Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #1

2015 Entegra MH Dock Lights full of condensation or 1/3 full of water ?? Any body ??

We are finding our 2015 Anthem Dock lights 1/3 full of water or heavy cover of condensate

Any body else out there with this issue???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0986.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	65841  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2014, 09:32 PM   #2

A friend of mine with a 2014 Anthem mentioned that Entegra sent him (at his request) replacement exterior lights that were doing the exact same thing... I am sorry, yet I cannot recall exactly which exterior lights were at issue on his Anthem. He said the factory was aware of problem and was happy to send him replacements (he wanted to perform the replacement job himself as opposed to going somewhere for warranty work, and Entegra obliged him)
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:32 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I had two upon deliver that I had replaced also a security light with condensation that was replaced.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 02:45 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I have two lights on my Anthem like that. I noted it at delivery. The tech said it was the detailing guys so I let it pass for now. Since then I have one that we be a good home for a goldfish. I talked to PJ in CS and described it and he sent me two replacements waiting to install. I took one apart one day and noticed a few of the mounting screws were overly torqued resulting in cracking the plastic lens body which, I think, allows in water. I noticed that most of mine have silicone on them where I think the factory attempted to prevent water infiltration. Some of the silicone work is not so good. When I reinstall my new ones I plan on taking them apart one day and neatly siliconing everything. Let it dry. Then attach. I tried siliconing my cracked ones and it was easy to mess up. I also noticed the lights say right or left and the way they are installed on each side leaves a drain hole upside down. They don't produce much heat so I think your safe to silicone the gasket or lens. If and when they burn out, I'll deal with the silicone. I recommend only doing this on a dry day to prevent the condensation.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:24 AM   #5

We have same ongoing issue with dock lights and security lights. Had MHS fix once in June but issue still exists 2 months later. It's way down on the "fix list" for our next warranty visit in November after we head back to Texas for the Escapees RV Boot Camp and weigh in.
Diesel Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:08 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Both the left and right rear docking lights have condensation in them. Both the front ones are dry. They have been that way since a few days after delivery.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I had a new set send from Entegra, changed it and pulled the one filled with condensation apart. The gasket was kinked....straightened it out, siliconed it and put it back together for a spare....easy fix.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:53 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
I had all of mine replaced gratis at the dealer. So far so good with the new ones.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I have two lights on my Anthem like that. I noted it at delivery. The tech said it was the detailing guys so I let it pass for now. Since then I have one that we be a good home for a goldfish. I talked to PJ in CS and described it and he sent me two replacements waiting to install. I took one apart one day and noticed a few of the mounting screws were overly torqued resulting in cracking the plastic lens body which, I think, allows in water. I noticed that most of mine have silicone on them where I think the factory attempted to prevent water infiltration. Some of the silicone work is not so good. When I reinstall my new ones I plan on taking them apart one day and neatly siliconing everything. Let it dry. Then attach. I tried siliconing my cracked ones and it was easy to mess up. I also noticed the lights say right or left and the way they are installed on each side leaves a drain hole upside down. They don't produce much heat so I think your safe to silicone the gasket or lens. If and when they burn out, I'll deal with the silicone. I recommend only doing this on a dry day to prevent the condensation.
Dave, I have a bulb burned out on D/S outdoor security light. I was going to replace the bulb but can't see how to take lens off:( do you know how?
Thanks
Dawg44b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 05:49 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg44b View Post
Dave, I have a bulb burned out on D/S outdoor security light. I was going to replace the bulb but can't see how to take lens off:( do you know how?
Thanks
The lenses just snap off and the replacement bulb is an 1156. The lens has a tab at the top and two at the bottom. Just pull down on the top of the lens to remove it.

I saw the the security lights are not very waterproof so I replace the bulbs with LED's from ebay. I bought the one with as many LED's as I could find. 2pcs White 27SMD Light Bulbs 1156 BA15S LED Tail Backup RV camper 1141 1003 A105 | eBay

I don't know how well they work in the dark yet, but seem OK in the shade of the hanger.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:53 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
What Chuck said is correct about how the lens comes off. My security lights are the last ones with incandescent bulbs on my RV just due to laziness swapping them out.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights, water