Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2016, 03:55 PM   #253

Entegra Owners Club
I'm sorta with Brobox and Loisjop on this. If I ever get a '17 (will they ever build it? ) I'll put my Progressive (portable) between the pedestal and coach to be "sacrificed" if necessary.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
I'm sorta with Brobox and Loisjop on this. If I ever get a '17 (will they ever build it? ) I'll put my Progressive (portable) between the pedestal and coach to be "sacrificed" if necessary.
I thought about the same thing since I already paid for the hardwired unit. But for the $300 I paid I think I'll send it back - if they allow it. Still waiting to see if they will take it back since its been a little over a month....
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:44 PM   #255

Spartan Chassis
I'm glad the Progressive was a good choice. Fortunately I never ordered the swivel and tilt tv mount (for the the outside TV) that I bookmarked last December.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
I'm glad the Progressive was a good choice. Fortunately I never ordered the swivel and tilt tv mount (for the the outside TV) that I bookmarked last December.
Hey Bill, where do you live in Memphis. We lived there for 20 yrs. while with Fedex. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #257

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Rob

Curious if the photo posted and labeled "New display panel" showing the drivers seat is the new 2017 Majestic interior color for the Anthem? or is this the seat color for the Cornerstone?

We are trying to see better pics of the solid brown color for the 2017 Anthem. So hard to tell if we like it from the swatches on line right now.

Thanks

Jim
Jim sorry didn't have time to get all the floor plan details. Will be seeing more next week and will try to find out fire you.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:31 PM   #258
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Mark....question and I know you are the expert. If the 40350 transfer switch eliminates the need for a Progressive EMS, how does one bypass the 40350 if it take a hit? With the HW Progressive there is a bypass switch until a new board can be shipped, it that available on the 40350?
I can't say for sure but I highly doubt it. TRC's SureGuard surge protectors never did so I doubt that their transfer switches would either. That was one benefit of the Progressive over the TRC. Possibly you could unplug something inside the transfer switch until a new board arrives but that would take a call to tech support to find out.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 05:54 PM   #259

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Hey Bill, where do you live in Memphis. We lived there for 20 yrs. while with Fedex. Noel
We live in Cordova. Any chance you'll be at Mayfest? That's going to be our second short trip before we start a 5 month trip June 1.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 04-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
We live in Cordova. Any chance you'll be at Mayfest? That's going to be our second short trip before we start a 5 month trip June 1.
Yeah we'll be at Mayfest, see you there. We actually lived in Olive Branch and Hernando Ms. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:04 AM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzer View Post
I can't say for sure but I highly doubt it. TRC's SureGuard surge protectors never did so I doubt that their transfer switches would either. That was one benefit of the Progressive over the TRC. Possibly you could unplug something inside the transfer switch until a new board arrives but that would take a call to tech support to find out.
Well, then this may be one reason for installing the Progressive unit. In all our years of MHing we never took a hit in power, but if we were too, then having a backup would be nice.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:14 AM   #262

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Mark....question and I know you are the expert. If the 40350 transfer switch eliminates the need for a Progressive EMS, how does one bypass the 40350 if it take a hit? With the HW Progressive there is a bypass switch until a new board can be shipped, it that available on the 40350?
Chuck, you make a good point. I checked their website and according to them, the 40350 is fuse protected. It would probably be a good idea for those that have that transfer switch to include extra fuses as part of the "must" carry items. I have a 400 amp transfer switch on the stix n bricks and it also has fuses that I have to have extras of, cause you're not getting replacements at Walmart!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:32 AM   #263
Moderator Emeritus

The fuses do protect the MOVs in the system. If you get a surge and blow the MOVs or the fuse the transfer switch will still operate. You just won't have any surge protection until a new board with MOVs arrives. However, it appears that the fuses are designed to prevent the MOV from blowing due to excessive current so it's possible that a quick fuse replacement would be all that you need. The key is "what kind of fuses does it use"?
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:36 AM   #264

Cruzer lost me on the MOV's in the previous post. Gotta love the internet. MOV is Metal Oxide Varistor. It is the component that stops a surge.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #265

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bill, thanks for all your 2017 info! A couple of questions, Did they plumb the Macorator hose any differently? I mean pumping up hill to get to the hose, always having liquid trapped and may freeze. What about the bay right before the rear axle on pass side, where the water tank is. Is there room to build some shelves to reclaim space?
Old 04-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #266

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty3509 View Post
Bill, thanks for all your 2017 info! A couple of questions, Did they plumb the Macorator hose any differently? I mean pumping up hill to get to the hose, always having liquid trapped and may freeze. What about the bay right before the rear axle on pass side, where the water tank is. Is there room to build some shelves to reclaim space?
Mark gets the credit for all the 2017 info posted. I'm not that familiar with the 2016s but I think the macerator is configured the same way in the 2017. The macerator hose is definitely higher than the macerator itself so it's pumping uphill.

The water tank compartment does not have room for shelving.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium