Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2016, 07:36 AM   #239

Entegra Owners Club
Dang Rob. Now DW has the bit in her teeth and has left the corral....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2016, 08:43 AM   #240

Entegra Owners Club
Photos of Anthem or Cornerstone

Rob

Curious if the photo posted and labeled "New display panel" showing the drivers seat is the new 2017 Majestic interior color for the Anthem? or is this the seat color for the Cornerstone?

We are trying to see better pics of the solid brown color for the 2017 Anthem. So hard to tell if we like it from the swatches on line right now.

Thanks

Jim
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #241

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I was going to wait until Spartan brought out their spec sheets on the Aspire/Anthem, but I thought I would ask the question on this thread. While reading the 2017 information on the Entegra website, the comparing models section. It said this about the brakes on the Aspire/Anthem.

"ABS disc brakes on front and drive axle/drum brakes on tag axle & two-stage engine brake"

I looked back at the 2016 fact sheet and it had disc brakes front and drum brakes on drive. Now am I correct to assume that they have discs on the drive also. Or is it some misprint?
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:25 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Rob

Curious if the photo posted and labeled "New display panel" showing the drivers seat is the new 2017 Majestic interior color for the Anthem? or is this the seat color for the Cornerstone?

We are trying to see better pics of the solid brown color for the 2017 Anthem. So hard to tell if we like it from the swatches on line right now.

Thanks

Jim
I doubt it's either one. They put in an old seat during production and it stays until Mh comes back from paint. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #243

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Does anyone know if Entegra upgraded the model of surge protector?
I looked at a 2017 and it's a TRC Model 40350RVC.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2013 Aspire DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:14 PM   #244
Moderator Emeritus

The previous transfer switch was the TRC 41260, which I removed and replaced with the TRC 40250-RVC. The 490350-RVC is the new model that replaces the 40250 and is basically the same thing.

The 41260 had some surge protection but not that much. It also had no low or high voltage protection so you needed a Progressive surge protector or other brand to adequately protect the RV's electrical system. The 41260 also had minimal contact ratings, 45 amps if I recall and didn't have the greatest reliability record.

The 40250/40350 has better surge protection. It also features low and high voltage protection so there is no need for an additional surge protector. It also has shock mounted contactors that are rated for 65 amps so reliability took a big step forward.

Both the 40250 and 40350 feature RVC network capability as well as the ability to add a small remote display. I added the remote display to the 40250 in my 2016 and it displays the voltage and amperage being used on each leg as well as any error or warning messages.

I suspect that Entegra needed the 40350 in order to communicate with the Firefly system. The Firefly network monitors the shore and generator power and displays current and voltage on the VegaTouch screen. It also needs that information in order to control the AGS and who knows what else.

The result is that we get a better quality transfer switch as well as the information exchange with the Firefly network.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:34 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
The previous transfer switch was the TRC 41260, which I removed and replaced with the TRC 40250-RVC. The 490350-RVC is the new model that replaces the 40250 and is basically the same thing.

The 41260 had some surge protection but not that much. It also had no low or high voltage protection so you needed a Progressive surge protector or other brand to adequately protect the RV's electrical system. The 41260 also had minimal contact ratings, 45 amps if I recall and didn't have the greatest reliability record.

The 40250/40350 has better surge protection. It also features low and high voltage protection so there is no need for an additional surge protector. It also has shock mounted contactors that are rated for 65 amps so reliability took a big step forward.

Both the 40250 and 40350 feature RVC network capability as well as the ability to add a small remote display. I added the remote display to the 40250 in my 2016 and it displays the voltage and amperage being used on each leg as well as any error or warning messages.

I suspect that Entegra needed the 40350 in order to communicate with the Firefly system. The Firefly network monitors the shore and generator power and displays current and voltage on the VegaTouch screen. It also needs that information in order to control the AGS and who knows what else.

The result is that we get a better quality transfer switch as well as the information exchange with the Firefly network.
Mark,

So, it's not recommended to install the progressive surge protector with the 40350?

Any benefit to installing the progressive unit for added protection?

Thanks,
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:40 PM   #246
Moderator Emeritus

While it probably won't hurt, I don't see the benefit to it. The TRC 40350 does have surge protection built into the transfer switch. While it is physically inside the box, unlike an external unit, it is located before the contactors so there really is nothing gained (or lost - other than the additional expense). An external hard-wired unit is one more thing to have to cram into that compartment unless you go with a portable unit, which then means you have to think about theft and the affects of weather on it.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:04 PM   #247

Entegra Owners Club
It would be kind of like wearing two raincoats. If the first one is any good, the second one is just excess weight.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:12 PM   #248

Quote:
While it probably won't hurt, I don't see the benefit to it. The TRC 40350 does have surge protection built into the transfer switch. While it is physically inside the box, unlike an external unit, it is located before the contactors so there really is nothing gained (or lost - other than the additional expense). An external hard-wired unit is one more thing to have to cram into that compartment
With the protection upstream of the contactors, and if on both shore and genset inputs, I'm thinking this would be the equivalent of actually having 2 external hardwired units, one on each power source upstream of the transfer switch.

We have experienced generator issues so protecting the coach from those as well as shore power issues is an extra benefit.

Michelle
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:07 PM   #249

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
While it probably won't hurt, I don't see the benefit to it. The TRC 40350 does have surge protection built into the transfer switch. While it is physically inside the box, unlike an external unit, it is located before the contactors so there really is nothing gained (or lost - other than the additional expense). An external hard-wired unit is one more thing to have to cram into that compartment unless you go with a portable unit, which then means you have to think about theft and the affects of weather on it.
This is the kind of information that doesn't come from Entegra in a timely manner so we have a Progressive installed behind the cord reel. Oh well.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:36 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
This is the kind of information that doesn't come from Entegra in a timely manner so we have a Progressive installed behind the cord reel. Oh well.
Yup - Understood. I ordered one a month ago and is sitting in my basement. Fortunately, I can send it back but will have to pay shipping cost.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #251

Entegra Owners Club
Mark....question and I know you are the expert. If the 40350 transfer switch eliminates the need for a Progressive EMS, how does one bypass the 40350 if it take a hit? With the HW Progressive there is a bypass switch until a new board can be shipped, it that available on the 40350?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:42 PM   #252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Bill, I'm going to also install my progressive in front of the transfer sw. On the new 2017 Cornerstone. May be a duplication, but if there's a surge it'll be easier to replace a circuit board on the progressive than the surgegard transfer sw. plus my progressive has a remote, with bypass sw., that I mount in the half bath. Noel
On edit looks like Chuck and I think alike on this!
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote