Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-03-2021, 10:46 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
dmctlc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Port Charlotte (South Gulf Cove), Florida
Posts: 257
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ

Hi Folks Can someone tell me if the 2016 Aspire 42RBQ has air ride suspension like the Anthem and air brakes like the Anthem, please? In looking at the brochure for them it has no mention of the Aspire having these? I'm looking at the same model and year for both but there's a significant price difference of $30,000 with mileage and options about the same. I'm trying to find out the basement storage of both as well though I think the Anthem has a 150 gal fuel tank vs. the 100 for the Aspire. So that and any other critical differences or insight on them would be appreciated. Thanks
__________________
Dana & Terri along w/ Shadow our 5 y/o Cocker Spaniel
2016 Tiffin Phaeton 44OH
Our Toad: '17 Lincoln MKX
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2021, 11:28 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
jbhobbs54's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 369
Yes, the Aspire has air ride and air brakes the same as the Anthem. If the Aquahot is diesel then you have the 150 Gallon tank if not you get 100 gallon fuel tank and a 50 gallon propane tank. Tire width on the Aspire is smaller than the Anthem.
__________________
Jeff and Cheryl
2015 Aspire 44U, 2012 Jeep, FMCA - 476557
Northwest Ohio
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 01:08 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
dmctlc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Port Charlotte (South Gulf Cove), Florida
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhobbs54 View Post
Yes, the Aspire has air ride and air brakes the same as the Anthem. If the Aquahot is diesel then you have the 150 Gallon tank if not you get 100 gallon fuel tank and a 50 gallon propane tank. Tire width on the Aspire is smaller than the Anthem.
Thanks I did read on the MSRP Spec sheet it does have water & heater Aqua-hot (LP) not sure how that works on this coach and not sure if yours has similar setup on your larger coach but does I take it that the Aqua-hot 400-LP is similar to the the diesel fueled model except it uses Propane instead. Which I guess is better since propane burns cleaner so there should be less to do for maintenance vs. the diesel fueled version which needs the burner cleaned and fuel filter as well as the water filter and though it would be nice to have a 150 gal fuel tank it's even better to have more storage space even though the propane tank will take up some space just not as much as the extra 50 gals of fuel I'd think. We have been looking at several DP with tags. We had found a nice 20016 Anthem 42RBQ but upon our initial walk though found lots of mice droppings though out the coach including in the dash which wasn't ideal for an all electric coach by any means. Thanks for your input appreciate it.
__________________
Dana & Terri along w/ Shadow our 5 y/o Cocker Spaniel
2016 Tiffin Phaeton 44OH
Our Toad: '17 Lincoln MKX
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:42 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
hdgoldie's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Gulf Cove, FL
Posts: 1,471
The Anthem now has a larger front axle. Not sure when that change happened. We have been very happy with our Aspires. This is the first time Iíve been tempted to move to an Anthem and thatís because of Valor air. I will say that the propane AquaHot is great if you are not going to spend a lot of time in cold weather. It does burn thru a lot of propane in the cold. That has been one benefit of the diesel propane. With 150 gallon tank, you can heat for a lot longer on diesel than you can with 85 gallons of propane.
__________________
Goldie & Rick
2019 Entegra Aspire 44B, 2014 G/C Summit
Dixie & Scruffy (furkids)
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:12 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
HarleySG's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pine, CO
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmctlc View Post
Hi Folks Can someone tell me if the 2016 Aspire 42RBQ has air ride suspension like the Anthem and air brakes like the Anthem, please? In looking at the brochure for them it has no mention of the Aspire having these? I'm looking at the same model and year for both but there's a significant price difference of $30,000 with mileage and options about the same. I'm trying to find out the basement storage of both as well though I think the Anthem has a 150 gal fuel tank vs. the 100 for the Aspire. So that and any other critical differences or insight on them would be appreciated. Thanks
From a Chassis perspective, one of the biggest differences is, the 2016 Aspire's were built on Spartan Mountain Master raised rail chassis. The 2016 Anthems were built on the K2 Chassis. Today, this is not true, as both are built on the K2 Chassis today, but back then, this was the major difference. Which also I believe meant, Propane versus Diesel Aquahots.

So, what's the main difference between MM and K2, the MM's had a "solid front axle" versus K2's have a "Independent Front Suspension". Some say, the K2 Chassis makes a big difference, and maybe it does. I can't say as I have a 2012 built on the MM Chassis, and love it compared to my last Motorhome.

I personally like the propane version of the Aquahot. Almost no maintenance versus the Diesel model. But, the propane model means you have to carry a large propane tank which takes up storage space, were as the Diesel model allows you to keep that extra storage in the basement.

Good luck with your decision.
Cheers!
__________________
Rusty & Pam
2012 Entegra Aspire RBQ
2007 Harley Street Glide
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:12 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
dave&ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Peoria IL
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
From a Chassis perspective, one of the biggest differences is, the 2016 Aspire's were built on Spartan Mountain Master raised rail chassis. The 2016 Anthems were built on the K2 Chassis. Today, this is not true, as both are built on the K2 Chassis today, but back then, this was the major difference. Which also I believe meant, Propane versus Diesel Aquahots.

