Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
2015 Entegra Aspire 39E

I took some pics of the 2015 Aspire 40 footer (39E). A teaser below but to save space on this forum most are posted on my Picasa account here.

Also some 2015 Cornerstone shots here.

When we went aboard the new 40 we didn't know what it was and missed that it wasn't a tag and though there was a new 42 floorplan with a full slide. Impressed with the roomy feel. It appears the seating ensemble along the driver side is identical to a 42 RBQ. The 1/2 bath and bed are on the passenger side, fridge on the driver side. Washer/Dryer in the rear bath. The only TV in the salon is over the dash and appears to be a 40" or so.

Interior storage has a pullout under the propane cooktop (similar to the 42's undersink pullout), but no second pullout (like where the dishwasher goes on on Anthem/Cornerstone). Although, there is a smaller cabinet under the sink which is in the angled counter section. There is one column of drawers in the kitchen and there is no pantry.

The rear bath didn't seem as deep as the 42 and the wardrobe isn't full width due to the washer/dryer being back there. Obviously all things you would expect in a coach that's 3' shorter. However, the remainder of the storage seems to be about equal. All considered there is a lot of stuff packed in here somehow and the extra width between the 1/2 bath and the fridge due to the full slide makes the entire coach feel very roomy.

Exterior storage is very good too, seemed to me the compartment without the slide out tray (where the AquaHot is) was somewhat narrower than the 42, but there were two smaller compartments behind each of the rear wheel wells that the tag rigs of course don't have. Seems to have the same Spartan chassis, drivetrain and other features as the other Aspires (450HP, etc). 400LP Aquahot.

Forgot to take a photo, but if memory serves, the capacities sticker shows a CCC of just under 4200 pounds - that's pretty good considering all that tile and solid wood. A 40' Discovery we looked at didn't even crack a 3000 CCC - must be that Spartan chassis.

Note the photo of the sales "sticker" shows it built by "Proto Type Mfg." and has a total cost of $0 - I'll take two! Joyce mentioned this was the first time she had seen this model in person.

I'm hoping that MSRP on the LazyDays sign is a prototype too - less than $7K difference from a 2014 42RBQ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG4357.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	54147  
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #58

Entegra Owners Club
Voltdoc, GREAT photos and description, thanks for sharing.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #59

Great pics, keep them coming!
MSMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:13 PM   #60

after being at the tampa show and looking at everything under the sun I have a question. we love the entegra line. I like a lot of their engineering. but why in the heck don't they offer a computer/work station on one side? not everyone wants to look at each other while sitting in the coach. some of us still have things to do in life other than sit on the couch and face each other, including watch your tv with a crooked neck! this is not a beat up entegra as I would consider this to be on top of my list for a new coach. but that is a problem for us and many others we've spoke to. just asking? entegra has not one answer to this. to bad for full timers that are living in the real world.

Jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjim View Post
after being at the tampa show and looking at everything under the sun I have a question. we love the entegra line. I like a lot of their engineering. but why in the heck don't they offer a computer/work station on one side? not everyone wants to look at each other while sitting in the coach. some of us still have things to do in life other than sit on the couch and face each other, including watch your tv with a crooked neck! this is not a beat up entegra as I would consider this to be on top of my list for a new coach. but that is a problem for us and many others we've spoke to. just asking? entegra has not one answer to this. to bad for full timers that are living in the real world.

Jim
Jim, Not many of the new MH have computer desks anymore. On my last MH, we removed the J Lounger and installed a custom computer desk and euro recliner. The cost was under $800. and we had everything we wanted. That previous MH was a Travel Supreme, the earlier Entegra.

We have a 42 RBQ on order and if I don't like the short couch, I will do the computer desk again. I didn't let that stop me from ordering our Entegra. Take a look at the post on Entegra Mods and see the computer desk that was done in a Cornerstone.....Nice!
Old 01-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Jim
Entegra is new so the number of floorplans is low. You aren't the first to notice. MRUSA14 made a number of mods to the SL floorplan to facilitate computer work. See the thread on "modification you have made".

We have the SL also and I sit at the booth with the PC and face the TV. DW sits on the PS sofa and controls what I watch (Just Kidding - sort of). Printer is in a cabinet and connected through our hotspot.

