Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-14-2016, 05:41 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
MoHoGo's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,336
2017 & Battery Voltage & Charging

Just took a look at my battery status on the Vegatouch Screen. House is at 12.6 volts / Chassis at 12.8 volts. Status indicates that neither of these are charging.

Seems like at these voltages both should be charging, but I am not sure. Any opinions?

Thanks
__________________
Jim & Clatie
2017 Anthem 44A, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Blue Ox Avail, M&G Braking
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2016, 05:51 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 26,104
Are you plugged in? Someone posted the same problem a couple of weeks ago....the outside pedestal breaker was turned off by his grandson. Have you checked the breaker?
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:51 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
MoHoGo's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,336
Chuck, thanks.


I should have put more info in my post. Yes, I am on a 50 amp shore power, breaker is on and this is why I think that at these voltage levels the batteries should be charging.


The status has now changed. Chassis 13.3 and in float. House at 13.2 and the status is not charging. But it must have been charging earlier to raise it from the 12.6 volts I was reading before. Still thinking though that 13.2 is not a full charge.


So now I am wondering if 13.2 is considered a full charge on the house battery? BTW, I am using the AGM1 profile as suggested by Entegra.
__________________
Jim & Clatie
2017 Anthem 44A, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Blue Ox Avail, M&G Braking
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:02 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 26,104
I think Don, 757 Driver will be along shortly and is the resident charging/inverter/solar expert. I have seen him post more than once one using AMG2 on the new coaches. He had me do a custom setting on my inverters and I am now getting a 90% charge instead of the factory recommended 80% charge which was shorting the battery life in my opinion.

It sounds like your charging setup is the same as mine was, not getting a full charge to the batteries. My factory setting was a mess, or somehow my inverters reset to default which was not correct for 8 AGM batteries, your being even a deeper larger charge with the L16's
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:17 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Chuck, thanks.


I should have put more info in my post. Yes, I am on a 50 amp shore power, breaker is on and this is why I think that at these voltage levels the batteries should be charging.


The status has now changed. Chassis 13.3 and in float. House at 13.2 and the status is not charging. But it must have been charging earlier to raise it from the 12.6 volts I was reading before. Still thinking though that 13.2 is not a full charge.


So now I am wondering if 13.2 is considered a full charge on the house battery? BTW, I am using the AGM1 profile as suggested by Entegra.
I would set it to AGM2, but that's about all you can do with the vegatouch.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:56 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 26,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty123 View Post
I would set it to AGM2, but that's about all you can do with the vegatouch.
Not knowing the Vega Touch system at all....is that the only settings for charging? Nothing in the inverter/charger setting at all?
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:10 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Not knowing the Vega Touch system at all....is that the only settings for charging? Nothing in the inverter/charger setting at all?
Only thing you can set is battery bank amperage, and AGM 1or2. I don't recall there being any other parameters that can be set.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:57 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
MoHoGo's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,336
Tadd / Donna

That is what I found, curious...what amperage is yous set to. Mine is 400 Amps which I believe is correct, but thought I'd check.

The other thing I believe I found is related to the timer to disable alarms for the loss of network comm. Seems like when you get a comm failure and reset the check box to disable the alarm is cleared. Mine when off during the disabled time this morning. Reset, with the number of comm failures I probably won't have to wait long to see if it is resetting .

Hopefully Firefly has identified the problem and will have the fix to the buffer overrun error done soon.

Now if I can just get the GPS to work, Riverpark is sending out the GPS head unit and a new SD card. The cabinet is ventilated now so hopefully when I put the new stuff in the GPS will stop telling me to take a turn when I am .2 of a mile past the road that it wants me to turn on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty123 View Post
Only thing you can set is battery bank amperage, and AGM 1or2. I don't recall there being any other parameters that can be set.
__________________
Jim & Clatie
2017 Anthem 44A, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Blue Ox Avail, M&G Braking
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:37 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
757driver's Avatar


 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Cambridge, Ontario
Posts: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Chuck, thanks.


I should have put more info in my post. Yes, I am on a 50 amp shore power, breaker is on and this is why I think that at these voltage levels the batteries should be charging.


The status has now changed. Chassis 13.3 and in float. House at 13.2 and the status is not charging. But it must have been charging earlier to raise it from the 12.6 volts I was reading before. Still thinking though that 13.2 is not a full charge.


So now I am wondering if 13.2 is considered a full charge on the house battery? BTW, I am using the AGM1 profile as suggested by Entegra.
Jim,

Not knowing what all is going on behind the scenes with the Vegatouch interface with the inverters here is what I can suggest is going on.

I think that Entegra has programmed into the Vegatouch the Multi setting for final charge which should only be used if you have solar panels. From what you describe this is what is happening and you cannot change it. With a Multi setting the charger(s) will charge for a pre-determined time period. In the pre Vegatouch coaches this was 4 hours, yours may be different. Once the time limit is up the charger(s) will shut off until the house batteries drop to a predetermined voltage (most likely 12.6v) then cycle back on for the predetermined time.

