Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2022, 09:35 AM   #1

2016 Entegra Anthem 44B ODS slide noise/movement.

Front ODS slide makes terrible noise when going out/in. Found that motor mount had broke from anchor point at cargo bay ceiling. Also a 2x2 electrical raceway (adjacent to gear slide) has become dislodged and resting on square crank knuckle making a terrible noice and impeding smooth movement of slide. I found two sets of broken zip ties in bay. Is this how manufacturer originally held raceway in place, allowing it to move with slide? What is the solution to restore 2x2 raceway movement above square drive knuckle.

Motor seems fine.
beharmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2022, 10:54 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
This post might help. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/bro...in-574942.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 12:07 PM   #3

No, Entegra's assembly line work can leave something to be desired in certain circumstances, but zip tying is probably not something they did..... Was there a prior owner of your coach before you? If so, I have seen some amazingly bad repair jobs in my time by owners. If you are the first owner, then you've made it a long time without something going bad in the slide process. I cross my fingers every time that I press the button to start beginning in my "super-slide" and don't uncross my fingers until it is retracting smoothly.

All the parts of the slide movement equipment are under great amounts of pressure sometimes and the screws/nuts that secure all parts of the equipment have been known to loosen over time bouncing down the road and running the slides in and out, and need periodic re-tightening and "torqueing".

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 07:04 PM   #4

As can be seen in the link I've attached, the raceway does in fact rest on the rotating bar, not the best placement but to date has not caused any issues when I extend and retract the slide. I have thought of wrapping thick self-adhering electrical tape around the knuckle forming in essence, a circular mass that could "roll" along the raceway. There had been another Post a while ago, of some repairs made by NIRVC in reattaching the motor mount to the floor. I'll see if I can find it and post it.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/dri...ue-556809.html
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 07:09 PM   #5

This was the post I referenced in my previous response, NIRVC had done the repair. Please post your final repair details, as we may all learn something.

Good Luck & Safe Travels!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...dJbKiuC77QveWb
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 06:42 AM   #6

I am original owner. Why would mfr allow friction between two moving parts? The 2x2 cable raceway resting on drive knuckle/shaft connection is not acceptable. If this is normal then my drive motor is badand I will install a new one. I will update status once repair us complete.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:09 AM   #7

Can I unpin the motor drive shaft from the square drive parts and engage motor to see if motor crank is compromised?
Old 04-25-2022, 11:49 AM   #8

I will replace KMG B300 motor at ODS front slide. Can this be done while slide is extended? What variables must be checked?
Old 04-27-2022, 10:11 AM   #9

I picked up a new slide motor from NIRVC Dallas and installed. Slide works great and raceway resting on drive knuckle does not impede slide movement. Thanks everyone.
Old 04-27-2022, 10:14 AM   #10

Replace Slide Motor

I picked up a slide motor at NIRVC Dallas and installed. Slide operation is smooth and quiet. Raceway still rests on drive shaft but does not impede slide movement.

Tags
anthem, entegra, noise, slide