Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2019, 09:23 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2017 Insignia 44B

Well just trying to get your thoughts on this. On my way to Florida I experienced in my last two hours of my trip my ABS Alarm started to sound and then it said check engine and then it said check transmission. Yup Im on I-4 which really should be called Daytona 500 the way the road zig zags and shoots you through all the construction but I made it to say the least. Anyway long story short I called a Cummins dealer in Orlando. A service tech Greg responded from North Orange Blossom Trail and tried to plug it in and clear all the fault codes. He really couldn't find what the problem was but did clear the alarms and downloaded new updates. Very nice guy and great service BUT my return trip home I had to listen to alarms for fifteen hours which really sucked!!! God I love this coach but I really shouldn't be having issues with this two year old coach. My question is has anyone else had any problems like this? All my fluids are good, I just turned 17,000 miles so this coach doesn't sit. I have an appointment for the 23rd in New Jersey at a Cummins dealer but was just wondering if anyone else experienced anything like this. Very frustrating!!! Thanks for any input
Slambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2019, 09:53 AM   #2

That combination of lights is usually a wheel speed sensor. The ABS, engine PCM, and of course the transmission all rely on vehicle speed to do their job.

Anything that sets a check engine should also set a hard fault code in the engine PCM....
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:22 PM   #3

FYI, most CELs, Alerts, and Warnings can be reset by pressing the right arrow button on the dash display, or the remote switch by your side panel.

Sounds like an intermittent sensor issue possibly. Did the tech in Orlando wiggle the Wheel Speed wires around, and maybe spray some water?

I’d also suggest disconnecting and reconnecting any available harness connections. Apply a small amount of dielectric grease and reassemble.

What does Spartan say?

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:34 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I used the arrows about a hundred times to turn off alarms,but they would only stop for about a min and turn back on. He did go under and look for loose wires but stated he couldn't find anything. Im hoping on the 23rd Campbell freight will find the problem and take care of it.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
So the problem they found was a connector in the rear engine compartment was filled with water. When they took the connector off water came out of it causing my alarms to go off. So the new connector is covered with a plastic wrap so this doesn't happen again. (fingers crossed). I have taken two short trips and no problems. Heading to Flagler Florida in April that will be the big test. I don't have any pics of connector but I will try to get one.