Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2016, 09:14 AM   #43

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
Great info Mark, thanks! If we upgrade next year this may very well pull us back from defecting to SOB. Now a new Aspire would truly be an upgrade for us. There are some "features" we didn't need or want if moving to an Anthem.

Kudos to Entegra for listening to customer improvement suggestions, seems like they read my mind except for a couple of items. I am pleasantly surprised about the IFS, didn't expect that. Eliminating the propane is big.

Now for the floor plan...
I agree, the floor plans still don't meet my needs. That is the main thing holding me back from a new Cornerstone. I would love to see something similar to Tiffen's 45OP.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2016, 10:27 AM   #44

I am only guessing but I would suspect a new floor plan or two sometime in the near future. Absolutely JMHO

2016 44 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 02-04-2016, 11:32 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

[QUOTE=Cruzer;2926999]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Assuming the Aspire will still have the rear radiator.

The Aspires with the Spartan chassis always had the side radiators. Not sure what the 38M on a FL had, nor am I sure which way the Spartan 38M will be.
Just found out - ALL Aspires will have side radiators.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:12 PM   #46

Mark-thanks for posting the changes. Most exciting, is the move to an all electric Aspire. Seemed like the logical thing/next steps to do.

Do have a question and maybe what Ed was asking; if the new L batteries are replacing the AGM's. Wouldn't you need to match the Anthem in total number of batteries if the system are the same?
I am sure there will be more to follow but overall, these are nice changes to the whole line.
tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #47
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
We were about to pull the trigger on a 2016 45A Cornerstone. Now really up in the air.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
All changes seem to be good to me. I wish some of the more exotic ones were options but...
Now, if they will just build the DEQish Cornerstone
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:12 PM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
2017 Entegra Changes

The differences between Anthem and Aspire has definitely become very cloudy. I think what it boils down to is nice-to-have or need-to-have features. We researched the Entegra lineup and felt the Anthem had the most need-to-have features (All-Electric & IFS). But since the upgrades to the Aspire it has caused us to relook at this model.
I always understood why Entegra wanted to keep dollar separation between Anthem & Aspire. They didn't want to lose sales of Anthems to Aspires. I believed that if the must-have features most people wanted were absent from the Aspire they would then drift to SOB. So my hats off to Entegra for stepping up to the plate. My guess is that they will start to increase market share at the expense of Newmar & Tiffin.
I noticed that Lazydays has a 2017 Aspire 42DEQ advertised at $416,467 (2016 $390,788 MSRP) Not sure if that is MSRP, but don't think that is a bad increase considering all the upgrades. And they have a 2017 Anthem 42RBQ advertised at $508,710 (2016 $475,089 MSRP).
Looks like Aspire big winner considering all the upgrades.
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 01:42 PM   #50

A question I have is if the Aspire is all electric does it have two inverters now?
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory0495 View Post
A question I have is if the Aspire is all electric does it have two inverters now?
The Aspire will still only have one 2800watt Inverter...unless something changes between now and then. If it were going to have 4 L batteries, then it would have two. Since it only has the 2 L batteries, it will still have the one.
rv_guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
All changes seem to be good to me. I wish some of the more exotic ones were options but...
Now, if they will just build the DEQish Cornerstone
Marcosdad,

Just wait...I've seen the engineering plan for a new Cornerstone FP that is a cross between a DEQ and a 44J Cornerstone. IMHO it will be the FP to beat in the industry!
rv_guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #53

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I agree, the floor plans still don't meet my needs. That is the main thing holding me back from a new Cornerstone. I would love to see something similar to Tiffen's 45OP.
The 450P has a lot of nice features but one thing it's lacking is a PANTRY. I don't know how anyone that uses there coach can make that work! JMO...Al
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 03:54 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
You are completely right about that, Al. That's why I said similar to the 45OP.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 04:45 PM   #55

It took Tiffin 3 years after the LP to create the OP & UP floor plans in the Allegro Bus. I have stated several times on this forum and on TRVN that the 45OP is absolutely the best floorplan in this pricepoint BUT that did not sway us enough and our original design A floor plan Anthem is close enough and is working very well for us as full timers and that is without getting into a discussion of build comparisons which we all understand.
I believe that over the next 2-3 years Entegra will evolve the A or create a match to the OP. JMHO !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 05:28 PM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
The Aspire 38M (actually 40 feet) is a knockoff of Tiffin's Bus 37AP and Bus 40AP. Both those models have also been big sellers for Tiffin. The Tiffin 40AP has a walk in closet and is the coach I am (or was) about to order. I was not interested in the 2016 Aspire 38M (FL chassis, no IFS, only 2 ACs). But now.....?

I am hoping the switch from Freightliner to Spartan will require some tweaks to the 38M floorplan (like adding the walk in closet). The 17K front axle and the 24K rear are a step above the Bus 40AP. Trying to figure out if we want to wait.