One of the ways Entegra controls costs is to limit the number of options and allowing very few mods. The trade-off works for us.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
We ordered our Anthem 44 DLQ with the desk option. As fulltimers, we felt that would be more useable to us rather than the loveseat that is standard. The TV that comes in that option is meant to be used as a computer monitor. Also ordered the euro chair option in order to more easily use that seating for the little TV watching that we do. Just our preferences.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #64

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Jim
Hear you on that, we are thinking of changing out our short sofa for a desk and chair - but no firm plans yet. I can an only speculate that the limited floor plan options are an effort to keep costs down and I think you will find Entegra is still the best bang for the buck among quality coaches. I know its not what you want to hear, but maybe strike a deal with a good dealer that would do the desk for you (I hear Lazydays does good work)? You would probably still come out way ahead compared to say a customized Newmar. There are photos on the forum here somewhere of a Cornerstone owner that added a desk and chair.

I like to stretch out to watch TV and the PS couch is mine, DW gets the copilot recliner, so the crooked neck is never an issue for us with the mid-ship TV.

FWIW, I find the steering wheel to be quite a comfortable laptop workstation - it tilts, has adjustable height and I get a great view! For now DW does her computing at the dinette and is fine with that.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #65

Thanks for the reply's. still don't get it. guess I'm the albatross. when the time comes, hopefully in the near future we'll just deal with it and have what we want built. but I need to say after 15 yrs and 3 dp's every one had a chair and desk area I won't give up easy! lol still do like most everything about the entegra line! ps. I still like looking out the windshield when relaxing, watching tv and the people go by, dw agrees.

Jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for the reply's. still don't get it. guess I'm the albatross. when the time comes, hopefully in the near future we'll just deal with it and have what we want built. but I need to say after 15 yrs and 3 dp's every one had a chair and desk area I won't give up easy! lol still do like most everything about the entegra line! ps. I still like looking out the windshield when relaxing, watching tv and the people go by, dw agrees.

Jim
Jim, there are several floor plans that have the compute desk option in the Entegras. Take a look at the brochure, any floor plan that has the short couch has the computer desk option. Entegra Coach Products

Entegra does offer it, we did not go for it on this MH, but I can change if I want. If you want the computer desk and chair all you have to do is ask, it's there.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
I don't want to start a flame but it seems to me I heard that the 2015's were dropping some options. I'd hate for a potential buyer to be disappointed and not get a great coach. LD, Precision Paint and the guy in Red Bay can change about anything.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
I don't want to start a flame but it seems to me I heard that the 2015's were dropping some options. I'd hate for a potential buyer to be disappointed and not get a great coach. LD, Precision Paint and the guy in Red Bay can change about anything.
In my area cabinet shops are not hard to find. It is so easy to get a computer desk built for a MH and most would love to have the work with the construction industry still in slow motion. I have a finish carpenter as one of my tenants and he is looking forward to any help I might need with the MH. Lots of those types around without having to leave home. It worked for me in the past. The buyer of the TS loved the addition, it was something you didn't see in every floor plan. Just another way to approach a change.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Jim
We have shared your observation and our request with Entegra in owner input meetings with the product engineers. They have responded to many of our inputs on other things...we're hoping for a broader list of floor plans that incorporate a computer area. If you scan through the very large modifications thread, you'll see some innovative ways some of our owners have overcome this inadequacy inexpensive ways.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #70

2014 cornerstone/ 2015 changes tampa show

Entegra had a 2014 cornerstone with most of the 2015 changes.

On line 2/01/14 delivery 5/15

1. Outside -new colors (thumbnails only) new natural cherry (lighter color.

2. 4 chair table w/ computer stand(?)
3. The ipad holder to d/s instead of p/s.
4. 2015 stove--induction
5. Woodwork more fancier and detailed.
6. Back closet--6 hole shoe storage
7. Shower stall square--tiled floor
8 bath sinks counter level square.
9. New faucets etc. More expensive(?)
10 fans trimmed out.
11 l/r new mirrored display.
12. Kitchen-five slide out trays inside cabinet.
13 ceiling fan b/r standard. 2014 to 2015 +$10,000.
14 jvc radio(?).
15 new d/s and p/s seat cooler sturdier.

If i think of anything else --i iwll add.

I have pictures --hopefully i will be able to post them.
KKRONOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote