Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2016, 02:45 PM   #183

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Has anyone heard when the first ones will be hitting the dealers lots, or Entegra will update their website with the '17 images, paint schemes, interiors, etc? We are considering a new Aspire 44B. Thanks.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2016, 04:18 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
Has anyone heard when the first ones will be hitting the dealers lots, or Entegra will update their website with the '17 images, paint schemes, interiors, etc? We are considering a new Aspire 44B. Thanks.

Or just 2017 floor plan announcements?

I am really hoping to see the 44R bunk model -- currently only available in Aspire -- make it to the Cornerstone. I saw a rumor, but nothing confirmed. The more I look, the more sure I am that one would end up in my driveway if only they would offer it.

Mike
2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1

2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
M Bakunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #185

Entegra Owners Club
The person to call for answers to those questions would be Ted Cook, National Sales Director. An answer from him would probably be better than any source on the internet.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #186

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Bakunin View Post
Or just 2017 floor plan announcements?

I am really hoping to see the 44R bunk model -- currently only available in Aspire -- make it to the Cornerstone. I saw a rumor, but nothing confirmed. The more I look, the more sure I am that one would end up in my driveway if only they would offer
I doubt you will see the R anywhere else until it is proven successful in the Aspire.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:29 PM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
I doubt you will see the R anywhere else until it is proven successful in the Aspire.

I admit I don't know the first thing about RV marketing, but I am not sure I understand why Entegra would wait to see the level of success of an option in their entry level model before offering it in their upper level model.

Help me understand how that's different than Ford saying "let's wait and see if the heated seat option is successful in the Focus before we offer it in the Explorer." Seems to me that people that want an Explorer level of vehicle, but also want heated seats, are not going to buy a Focus just to get the heated seats. They are going to buy a Jeep that is similar to the Explorer but has heated seats, and Ford just lost a sale.

Obviously, I am rooting for Entegra to offer the bunks in the Cornerstone, and so I am completely biased, as well as completely ignorant of even the basics of RV marketing practices. But I am hoping for an R model Cornerstone, and busy constructing arguments to feed that hope.

2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
M Bakunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:54 PM   #188

Entegra Owners Club
I think the demand for a 45 foot bunk-type floor plan is very small and I don't know why they even offer it. Mike, this is not to criticize your thinking. I understand that for those with kids this is an attractive option, but the fact is that the demand for these big rigs is overwhelmingly from couples, who want to use the space in their rigs for different purposes than bunk beds.

Having said that, if they have gone to the trouble to design and market this configuration, I don't understand why they wouldn't offer it accross the board. Is it that much harder to build it in a Cornerstone or Anthem than in an Aspire? I don't see why that would be the case. Having made the decision and expended the effort and expense to accommodate this segment of the market, why restrict it to just the Aspire? Makes little sense to me.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #189
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I think the demand for a 45 foot bunk-type floor plan is very small and I don't know why they even offer it.
FWIW, just a small datapoint, but we've spent the winter in a relatively small resort in SWFL and have seen two fairly new Newmar King Aire's here with bunk floor plans.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #190

Monaco Owners Club
I agree that most couples with young children ( bunks option) aren't the prime market for a coach at this level. There's always a few I'm sure. However , My bet would be the real market might be retired / older couples wanting space for the grandkids for the "summer trip" visit.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:37 PM   #191

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm like Brian, wanting to hear more about the 2017 models. If anyone talks to the sales manager please let us know!

Regarding the idea of bunks, doesn't it make sense that those who have a family with kids might want the lower end model for cost savings?
Bill & Jenny - 2016 Winnebago Itasca Ellipse 42HD, 43 ft, Cummins 8.9 ISL - Blue Ox and 2018 Jeep Sahara. Once/month traveler in Midwest and (as ofen as possible) Southern US. Home - Nashville, Indiana (Beautiful Brown County)
jwmaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:40 PM   #192

Entegra Owners Club
We are all speaking with absolutely no real insight into what Entegra's plans are. So with that in mind, I agree with Marc in that these big rigs, particularly the Cornerstone, seem to be geared to people with lots of disposable income. That is not typical of young families with kids.
I think the R model Aspire is Entegra's acknowledgment that they would like to have something affordable for families because as was already pointed out here, their competition does have these floor plans.
I do know that making an Aspire floor plan work on a K3 chassis(& vice versa) is considered by Entegra a big project. JMHO
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:41 PM   #193

Entegra Owners Club
I do know that making an Aspire floor plan work on a K3 chassis(& vice versa) is considered by Entegra a big project. JMHO[/QUOTE]

It must be...Hence no DEQish Cornerstone despite the clamor for one.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:59 AM   #194

Entegra Owners Club
2017 Anthem's bigest change appear to be price

First, the changes to the Aspire are significant and seem to support the price increase for 2017.

The Anthem changes for 2017 not so much as compared to the 2016. More nice to have things and not that many, so to me it feels like the price increase is to allow this model to differentiate from the Aspire.

For me, this probably puts the 2017 Anthem out of my budget and unless I can find a 2016 in the right floorplan I will probably return to looking at the 2017 DS 4369 to see where it stacks up.

Rg

Jim
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:09 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
We are all speaking with absolutely no real insight into what Entegra's plans are. So with that in mind, I agree with Marc in that these big rigs, particularly the Cornerstone, seem to be geared to people with lots of disposable income. That is not typical of young families with kids.
I think the R model Aspire is Entegra's acknowledgment that they would like to have something affordable for families because as was already pointed out here, their competition does have these floor plans.
I do know that making an Aspire floor plan work on a K3 chassis(& vice versa) is considered by Entegra a big project. JMHO

I would tend to disagree with you on the bunk floor plans. For example, Foretravel has started to market a bunk model under the Realm model and MHRVS can't keep them in stock. Now this is a model with a seven figure MSRP and they are selling them. The same with the King Aire model with a price tag that approaches seven figures and they are also selling.

There are folks like us that now have the last of the birdies fleeing the nest and now we have grand kids to possibly take along. I'm not sure that the bunks are only for the younger crowd and the market may be there for those of us who are approaching our retirement years as well as the younger folks with kids.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:01 PM   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTExplore View Post
I am hoping the switch from Freightliner to Spartan will require some tweaks to the 38M floorplan (like adding the walk in closet). The 17K front axle and the 24K rear are a step above the Bus 40AP. Trying to figure out if we want to wait.
I agree that the 24/17K combo is ideal.

You're comparing to the 2016 40 AP :-)

You should call Tiffin this week and express your interest in a 17K front axle for the 40 AP....

I think it will get a 24K rear axle in 2017....

The Aspire 38M doesn't have Valid Air leveling does it?

[EDIT]
Saw this:
Quote:
  • Upgraded front tires on 42’ & 44’ units to Goodyear 315’s
So the 38M may not get a 17K front axle since it would need the upgraded front tires too....?
[/EDIT]
ekim is offline   Reply With Quote