What you saw was the period just before the chargers were going to turn on for the predetermined time period. When you came back to the panel and noticed 13.3 Chassis Float and 13.2 House and no charge only the left charger is ON and the other one is OFF (a common occurance) but the house batteries are still getting a Float voltage. The screen portrayal of the chargers is poor. You have 2 Chargers and they are both for the house batteries not one for the chassis and one for the house.

Your AGM batteries are fully charged at 12.9v (while at rest). With the AGM1 charge profile that Entegra insists everyone with the Vegatouch use is Float charging at 13.1v. When you saw 13.2v Float is because this is a temperature compensated value and if it is below 77 F the voltage will be slightly higher. If it is above 77 F then the Float value will be less than 13.1v. A Float voltage so close to the fully charged voltage cannot be fully charging or maintaining a fully charged battery bank, especially with the charger(s) switching on and off all the time. Your batteries should be Float charged at 13.6v so I agree with you, I do not think your batteries are getting fully charged.
__________________
Don & Gerri
2014 Entegra Anthem 44B
2014 Honda CRV Touring

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 26,104
Don, Thanks for that excellent explanation. Even this Classic owner could understand it.
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
MoHoGo's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,336
Thanks Don,


Just for the heck of it I changed the profile to AGM 2 to see if I can get a deeper charge. On the last couple of overnights at Wally with minimal use I noticed the AGS kicking in at 5 AM.


Let's see how that goes.
__________________
Jim & Clatie
2017 Anthem 44A, 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Blue Ox Avail, M&G Braking
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:37 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Magic-carpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
That is what I found, curious...what amperage is yous set to. Mine is 400 Amps which I believe is correct, but thought I'd check.

The other thing I believe I found is related to the timer to disable alarms for the loss of network comm. Seems like when you get a comm failure and reset the check box to disable the alarm is cleared. Mine when off during the disabled time this morning. Reset, with the number of comm failures I probably won't have to wait long to see if it is resetting .

Hopefully Firefly has identified the problem and will have the fix to the buffer overrun error done soon.

Now if I can just get the GPS to work, Riverpark is sending out the GPS head unit and a new SD card. The cabinet is ventilated now so hopefully when I put the new stuff in the GPS will stop telling me to take a turn when I am .2 of a mile past the road that it wants me to turn on...

You can and should change the amp hours to "800" on the inverter settings. The replacement panels seem to come set to a default "400".
__________________
Jeanne & Rosko
2017 Cornerstone 45B
2014 Anthem 44B Classic (traded)
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:04 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
BUS4US's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pottstown, PA
Posts: 470
"A wealth of knowledge"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Jim,

Not knowing what all is going on behind the scenes with the Vegatouch interface with the inverters here is what I can suggest is going on.

I think that Entegra has programmed into the Vegatouch the Multi setting for final charge which should only be used if you have solar panels. From what you describe this is what is happening and you cannot change it. With a Multi setting the charger(s) will charge for a pre-determined time period. In the pre Vegatouch coaches this was 4 hours, yours may be different. Once the time limit is up the charger(s) will shut off until the house batteries drop to a predetermined voltage (most likely 12.6v) then cycle back on for the predetermined time.

What you saw was the period just before the chargers were going to turn on for the predetermined time period. When you came back to the panel and noticed 13.3 Chassis Float and 13.2 House and no charge only the left charger is ON and the other one is OFF (a common occurance) but the house batteries are still getting a Float voltage. The screen portrayal of the chargers is poor. You have 2 Chargers and they are both for the house batteries not one for the chassis and one for the house.

Your AGM batteries are fully charged at 12.9v (while at rest). With the AGM1 charge profile that Entegra insists everyone with the Vegatouch use is Float charging at 13.1v. When you saw 13.2v Float is because this is a temperature compensated value and if it is below 77 F the voltage will be slightly higher. If it is above 77 F then the Float value will be less than 13.1v. A Float voltage so close to the fully charged voltage cannot be fully charging or maintaining a fully charged battery bank, especially with the charger(s) switching on and off all the time. Your batteries should be Float charged at 13.6v so I agree with you, I do not think your batteries are getting fully charged.
Don,

You continue to be such a help for all of us!

Ron.
__________________
RON & LOVER, 2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL Ebony Blaze
'13 Aluma Tilt Trailer, "WHY FLY1",Golf Cart "WHY FLY2"
BRUISER, English Mastiff, DIESEL, English Mastiff & STELLA, the Pot Bellied Pig
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:08 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
brobox's Avatar
 
Entegra Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 26,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
You can and should change the amp hours to "800" on the inverter settings. The replacement panels seem to come set to a default "400".
That was the question I had....There has to be more settings than AGM1 or AGM2 for four batteries that large.
__________________
Chuck in SW FL
Digital 2021 Cornerstone "B"
A "Digital" 2019 Cornerstone "B" Traded
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
battery, charging



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trying to Decide Between 2017 Aspire and 2017 Anthem Ready2Travel Entegra Owner's Forum 42 09-10-2016 06:26 PM
AGS start voltage vs Low Voltage Cutoff pilotspike Newmar Owner's Forum 8 04-25-2016 10:06 AM
Battery Voltage Sag and Low Voltage Cutoff Pullin' Chocks RV Systems & Appliances 8 08-19-2014 10:46 PM
Battery charging voltage? ebruhn RV Systems & Appliances 2 10-19-2011 04:02 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.