So, what's the main difference between MM and K2, the MM's had a "solid front axle" versus K2's have a "Independent Front Suspension". Some say, the K2 Chassis makes a big difference, and maybe it does. I can't say as I have a 2012 built on the MM Chassis, and love it compared to my last Motorhome.

I personally like the propane version of the Aquahot. Almost no maintenance versus the Diesel model. But, the propane model means you have to carry a large propane tank which takes up storage space, were as the Diesel model allows you to keep that extra storage in the basement.

Good luck with your decision.
Cheers!

The Aspire was built on the same chassis as the anthem (K2). I think it was 2017 when the front axle changed to ISF.
__________________
2015 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Pusher.. 2016 Ram Limited 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 diesel
Blue Ox Avail, Air Force One
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 234
16 Aspire

We have a 15 Aspire & we have the heavier I beam axle. Propane aqua hot which we like when it works good. Looked at 16s but didnít like the layout with the tv right behind the kitchen area.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:31 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
dmctlc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Port Charlotte (South Gulf Cove), Florida
Posts: 257
Thanks to everyone, we'll be heading down today and looking at the Aspire and a 2016 Tiffin Phaeton 44OH. There's a $40,000 price difference along with a different layout though equipment basically the same other than propane vs diesel Aquahot and a little longer.
__________________
Dana & Terri along w/ Shadow our 5 y/o Cocker Spaniel
2016 Tiffin Phaeton 44OH
Our Toad: '17 Lincoln MKX
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:39 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
2cyber71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 556
I like the Aspire.
__________________
2020 Winnebago Horizon 42Q
Maxum Chassis, 450 ISL
99 Storm 30H, 04 Southwind 32 VS, 07 Ellipse 40FD
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:46 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
HarleySG's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pine, CO
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
The Aspire was built on the same chassis as the anthem (K2). I think it was 2017 when the front axle changed to ISF.
Not according to this.
https://www.entegracoach.com/motorhomes/2016/aspire/
__________________
Rusty & Pam
2012 Entegra Aspire RBQ
2007 Harley Street Glide
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:49 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
dmctlc's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Port Charlotte (South Gulf Cove), Florida
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post
Agree according to the 2016 Brochure which I had, they both have the Spartan Mountain Master raised-rail chassis though the Anthem had Reyco Granning IFS independent front air suspension with the Hendrickson rear air suspension while the Aspire has a Front Axle I-beam wide track. Which relates back to my original question is does it have air ride suspension and brakes though I'm sure it did I just wanted confirmation which was provided. Thanks for all the input I appreciate it.
__________________
Dana & Terri along w/ Shadow our 5 y/o Cocker Spaniel
2016 Tiffin Phaeton 44OH
Our Toad: '17 Lincoln MKX
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 01:19 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
dave&ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Peoria IL
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleySG View Post

My 2015 Aspire was built on the K2 chassis
__________________
2015 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Pusher.. 2016 Ram Limited 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 diesel
Blue Ox Avail, Air Force One
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 01:23 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
dave&ginny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Peoria IL
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmctlc View Post
Agree according to the 2016 Brochure which I had, they both have the Spartan Mountain Master raised-rail chassis though the Anthem had Reyco Granning IFS independent front air suspension with the Hendrickson rear air suspension while the Aspire has a Front Axle I-beam wide track. Which relates back to my original question is does it have air ride suspension and brakes though I'm sure it did I just wanted confirmation which was provided. Thanks for all the input I appreciate it.

Yes it has the air bag suspension, disk brakes on the steer axle, ISL9 450 with the same transmission.
__________________
2015 Entegra Aspire RBQ
Pusher.. 2016 Ram Limited 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 diesel
Blue Ox Avail, Air Force One
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:28 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
HarleySG's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pine, CO
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
My 2015 Aspire was built on the K2 chassis
You were one of the luck ones.

I took the Spartan Class in 2017 and heard that there were a few that were built on K2's because they ran short on MM Chassis' during production.
__________________
Rusty & Pam
2012 Entegra Aspire RBQ
2007 Harley Street Glide
HarleySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
entegra



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Entegra Aspire 42RBQ :: 2018 Entegra Aspire Chief55m iRV2 Owners Registry 0 04-27-2018 05:06 AM
2016 Dutch Star 4369 , 2016 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ Sawscjs Newmar Owner's Forum 3 12-01-2016 06:47 PM
The Big 'E' :: 2011 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ GRedman iRV2 Owners Registry 0 10-19-2016 11:26 AM
2012 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ jdwky New Rig Show-Off! 28 07-22-2015 03:22 PM
2014 Entegra Coach Aspire 42RBQ Finally New Rig Show-Off! 27 05-17-2014 07:17 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.