Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2017, 05:53 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
2017 Anthem Electrical Mystery

Took delivery of 2017 Anthem 44B in early May. Drove from dealer to local campground where I have a 50 amp site. Second night in the coach we lost power to all GFI outlets (Bathroom, Kithchen, Bedroom, Main TV). Problem did not repeat until this past weekend. After a strong storm FRiday night we again lost power to all GFI outlets. I tried my best to collect as much data to help you folks lead me in the right direction:

1. Coach is protected with a Progressive EMS HW50C between cord reel and transfer switch. No errors noted after power loss.
2. GFI outlets remain dead whether on shore power or generator.
3. Checking inverter status shows the following:
In1 180 volts 60hz
Out1 16v 0hz
In2 118v 60hz
Out2 118v 60hz

4. Shore power reads 123v on each leg.

5. When I turn off inverter 2 breaker above driver seat In2 goes to 0 as expected. When I turn off inverter 1 breaker above driver seat the Vegatouch panel still shows In1 as 180 volts.

We have a mobile tech coming Friday but I was hoping someone could give me some thoughts as to what the problem might be. We have spent 6 weekends in the coach without issue but the two times we lost GFI outlet power was during heavy rains.
dairy-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2017, 06:02 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, when you lost GFI outlets before, what restored power? If it happened during heavy rains, was one of the outlets getting wet tripping the GFI? Could that outlet be bad from getting wet?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:08 AM   #3

Forest River Owners Club
Chuck,
The first time it happened I checked the GFI breakers and no power was getting to them. They were not tripped but were dead. I did try and reset the inverter by pressing the side button. The power to the outlets would come and go but finally came back on without intervention. We left a clock plugged in so we could see if we lost power while not in the coach and have not had any issue since early May. I left the coach Saturday morning and the GFI outlets were still dead. I will swing by at luch today and see if power has returned to the outlets.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:11 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had a similar issue with my 17' Cornerstone when I picked it up in June. It turned out to be the breakers in the sub panel ( the one on right side above the driver seat) for #1 and # 2 inverters were switched and wired backwards. Somehow that resulted in frying the #2 inverter and bridge board. After the dealership replaced them everything seems to be working fine. I would suggest calling Entegra cs and have them walk you through a series of tests to determine if you have the same issue being they just went through it with me a few weeks ago.
Petek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:41 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Petek
Thanks for the information. I will call Entegra CS and see if they can help me troubleshoot.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:23 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, now that Petek mentioned it, there were a couple of 17's that came into Entegra last July with the crossed inverter wires. That might be a problem that has not been corrected on your 17.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:21 AM   #7

Forest River Owners Club
Chuck,

I will have the tech look into this. i think we have the last 2017 Anthem to come off the line. Build date was Feb 2017. Odd that the issue has occurred twice and both times during heavy rain. I'm not very experienced with electrical systems but don't understand why Inverter 1 shows 180 volts in and 16v / 0Hz out when on shore power.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
If the Vegatouch is showing IN 1 at 180 volts that is a big problem. Even if it is not at that voltage as you confirmed with your EMS at the cord reel with the Vegatouch showing that somewhere things are very wrong.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Don,

I agree that 180 volts for IN1 is not good. I ran over to the coach during lunch and status was still the same. I tried shutting down the main power and also turning off the inverters then restarting but no change in status. Service tech has all the information I have so far and will be out Friday. I will share his findings and corrective action once completed.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
If the Vegatouch is showing IN 1 at 180 volts that is a big problem. Even if it is not at that voltage as you confirmed with your EMS at the cord reel with the Vegatouch showing that somewhere things are very wrong.
I'm not sure how the inverters are wired, but with one's input line voltage reading that high, might it indicate a dropped neutral (a potentially dangerous condition)?
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuds View Post
I'm not sure how the inverters are wired, but with one's input line voltage reading that high, might it indicate a dropped neutral (a potentially dangerous condition)?
i was going to mention that as well, or a loose lug on the ground on those circuits or at the main panel. or at the outlets themselves
gfci s are very touchy now days.
the obvious is, the gfci outlets on that circuit, none are in a wet area are they?
we had a similar issue a few years ago, not the high voltage, but the tripping out for no apparent reason. found a ground loose on an outlet in the protected circuit, that we had no idea was there...it was hiding in the basement.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:36 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
I have looked at the individual outlets and have not found anything wrong. The fact that there is no power to any of the 3 GFI circuit breakers leads me to beleive it is either the inverter or the main breaker panel. Why this happened twice during wet weather I can't explain yet.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Hello Jim,
There's a lot electrical savvy folks on this forum so I little reluctant to suggest this but you might want try this device on the outlets when they are not working. Might give you a clue to what's going on.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-Gea...w&gclsrc=aw.ds
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Hello Jim,
There's a lot electrical savvy folks on this forum so I little reluctant to suggest this but you might want try this device on the outlets when they are not working. Might give you a clue to what's going on.

Power Gear 3-Wire Receptacle Tester-50542 - The Home Depot
I have one plugged in the basement, I have carried it for years, "just in case". It sure cant hurt.

Tags
electric, electrical