Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2020, 01:20 PM   #1

2017 Aspire 38M Sofa Light Problem

We just returned to our coach to find the sofa overhead lights and wall sconces on a continuous loop where they go through the dimmer cycle from dim to bright over and over. The wall switch next to the couch will turn it off for just a second and then they come back on and continue the loop. Same with the master switch in the bedroom. The switch by the dinette has no effect at all. I've reset the master switch by the door but the it starts back up as soon as I turn it on again.

Any suggestions on 1) getting them to turn off and stay off until I can talk to CS on Monday. 2) A more permanent fix?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Brooks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2020, 02:02 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Have you tried a 12 volt reset?
2003 Alegro Bus (sold)
garysfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:25 AM   #3

I did try the 12 volt reset. That’s what I meant by the switch by the door. I’ve since read on this forum to leave it off for a full minute to reset, and I didn’t leave it off for that long.
That said, while we were sitting here looking for answers it went off by itself. We’ve turned it off and on several times with no reoccurrence.

Thanks.

Kevin
Old 12-03-2020, 07:39 AM   #4

Just wanted to close the loop on this thread for future reference.

The lighting problem returned the following day and continued for hours.

I started by reviewing the electrical tutorial link below that I found on another thread.

https://www.rvtechmag.com/tech/39_tutorial.php

I then reviewed a couple videos from Tuesdays with PJ. The end of #5 and the beginning of #6 discuss the multiplex lighting system. Apparently, each of these light switches is a small computer.

I disconnected the switch next to the couch with no effect on the problem. I disconnected the switch on the opposite wall near the dinette and the lights turned off.

After talking to Entegra, I called Firefly and ordered a new switch. They asked for a front and back photo and sent me a new switch with the exact configuration as the faulty one.

$90 for for the part and shipping and about a week later I was back in business.

Problem solved.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:30 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the update. Excellent job of researching to find the problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, problem