Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2022, 09:35 AM   #1
Cfm

2018 Anthem cracked tile

has anyone replaced the porcelain tile and if so how did you remove it without hurting floor heating system
Cfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2022, 09:52 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I had several cracked tiles replaced during my 2 year warranty service by the service folks at Entegra in Middlebury. They did a fantastic job. I didn't have an opportunity to observe the process, however, having taken the factory tour gave me an opportunity to see the floor construction process.

The floor heating system is, to the best of my recollection, installed under the wood subfloor on which the tile is installed. Unless you penetrate the wood subfloor under the tile, your floor heating isn't at risk.

Take care,
Stu
Old 10-05-2022, 10:11 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Broken tiles

ive had 3 or 4 replaced on the half bath front door transom area
I talked to Nancy I think it is at Entegra and she told me I dropped something which I didn't. I had NIRVC replaced that area 2 times. I must be clumsy
I keep dropping in in the same spot. Same tile area.
NIRVC fixed the same area. 2 times and did a perfect job
first time under warranty second time my cost my tile.
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:54 AM   #4

NIRVC does the tiles all the time. The floor heating is tubing under the subfloor. You just have to be aware to remove all of the thinset under the tile.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 09:44 AM   #5

Not long ago, I replaced 4 tiles in my 2017 Aspire. I as in myself.

It was much easier than expected. I used a small 4" electric dry saw with a diamond blade to cut the grout out between the offending tiles, then inserted a putty knife with the end bent over and just popped them off. Most of the glue had long since failed, they came right off.

The new tiles in are in my a secret compartment under the bed, right-hand side, under a removable carpeted panel.

I used normal floor tile mastic and matched the grout as best I could.

Finished product is way better than broken tiles that move when you walk on them.

Sent from my moto z3 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 11:39 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
NIRVC. tile replacement cost

U just saved your self $1582. the replace one of mine earlier this year
good job and I furnished the title., seems a bit heavy to me but I can't do it so
whatever
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 07:17 PM   #7

Took my 2015 to Middlebury last December and had Entegra replace the cracked tiles. Was not that expensive. Had new slide seals installed while I was there, and the slides mechanisms tuned up. Worth the trip from Texas to Indiana
TomTex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tile, crack, anthem