Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2020, 07:10 PM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
2017 Entegra Insignia Purchase

Hello, I am considering purchasing a slightly used Entegra Insiginia 44B. The rig has 5,017 miles on it any only about 43 hours on the gen. The couple who purchase the rig had a huge change of life. I am asking all the Entegra owners to share the good bad and ugly with me. I would like to get some perspective from owners of this type of rig? Thank you in advance for your help Brad
LATigers2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2020, 12:54 AM   #2

I have a 2017 Insignia (44W). The good news is that the rig does not have all the bells and whistles of the higher priced rigs, so less to go wrong. The bad news is that it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the higher priced rigs, so less conveniences.
There are trade-offs, so it depends on what is important to you. I don't need automatic shades, or Vega touch. I don't need a built in GPS screen. I don't need independent front suspension as my rig rides great. However I would have liked a bigger axel and bigger tires. But I get along fine with what I have. I also like that I have propane aqua hot as there is no maintenance required but it is another "gas" that you'll have to fill. I'd like to have the ceiling fan in the bedroom but instead I just turn on a box fan. I don't have any fancy ceiling treatment in the living area but I like the clean look that never goes out of style.
There is a lot to like on the Insignia and I get a lot of compliments. If you have any specific questions, just ask.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 08:39 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Our Aspire has a few moor bells & whistles but not a lot. I like the IFS and diesel Aqua-hot but they wouldn't be deal breakers for us. I'm sure it will be nicer than anything you owned before and ride better and quitter too!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 09:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LATigers2019 View Post
Hello, I am considering purchasing a slightly used Entegra Insiginia 44B. The rig has 5,017 miles on it any only about 43 hours on the gen. The couple who purchase the rig had a huge change of life. I am asking all the Entegra owners to share the good bad and ugly with me. I would like to get some perspective from owners of this type of rig? Thank you in advance for your help Brad

The insignia still has the K2 frame and 450 cummins with the side radiator. True it doesn't have the bells and whistles but my 2015 aspire doesn't either and I get a long just fine. A lot of coach for the money if you buy it right
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 05:28 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We have a ‘17 Insignia 44W and as others mentioned it doesn’t have the bells and whistles of the higher models. That can save a lot of hassle with issue, but comes as cost of convenience. Coach doesnt come with a dishwasher, but I added one and it was a very easy project. The propane Aqua-Hot is another area with pro’s and con’s. Pro is the annual Mx is very little...major con is a different type of “fuel” needed. Pending where and how you use the coach that could be an issue. We full time and when we were in CO and the temps were down to 9F at night, we used the extend a stay propane to use a 30lb and 20lb external propane bottle which those 2 would last about 10-14 days. The Goodyear GS670 tires are my biggest complaint. I tried everything to get a better ride from the front end before I bit the bullet and purchased new Michelin steer tires. Best $1800 I could have spent. Coach drives great now. The independent front suspension would be nice with the higher axle rating, but for us isn’t a HAVE to have.

If you have specific questions, please let me know and I will do my best to answer any of them.
Old 11-30-2020, 06:10 PM   #6

My first Entegra was an Insignia 44B. We loved it, and as many have stated, it's an entry level luxury coach. That said, it got us to the same places that out 18 Anthem did with a few less bells and whistles. But buyer beware, buying Entegras is addicting... and well worth the risks
That is all
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra, purchase