Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2014, 07:26 PM   #85

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the forum and to the Entegra threads. Cornerstone is a great choice; and the floor, as I recently found out, can actually get warm and snug in places and comfortable in most others...except the mid-bath for us anyway.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2014, 07:19 AM   #86

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elipse2008 View Post
We are looking to upgrade to the Entegra Cornerstone and would like some feedback on the Aqua Heat in floor heating. Does it work good in Cold
(-10) weather? Is it reliable and has anyone had any problems with it?
I don't know if any MH is going to work well in 10 below..I know I won't be testing it. "If" I were to try a MH in 10 below, the Entegra line would be my first choice with their insulation package and one of the main reasons we purchased an Entegra. However I cannot comment on the AH yet.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:31 AM   #87

I'm not a full timer, but isn't the point of an RV that you pick up and go somewhere that its not -10?
MSMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #88

Entegra Owners Club
Did some checking just for fun and the Aqua Hot may have fuel flow problems at those low of temps.

Diesel fuel #2 should resist gelling down to about -10 deg. F (-23 deg. C), while winter blends of diesel fuel #2 and fuel #1 (kerosene) can typically handle temperatures down to -4 degrees F to -20 deg. F. But some "winter" blends may gel at higher temperatures if it contains too much #2 diesel and not enough #1 (say around 18 to 20 degrees F).
Old 01-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Did some checking just for fun and the Aqua Hot may have fuel flow problems at those low of temps.

Diesel fuel #2 should resist gelling down to about -10 deg. F (-23 deg. C), while winter blends of diesel fuel #2 and fuel #1 (kerosene) can typically handle temperatures down to -4 degrees F to -20 deg. F. But some "winter" blends may gel at higher temperatures if it contains too much #2 diesel and not enough #1 (say around 18 to 20 degrees F).

Thanks for your input. The reason we are asking if the Aqua heat in floor heating works in -10 weather is because we have done it with our 2008 Itasca (propane furnaces)with no problems. We may not leave home until the end of DEC and return at the end of Feb in -10 weather. Just curious if anyone else has done this with the Aqua heat system, as we are not fulltime RVers yet. We do winterize before we hit real cold weather on our way back home.
Elipse2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #90

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
As you drive north, remember that you may've purchased diesel fuel formulated for a warmer climate....or if you had a full tank of fuel purchased two months ago. Either of these conditions could prove difficult. Add anti gel products to your fuel in extreme cold. It really bites if your fuel causes trouble. That can also be troublesome for your generator. Be sure to run the treated fuel through your generator too!
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:51 AM   #91

Entegra Owners Club
The purchaser of my previous LP heated MH just drove it through Minot ND at 10 below taking it home to Canada. The LP froze in the regulator and he had no heat.

Here is a post of other problems he experienced driving in 10 below temps. I hate to see anyone have to go through those conditions. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/what...ng-187288.html
Old 03-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #92

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to tomgauger
Design issues

One version of the early 2014 Cornerstones seen at the Hershey show last year had a nasty dimple in the stainless door of the fridge. That was caused by the door hitting the edge of the galley counter... bad design flaw. This was fixed in later units.
The rear bath with two sinks has no medicine cabinets!
Still looking...

2001 Monaco Exec
tomgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #93

Flash, the new 44DLQ, 2 sinks, Does have a medicine cabinet installed, a nice big one on the bedroom side of the bathroom outside wall.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:55 AM   #94

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Flash, the new 44DLQ, 2 sinks, Does have a medicine cabinet installed, a nice big one on the bedroom side of the bathroom outside wall.
Very glad to hear that. That was going to be the very first upgrade on ours. Thanks for the info.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I don't know if any MH is going to work well in 10 below..I know I won't be testing it. "If" I were to try a MH in 10 below, the Entegra line would be my first choice with their insulation package and one of the main reasons we purchased an Entegra. However I cannot comment on the AH yet.
I have to say that we actually were using our coach up until Dec 20th this last year in Iowa. At -50 degrees windchill, we were very surprised at how comfortable we were. The only issues we experienced were the wet bay lines froze as they lay on the floor of the bay(we put a small electric heater and thermometer in there) and found out our coach had no in floor heat in the bedroom and our carpet runner froze to the tile. Oh and don't forget to check your fuel level every so often so that you're not getting up at 2:30 in the morning packing things in and looking for fuel at that amazingly cool -50.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #96

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardan1 View Post
I have to say that we actually were using our coach up until Dec 20th this last year in Iowa. At -50 degrees windchill, we were very surprised at how comfortable we were. The only issues we experienced were the wet bay lines froze as they lay on the floor of the bay(we put a small electric heater and thermometer in there) and found out our coach had no in floor heat in the bedroom and our carpet runner froze to the tile. Oh and don't forget to check your fuel level every so often so that you're not getting up at 2:30 in the morning packing things in and looking for fuel at that amazingly cool -50.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #97

2015 cornerstone upgrades

First deliveries around may 15. Upgraded price around $10,000
KKRONOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #98

Maybe a dumb question, but are most people paying cash for these Cornerstones or are they carrying a note. What would be the smartest way to do this. Thanks

Jim & Natalie
Las Vegas
LVUS101 is offline   Reply With Quote