ Cummins put in it initially and it took them several hours to find it in Phoenix so maybe 7 hours including finding my antifreeze. Anything beyond 8 hours is an outrageous charge but if Spartan will pay for that many hours, companies will claim it. But if I was bankrolling it out of my pocket I would be asking why it takes longer than 6 hours.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 01:42 PM   #11

agreed on those time estimates. When i had mine changed out .. I took my own coolant in preparation to shop not having , they had some but for 3 dollar more per gallon vs what i paid for.

At the shop they had 3 guys on it. I was in at 8 am done by 3 pm that is even with the hr for engine cooling and their lunch break, which in reality work time on the change out 5 to 6 hrs w . His claim was he added those extra guys to get me out faster which was fine by me, he threw in the KONI shock install for free.. plus he had a contact who does body work cheap that came over to give me an estimate on my basement doors that needed some paint and straightening , he came out to where we were parked at and did the work there and paint match and got those basement doors straightened out all for the price of a full tank of diesle and I rate his work 5 out of 5 due to me not expecting those doors to be the way they turned out.. .. better than paying $1500 per door not including painting.

I was going to take it to IRON HORSE RV in San Antonio , but after waiting and planning my trip to take it their they said they do not do work when a customer buys their own parts .. that ridiculous. HOLT in SA said they would do it , but they go by the SPARTAN price estimates of 10 to 12 hrs.. I initially planned on doing it myself but it's just been to hot ( 105 to 110 south texas ) to work on the RIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
I watched my second radiator (and final one) be replaced15 Anthem and Spartans Estimate off hours to do the job must have been estimated from a blind and handicapped tech doing the job. My second radiator was done by Massey Diesel in Phoenix and they had the old one out and the new one in by noon time. Then things got slower only because they. wanted to add some bulk version of radiator fluid and I firmly asked that it be the same stuff that Spartan/ Cummins put in it initially and it took them several hours to find it in Phoenix so maybe 7 hours including finding my antifreeze. Anything beyond 8 hours is an outrageous charge but if Spartan will pay for that many hours, companies will claim it. But if I was bankrolling it out of my pocket I would be asking why it takes longer than 6 hours.

Gary
ECVB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem