Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2021, 03:26 PM   #1

2015 Anthem Wifi, how to reset

Hi, I've picked up a new-to-me 2015 Entegra Anthem. The onboard Wifi booster is still configured to the previous owner, i.e. can't log in. I assume there is a "reset to default" button on the wifi booster hardware device to wipe it back to factory settings, problem is I cannot find the device. Anybody know the location of the Wifi hardware in the coach?
Thanks,
Tom
TomTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2021, 03:41 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
The 15's did not come with a wifi booster. What kind did the previous owner install? Maybe someone has the same equipment and can help.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 05:50 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Agree with Chuck, 2015 didn't come with wifi ... must have been an after market addition done by the previous owner.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The 15's did not come with a wifi booster. What kind did the previous owner install? Maybe someone has the same equipment and can help.
Well that certainly explains why it does not appear in any of the Entegra literature. Thanks for the feedback.
I was going through my RV inspector's pre-purchase report photos and think I spied it (at least a portion of it) up on the roof. Will take a closer look when I get home and have access to a ladder. Hopefully is has a legible label on it. Happy Trails.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:48 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
The antenna on the roof won't have a password, that has to be connected to the equipment downstairs somewhere. What are you trying to connect to that is requiring a password? Possibly the manufactures site to find a factory reset. If you can find what equipment is in the coach, that would help.
Where is the antenna located? Look in a cabinet below the antenna. Wineman muted his antenna on the back of the coach and his wifi equipment was in the corner of the wardrobe closet, hard to see.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The antenna on the roof won't have a password, that has to be connected to the equipment downstairs somewhere. What are you trying to connect to that is requiring a password? Possibly the manufactures site to find a factory reset. If you can find what equipment is in the coach, that would help.
Where is the antenna located? Look in a cabinet below the antenna. Wineman muted his antenna on the back of the coach and his wifi equipment was in the corner of the wardrobe closet, hard to see.
Yeah I get that. I was just looking for the brand/model so I could google the user manual for it and read how to do a full reset. When I scan available networks with my devices I see an available network with the name of the previous owner, and it requires a password to connect.
I do not find any hardware inside the coach cabinets, under furniture etc. The unit on the roof looks like something I saw a few months back, one of those units where you can install an optional cellular modem card. I may or may not use that, already have a Weboost.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTex View Post
Yeah I get that. I was just looking for the brand/model so I could google the user manual for it and read how to do a full reset. When I scan available networks with my devices I see an available network with the name of the previous owner, and it requires a password to connect.
I do not find any hardware inside the coach cabinets, under furniture etc. The unit on the roof looks like something I saw a few months back, one of those units where you can install an optional cellular modem card. I may or may not use that, already have a Weboost.
On my Anthem the unit you are speaking of is the Pepwave Surf Board. Mine is located in A/V cabinet under Main TV. The PW is printed on it. It is for the coach's Wifi.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:01 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Sounds like it might be a Winegard? On the factory installed Winegards in the 21's the routers are mounted in the basement, last compartment on the passengers side, on the ceiling, if that might help.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:21 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
What model did you select?

Sometimes the password is the model such as 42RBQ
Dr. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:53 PM   #10

Following up on this thread for the benefit of those who may search for solutions in the future, hopefully this info can help someone someday. I'm happy to report that I am sending this message over the coach WifiRanger system. I finally located the WifiRanger ethernet router inside the bathroom wall, behind a small access panel at the back of the midship bathroom medicine cabinet (2015 Anthem 44B floorplan). Once I was able to plug in an ethernet cable and access the admin console it was easy to wipe back to factory default and take control of the system.
Now onward to the next mystery: How to control the volume level when the dash stereo is on "house" mode. It activates the large audio amplifier in the cabinet over the driver's seat and blasts at max volume. Can't control it.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:17 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Following up on this thread for the benefit of those who may search for solutions in the future, hopefully this info can help someone someday. I'm happy to report that I am sending this message over the coach WifiRanger system. I finally located the WifiRanger ethernet router inside the bathroom wall, behind a small access panel at the back of the midship bathroom medicine cabinet (2015 Anthem 44B floorplan). Once I was able to plug in an ethernet cable and access the admin console it was easy to wipe back to factory default and take control of the system.
Now onward to the next mystery: How to control the volume level when the dash stereo is on "house" mode. It activates the large audio amplifier in the cabinet over the driver's seat and blasts at max volume. Can't control it.
Thanks for all the help and suggestions.
Is the volume controllable from the "house" sound system? The entertainment features changed every year on the Entegras and I am going from memory on my 14.
Glad you were able to find the hidden router.

Tags
anthem, wifi