Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2021, 07:42 PM   #1

2015 CS - Level System Issue

Equalizer System in 15 Cornerstone

Arrived and Jacks down without issue.

After a while constant pulsing beeps with all four leveling lights and engine on light flashing. Engine is not running and key is out.

On shore power.

Tried 12VDC power off to no effect.

Raised jacks but still beeps and flashing and now they wonít go down.

Also tried reset (auto / power off)

Any suggestions please?
dirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2021, 08:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirwin View Post
Equalizer System in 15 Cornerstone

Arrived and Jacks down without issue.

After a while constant pulsing beeps with all four leveling lights and engine on light flashing. Engine is not running and key is out.

On shore power.

Tried 12VDC power off to no effect.

Raised jacks but still beeps and flashing and now they wonít go down.

Also tried reset (auto / power off)

Any suggestions please?

UPDATE:

Thinking the Jack error is only a symptom not the root cause.

Stairs will now not stay out regardless of the door switch, as if the engine was running.

Also having a buzz from the slide controller. Pulled in front two slides and now they wonít go out.

Disconnected main ground to board to stop buzzing outside and pulled jack fuse to stop buzzing inside for the night.

Will try switching front wires to rear controller circuit tomorrow as my next step.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:34 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
have you tried it with the engine running?
Old 07-24-2021, 09:41 PM   #4

How old are the house batteries? Sounds like a low voltage issue. Slides and leveling system would not have anything else in common(that I can think of)
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 05:38 AM   #5

It almost sounds like you are stuck in travel mode while you are parked. Just the opposite of the folks with the ďair brake alarm and lightĒ thread thatís a few threads down. Bad solenoid?
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
It almost sounds like you are stuck in travel mode while you are parked. Just the opposite of the folks with the ďair brake alarm and lightĒ thread thatís a few threads down. Bad solenoid?

Where would that solenoid be located?
Old 07-25-2021, 06:56 AM   #7

On a 2015 I think itís in the first compartment on the drivers side. In front of the steer tire. Don (757driver) should be able to tell you more specifically. Iím sure he will be out here shortly. It should look similar to this part.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../TR118665.html
Old 07-25-2021, 08:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
On a 2015 I think itís in the first compartment on the drivers side. In front of the steer tire. Don (757driver) should be able to tell you more specifically. Iím sure he will be out here shortly. It should look similar to this part.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../TR118665.html

UPDATE:
I checked inverter to be sure they had not tripped. Nothing.

Called Entegra who called Spartan. They want me to pull the ďcustomer BĒ harness plug in behind the dash gages.

Iím thinking that is how the chassis tells the coach that the engine is on (safety).

I will pull the dash and try it this afternoon.

Any thoughts?
Old 07-25-2021, 09:14 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
In reference to the solenoid, when mine went bad it was intermittent. My steps would not retract and my door airlock would not set. On one of the times that the steps would not retract I took the handle end of a screw driver and gave the solenoid a love tap and the steps retracted, giving me confirmation that it was bad. Thanks to 757 Driver for that advise, along with advise on what to replace it with. The solenoid is located in the outside compartment under the driver's seat.
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:39 AM   #10

Quote:
UPDATE:
I checked inverter to be sure they had not tripped. Nothing.

Called Entegra who called Spartan. They want me to pull the ďcustomer BĒ harness plug in behind the dash gages.

Iím thinking that is how the chassis tells the coach that the engine is on (safety).

I will pull the dash and try it this afternoon.

Any thoughts?
I believe these folks are having a very similar issue except they are stuck in park mode.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/air...ed-545643.html
Old 07-25-2021, 11:46 AM   #11

UPDATE:

Per Entegra and Spartan, I tried unplugging the Customer B harness behind the dash.

No change.

Next step I will try bypassing the solenoid by the slide controller. That should verify if itís the problem and then a quick trip to AutoZone will follow.

Thanks for all the help!

Further suggestions welcome.
Old 07-25-2021, 11:56 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
UPDATE:

Per Entegra and Spartan, I tried unplugging the Customer B harness behind the dash.

No change.

Next step I will try bypassing the solenoid by the slide controller. That should verify if itís the problem and then a quick trip to AutoZone will follow.

Thanks for all the help!

Further suggestions welcome.
It sure sounds like your coach thinks it is running (steps want to stay in, slides will go in but not out, etc). Either your ignition key switch is failed to the ON position or perhaps that solenoid in the exterior compartment below the drivers seat is failed ON. Try disconnecting the power cables (large ones) to the silver solenoid and see if that makes a difference.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 02:45 PM   #13

UPDATE:

Shorted the solenoid and it kicked back to life.

Was able to get slides out and jacks down (no error code) plus stairs work as expected.

Solenoid is now out and looking to replace (probably the local Autozone).

Appears that this one is now resolved, but will update one more time once new solenoid is in and working just to confirm.

Thanks all for assistance and great advice. This forum beat out Entegra and Spartan customer support this time around.
Old 07-28-2021, 03:25 PM   #14

ISSUE RESOLVED -Final Update

Symptoms:
With engine off and key out, stairs would not stay open with door closed, slides would not open and jack control indicated ďignition onĒ and would not operate.

Called Entegra (who then called Spartan) on a weekend Ö got some suggestions but not solution.

Solution: As recommended here, issue was the solenoid beside the slide controller in the front driver side bay.

I was able to bypass the solenoid to work the jacks and slides during our trip.

The on-call person did call me back first thing Monday morning to let me know it was probably the solenoid. (already figured it out by that time, but did appreciate the call back).

Entegra offered to source the part for me. I went the Amazon route and had a replacement solenoid waiting for me when we returned home. Took 10 minutes to swap in the new solenoid.

Thanks all for the suggestions and solution.