Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2020, 08:13 AM   #1

2017 Cornerstone - GPS Antenna Location?

Greetings All,
Headed out for the weekend and the Rand McNally GPS was perfect. Left the park yesterday to return home and for the first 20 minutes of the trip the GPS screen was showing the no GPS warning sign on the screen. I have done a bunch of searching the site today. I last updated my SD card around Christmas. I plan on pulling the card and update on my computer, but I also wanted to check to make sure the GPS antenna is still where it is supposed to be. I do not know where the GPS antenna is on my 2017 Cornerstone. The GPS unit is in the cabinet above the driver's seat. It is pretty warm in there BTW most of the time. My searching also revealed that I may need to vent that cabinet and possibly add a cooling fan to keep the Rand McNally unit cool.

Again, if anyone knows where the GPS antenna is on a 2017 Cornerstone, I would appreciate it.

BTW, the GPS signal kicked in about half way home and stayed locked in until we put her away.

Thanks in advance!
Adam
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2020, 09:24 AM   #2

I dont know where the GPS antenna is on your coach. I DO know where the GPS unit is on my 19 Cornerstone, and it is right under the faux wood panel on the dash right inside the door. If I remove that faux wood panel, there is a bundle of wires.... one of them is light blue, and it is clearly marked "GPS antenna". it needs to be worked around so that it is always on top of that wire bundle (zip tied together into a bundle) so that it has the best shot of "seeing" the sats through the front window.

Now, I have also had the GPS simply stop tracking sats and not be able to figure out where it is.... that happened about two weeks ago.... could not figure out where it was in my house community, or for entire 90 miles west to Tyler on I-20. Shut the coach down for lunch (turned off the Xite unit totally), and 45 minutes later, fired up to continue to Lewisville and the GPS had no problem knowing where it was (no change to the antenna location)..... My only guess is that rebooting the system and starting again on our trip reset something and it worked just fine.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1atom12 View Post
Greetings All,
Headed out for the weekend and the Rand McNally GPS was perfect. Left the park yesterday to return home and for the first 20 minutes of the trip the GPS screen was showing the no GPS warning sign on the screen. I have done a bunch of searching the site today. I last updated my SD card around Christmas. I plan on pulling the card and update on my computer, but I also wanted to check to make sure the GPS antenna is still where it is supposed to be. I do not know where the GPS antenna is on my 2017 Cornerstone. The GPS unit is in the cabinet above the driver's seat. It is pretty warm in there BTW most of the time. My searching also revealed that I may need to vent that cabinet and possibly add a cooling fan to keep the Rand McNally unit cool.

Again, if anyone knows where the GPS antenna is on a 2017 Cornerstone, I would appreciate it.

BTW, the GPS signal kicked in about half way home and stayed locked in until we put her away.

Thanks in advance!
Adam

The antenna is located behind the dash panel. Its magnetic and its supposed to be mounted to a piece of metal that is glued to a plywood board. Our metal plate was not glued so the antenna finally fell down way behind the dash and lost its signal. I'll see if I can find the post that talked about it long ago... Here it is:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/gps...on-350464.html
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
The antenna is located behind the dash panel. Its magnetic and its supposed to be mounted to a piece of metal that is glued to a plywood board. Our metal plate was not glued so the antenna finally fell down way behind the dash and lost its signal. I'll see if I can find the post that talked about it long ago... Here it is:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/gps...on-350464.html
Perfect! Thank you so much for this... Any idea how I can access this area to find the antenna? Do I pull out the two screens? I would hate to dive in the wrong way and break something... Thanks again
Old 06-08-2020, 10:53 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
You might want to wait and see if this is a continuing issue. We've lost GPS signal 3 maybe 4 times in 3 years. It's always temporary and seems location / weather related.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Perfect! Thank you so much for this... Any idea how I can access this area to find the antenna? Do I pull out the two screens? I would hate to dive in the wrong way and break something... Thanks again

I believe you can get to it by removing the panel directly in front of the steering wheel. Five or six screws in that panel. Just pull it towards you gently and you should be able to get into the area with the antenna. It’s been a few years since I was into that panel so I don’t remember all the specifics.
Old 06-13-2020, 01:59 PM   #7

Welp, as is always my luck, the antenna was not in any of the previous locations mentioned by others. I finally found it stuck to a metal plate which they mounted underneath the DVD player and Rand GPS in the upper left cabinet. Literally under two major electronic components. No wonder it was struggling for signal. Inside our storage building, I was getting no GPS signal. I relocated it in the cap area above the GPS unit and now the signal reads high with 14 satellites inside the building. Picture of the factory location attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9B75C2F5-09E1-4BD3-84C1-25E89908A391.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	289380  
1atom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:17 AM   #8

Quote:
Welp, as is always my luck, the antenna was not in any of the previous locations mentioned by others. I finally found it stuck to a metal plate which they mounted underneath the DVD player and Rand GPS in the upper left cabinet. Literally under two major electronic components. No wonder it was struggling for signal. Inside our storage building, I was getting no GPS signal. I relocated it in the cap area above the GPS unit and now the signal reads high with 14 satellites inside the building. Picture of the factory location attached
Thanks for the update. I'm surprised that you found it up there. Did you buy the coach new? And you are correct, getting some fresh cooler air to that head unit in the 17's would be good.
Old 06-14-2020, 02:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
Thanks for the update. I'm surprised that you found it up there. Did you buy the coach new? And you are correct, getting some fresh cooler air to that head unit in the 17's would be good.
We did not buy the coach new. One owner used from NIRVC. However, I can say for sure that is where the factory mounted the antenna. The plate was screwed down to the wooden cabinet. No way to get it out of there unless I pulled the DVD player and GPS out to get to the screw. Just glad I now how awesome signal in the new location.
1atom12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:43 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
2019 Anthem GPS Antenna Location

Plenty of threads on this topic, but I have never been able to find the antenna in my unit. Tried all the obvious in the wiring rats-nest under the faux wood panel, any other suggestions?
Lasmck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, cat, gps