Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2016, 04:22 PM   #1

2017 Anthem Inverter Settings

After reading the post from ditto on his issue with his inverters I thought that I would look at my settings. Called Entegra and they have yet to respond to my questions, so I thought I would throw it out to the group. I know that the dealer did change things so I wanted to make sure it was setup properly.

After finding the inverter configuration via the Vegatouch - this is what I've got....

LBCO - 12v
Amp Hours - 800
Battery Type - AGM1
VAC Dropout - 80
Search Watts - 5

This is all based on the L16 AGM batteries and I don't have much documentation to go by. I don't see an issue with the search watts and the VAC dropout, but I'm concerned with the LBCO and the Amp Hours. Are there any other 2017 owners out there with the same settings? I was told by Entegra CS that these settings were set at the factory and locked in and could not be changed......Well guess what, they can be changed as I was able to changed them and put them back...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2016, 06:01 PM   #2

Franz. I don't have the same batteries but if you read through the manuals for your two inverters as well as the manual for the remote generator I believe you will get many of these settings. Also call the battery manufacturer and/or a retailer for the battery brand. I found them to be very helpful in dealing with this issue.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:16 PM   #3

I set my VAC drop out higher. I felt 80VAC for motors/electronics is too low for my taste. I wouldn't want motors trying to run on less than upper 90's.

I think the Magnum in my RV is set at at its maximum 100VAC.

I'm a geek so I have a Magnum in my stick house and I have that set for UPS.

I know for a fact when its set at UPS it will keep desktop computers and other electronics from hiccuping when there is a power failure.

I think the only downside is if you set the drop out too high it might switch to inverting more often. If you set it too low, it will be harder on motors and electronics.

Does anyone know the cutout for the surge suppressors? I think they are higher than 80VAC maybe 90?, and if so, I see no reason for the inverter to be set below the suppressor.

Search 5 watts I believe is the unit's default. Just says how much load needs to be on the inverter before it switches on if input voltage has dropped out. I guess if you only have a few LED lights, or clock radios turned on, it might not switch on until. I've never seen an issue with 5 watts.

I have found the Magnum incredibility powerful but it just seems "tough" to go through the menus and try to understand all the settings.

I found pdf's of both the inverter and the remote interface out on the web. I believe the remote has all the information on the settings.

Steve
photraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:40 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
After reading the post from ditto on his issue with his inverters I thought that I would look at my settings. Called Entegra and they have yet to respond to my questions, so I thought I would throw it out to the group. I know that the dealer did change things so I wanted to make sure it was setup properly.

After finding the inverter configuration via the Vegatouch - this is what I've got....

LBCO - 12v
Amp Hours - 800
Battery Type - AGM1
VAC Dropout - 80
Search Watts - 5

This is all based on the L16 AGM batteries and I don't have much documentation to go by. I don't see an issue with the search watts and the VAC dropout, but I'm concerned with the LBCO and the Amp Hours. Are there any other 2017 owners out there with the same settings? I was told by Entegra CS that these settings were set at the factory and locked in and could not be changed......Well guess what, they can be changed as I was able to changed them and put them back...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul,

Your L16's are also made by Discover Battery Corp. and if AGM1 is anything like what AGM1 is in my manual then you are not properly charging these batteries. AGM1 only charges to 14.3v and your L16's should have 14.7v. A custom setting would cure this. Your battery bank is 780 AH so the 800 is close but if you can adjust down to 780 I would. The low battery cutout is too high at 12.0v. It should be 10.5 to 11.0v for those large inverter draws such as the microwave so as not to get nuisance inverter trips for low voltage.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Paul,

Your L16's are also made by Discover Battery Corp. and if AGM1 is anything like what AGM1 is in my manual then you are not properly charging these batteries. AGM1 only charges to 14.3v and your L16's should have 14.7v. A custom setting would cure this. Your battery bank is 780 AH so the 800 is close but if you can adjust down to 780 I would. The low battery cutout is too high at 12.0v. It should be 10.5 to 11.0v for those large inverter draws such as the microwave so as not to get nuisance inverter trips for low voltage.
Hi Don,

Yes, I believe you're correct. I have 4 Discover EVL16A AGM Batteries. I also have 2 Magnum MS12012-20B inverters installed. Not sure if this is standard for Entegra, but this is what's in my 2017 Anthem.

I went to the Vega touch screen and my options are AGM1, AMG2, and Custom. But under custom there is nothing that I can change to have the batteries charge to the 14.7v's. I have asked the question of Entegra CS but they have yet to return my call and its been about a week.....So much for the great customer service I've heard so much of.

I'll be calling them again tomorrow and if I don't get any response to that question, then I'll escalate it. You would think that this is something that should be answered while I have them on the phone...

Thanks....
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter