Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2014, 08:27 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome to the fourm!

Before we go on here any further here Al,
Have you actually ordered your new Coach yet?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Let us know what they say in regards to your request, it will be interesting to know if they will do a custom modification for a customer having one built.
I doubt it. Entegra is known for not doing any custom changes to their production. They lost a sale over an induction stove and an advantium oven, which were real simple requests IMO. I even asked them not to install the appliances and issue a credit, wouldn't do it.
Cbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
We have no problem keeping our 2012 Phaeton with off white tile clean and I will be more than happy to keep the beautiful tile entry clean.
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Yes we have.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Why not make a change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbones View Post
I doubt it. Entegra is known for not doing any custom changes to their production. They lost a sale over an induction stove and an advantium oven, which were real simple requests IMO. I even asked them not to install the appliances and issue a credit, wouldn't do it.
Maybe through experiences like yours(lost a sale) and thread's and online conversation's like this, they will make changes in the way they conduct their business to attract more customer's.......Hard to understand if the customer is willing to pay and spend the extra money.........why not
Extra money and sales boost would be better than hundreds of thousands of dollar's lost
Have to ask, inquiring mind's want to know......What did you buy?
Old 07-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
We have no problem keeping our 2012 Phaeton with off white tile clean and I will be more than happy to keep the beautiful tile entry clean.
I can totally understand your point....it is not what you thought you ordered. After going back and looking at the photos again, the dark marble look does look out of place.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Seen a lot of coaches with entries like the "new" entry, including the last time I looked at the MADP (and they may have changed to tile no, don't know).

Yes I like the tile better. Surprised...yes, because when the Entegra salesman talks about the solid foundation the X-bracing provides they point to the ability to tile everywhere including the stairwell.

And yes, they are slippier the heck when you walk in with wet shoe bottoms. So I'm not so quick to judge this as a negative. Guess I need to see in person, but in the end, seems a step backward as you could always put an OEM tread on the tile. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
I'm not sticking up for Entegra but on my 14 Anthem , which has the light tile steps, they are slick and a PITA to keep clean. I know most other folks have very clean shoes but mine tend to be wet or spotted from coming in and out in CGs and stops at fueling locales. I have had a few close calls slipping on those wet tiles. Those plain looking tread steps look a little safer when carrying crap in and out of the RV when loading/unloading. Everyone has an opinion, but I don't think I'd care if my new rig had one step tread vs the other if the rest of the coach was what I wanted. I don't think posters saying go buy another RV are being very realistic.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:01 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
X2 ... Guess that is what I was really saying, Dave...Both DW and I have had some close calls.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:13 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
There is an option #2. Entegra does include a box of matching floor tile in the basement. The steps could be re-tiled with the matching floor tile.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:24 AM   #25

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	68553

Entegra needs to update their website as I don't believe they have any 2014's in production. "Tile Entry Steps" was one of the features that had set them apart from other competitors. That's what the salesperson always keyed in on when looking at Entegra Coaches.
motor69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I can totally understand your point....it is not what you thought you ordered. After going back and looking at the photos again, the dark marble look does look out of place.
Thank you for taking another look. I wouldn't mind if they put a non slip element on the steps that matched the color of the tile, but to change the entire tile entry to an entry that the color doesn't even match the tile is very disappointing. It's like building a beautiful home and using vinyl in the foyer and beautiful tile in the rest of the house.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
There is an option #2. Entegra does include a box of matching floor tile in the basement. The steps could be re-tiled with the matching floor tile.
Thanks for your suggestion, but it's not just the steps, it's the entire entry that's changed. The sides are the yellowish color that goes up to the off white tile. It just looks cheap to me.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
Thank you for taking another look. I wouldn't mind if they put a non slip element on the steps that matched the color of the tile, but to change the entire tile entry to an entry that the color doesn't even match the tile is very disappointing. It's like building a beautiful home and using vinyl in the foyer and beautiful tile in the rest of the house.
Couldn't agree with you more !!! I haven't read any complaints on here for tiled steps !!! Can't wait to find out the explanation from Entegra on changing to the rubberized steps. Has anyone experienced cracked step tiles ???
motor69er is offline   Reply With Quote