Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #1

2017 Anthem 44b Dryer hose replacement

My dryer hose was never connected up. DW noticed some moisture on the ceiling of the back bath when we were doing our checkout but I didn't associate that with the dryer...

In any case when I look through the access panel in the closet I can see its not hooked up and the washing machine hoses that appear to be mounted on the wall are really in the way of the dryer air exit so I am not sure how they ever hook them up.

I am having my local dealer do the work, they are not Entegra warranty authorized. Entegra will pay them but they (my local dealer) want me to be in the middle so I need to make sure that the hours of labor that each of these people are thinking of is similar!!

So my question is how do you get the dryer out. I already took my doors off (as soon as I got the coach, just in they way). I tried to get the dryer out myself and so I took off the window valence and then unscrewed the top wood fascia, I could unscrew it but not remove it because it is about 2 inches wider in the back than in the front. This overhang is what the screws go into (the screws that hold it in place).

So I think I need to remove the right side fascia but that looks tricky as I can't see where it ends, other than all the way to the floor. So looking for any advice, pictures anyone may have.

thanks

Van
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
My dryer hose was never connected up. DW noticed some moisture on the ceiling of the back bath when we were doing our checkout but I didn't associate that with the dryer...

In any case when I look through the access panel in the closet I can see its not hooked up and the washing machine hoses that appear to be mounted on the wall are really in the way of the dryer air exit so I am not sure how they ever hook them up.

I am having my local dealer do the work, they are not Entegra warranty authorized. Entegra will pay them but they (my local dealer) want me to be in the middle so I need to make sure that the hours of labor that each of these people are thinking of is similar!!

So my question is how do you get the dryer out. I already took my doors off (as soon as I got the coach, just in they way). I tried to get the dryer out myself and so I took off the window valence and then unscrewed the top wood fascia, I could unscrew it but not remove it because it is about 2 inches wider in the back than in the front. This overhang is what the screws go into (the screws that hold it in place).

So I think I need to remove the right side fascia but that looks tricky as I can't see where it ends, other than all the way to the floor. So looking for any advice, pictures anyone may have.

thanks

Van
Van,

I have recently had my 44B dryer out and here is what I did. Doors off, top valance wood trim off, remove screws holding dryer to washer, remove screws holding dryer to ceiling.

The dryer has to be lifted over the metal angle bracket that is on the washer. On mine the bracket that holds the dryer to the ceiling was too tall to get the dryer out seperately so I had to cut the dryer ceiling bracket in half to get the vertical clearance and then pieced it back together after, remove the 2X4 behind it to get it out. Entegra obviously put the two in at once or before the whole closet front went on, either way it is a poorly engineered installation with no thought as to how it would come out in the future.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:39 AM   #3

We also had to pull the dryer out on our 44B a few years ago. We made a little wood bracket/stand to hold the dryer as it came out. I've attached some pictures of the items Don mentioned below. Its not the easiest pc of equipment to remove and replace but it can be done without damaging everything around it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0941.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	149461   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0920.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	149462  

Name:	IMG_0936.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	149463   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0940.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	149464  

Magic-carpet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:41 PM   #4

THIS IS THE TEXT OF AN EMAIL I SENT TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT AS PART OF MY ATTEMPT TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO ACCESS THE BACK OF THE DRYER TO REATTACH THE VENT HOSE
As a follow up to our call I want to update you on where I stand.
Per our call you indicated that what your people do to remove the top piece of wood trim ( I can’t recall what the proper name of the wood trim is…) is that they remove the screws and then push in hard on once side or the other to rotate the wood and then pull it out by the other end. On attempting this I noted that the top of the dryer (there is like an extra section on the top of the dryer) goes almost to the ceiling. So no way to push either side in (the dryer is not much narrower than the wood trim piece.
So trying something different I attempted what Jacob said might work which is to push the very top in so that it goes up on top and then rotate it and bring it out. But there is a bracket that goes all the way to the ceiling so that won’t work either.
I am attaching 3 pictures. The first shows the wood trim with the screws out and slightly rotated the way that Jacob thought might work.

SEE BELOW FOR PICTURE (IMAGES IS SIDEWAYS)

The next picture shows the bracket at the top of the ceiling. It goes from roughly the center of the dryer over towards the right side.
SEE BELOW FOR PICTURE

The final picture shows the extra section on top of the dryer, it runs the full length and precludes pushing either side of the wood trip inwards.

SEE BELOW FOR PICTURE (IMAGE IS SIDEWAYS)

So I am still trying to figure out how to access the dryer to pull it out to fix the unattached (and damaged) dryer vent.

Thanks, in advance, for your response.

Van Sayler
2017 Entegra Anthem 44B
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0623.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	149782   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0659.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	149783  

Name:	IMG_0622.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	149784  
Old 01-22-2017, 01:59 PM   #5

LOL at this ridiculous deal at least you know why the DA worker never corrected his mistake at the factory
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:59 PM   #6

Have you tried to unscrew the dark aluminum bracket from the wood pc that is attached to the ceiling? I think ours was lightly glued to the top of the dryer but it wasn't permanent. If you can get that aluminum pc loose, you might be able to pry the wood block behind it loose from the ceiling. I think that was just glued up on ours (2014).
Old 01-22-2017, 08:30 PM   #7

I can't get to it because the wood trim is in the way. Once I get it out I am going to find a way to split the trim piece in 2 so that I can get it out easier next time.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #8

One last idea...can you take the control knob off the dryer and slide the wood pc down in front of the dryer enough to get to the screws?

CS should be able to send you a new piece of wood to match your cabinets if you have to destroy this one in order to get the dryer out.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:55 PM   #9

I tried taking the knobs off to slide the wood down to where it could come out. But the metal center part of the knobs still sticks out pretty far, so that didn't work.

After discussions with Entegra CS I cut the wood and will get a replacement piece.

The attached picture shows the bracket that is on top of the dryer. Behind it is a small piece of 2x4. My next step is to pry the bracket off (apparently it is silicone sealed to the top of the dryer). Then the wood should be held in place by screws that go in at an angle so I should be able to unscrew them, remove the wood and then slide the dryer out (up and over the bracket on the front)

I will update when I get to the next step.

PS the goal is to reattach the dryer vent. It is off, partly due to the water lines (for the washing machine) being in the way. So I think I will need to move them over a couple of inches and then reattach the hose. The hose also has a tear in it and I have some 3M Foil Tape (marked Dryer) that I intend to use to patch the ripped section

Any comments are suggestions are welcomed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0668.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	149985  

Tags
ace, replace, replacement