Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2016, 12:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
I can't find the floor plan for the 36Y, know it was posted in here somewhere.

Basically its a DEQ in the Cornerstone, but Cory told me it was shorter than the 45' models. He might have been confused, I don't know.
The drawing says 36X and the file name for the pdf is 45X but its really the Cornerstone 45Y model.

The link to the drawing is on post #20 of the thread below.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/the-...an-300769.html

Its got a little variation in the bath from the Anthem DEQ.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2016, 01:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
The drawing says 36X and the file name for the pdf is 45X but its really the Cornerstone 45Y model.

The link to the drawing is on post #20 of the thread below.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/the-...an-300769.html

Its got a little variation in the bath from the Anthem DEQ.
Thats it, thank you.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
And all Cornerstones are 45 ft.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:12 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
And all Cornerstones are 45 ft.
Understand that, but Cody told me on the tour that the 36Y was not 45'. That's all I got, no confirmation or anything else
Old 12-28-2016, 07:33 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Let me add a few observations.

The Allison 3000 is limited to 1250 lb-ft of torque. This limits its use to the ISL9. If you want to go with a larger engine you have to go with the much more expensive Allison 4000. Newmar's Mountain Aire now does that and uses the ISX11.9 engine with 500 HP and an extra 400 lb-ft of torque. That's a nice idea the price jumps up considerably and Mountain Aires are not selling that well. Most buyers save money and go with the Dutch Star or else spend a little more and go for the London Aire. If Entegra moved the Anthem to that chassis it would undoubtedly suffer the same slump in sales.

I do know that Tadd wanted to get into some shorter coaches, especially to get better entrenched in the California market but I doubt the new 36Y is to fill that area. Entegra does use internal floorplan numbers. that may confuse some people. For example, the 45B Cornerstone has the 36B internal designation. The 36 says it's a CS and the B is the floorplan. A 44B on an Anthem would be 34B, etc. So the internal designation says nothing about the length of the coach. A 36Y wont' be 36' long but it may be a 42' coach. We won't know until we see the final engineering drawing (or I call Rick ).

The Cornerstone is getting an interior remodeling this year. It's the end of its life cycle and according to Pat Carroll it really looks sharp. As long as it isn't over the top with glitz it should be fine.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #20

Thanks Cruzer, that makes much more sense now.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:52 AM   #21

Mark I certainly defer to you being much more RV business savvy but it seems Entegra must do something to more distinguish the Anthem/Aspire models.
I totally understand Entegra not wanting to overprice the Anthem but it seems to me they possibly lost sales with the upgrade of the Aspire. In a discussion I had in late October while in Middlebury there were several hints that 2018 Anthems were in for some kind of an upgrade to distinguish from tha Aspire. Three models have the 450 so it would seem potentially a 500 would at least be in the thought process !

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:05 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Mark I certainly defer to you being much more RV business savvy but it seems Entegra must do something to more distinguish the Anthem/Aspire models.
I totally understand Entegra not wanting to overprice the Anthem but it seems to me they possibly lost sales with the upgrade of the Aspire. In a discussion I had in late October while in Middlebury there were several hints that 2018 Anthems were in for some kind of an upgrade to distinguish from tha Aspire. Three models have the 450 so it would seem potentially a 500 would at least be in the thought process !
and or tag steer. Newmar's Dutchstar has it at ~ the same price point. Heck, even Ventana's have it. Entegra needs to get with the program
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:36 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
The fact that the new Aspire and Anthem are so close together does create a marketing problem. Ideally you want to have well defined steps between the various models and by pushing the Aspire up to the level it is now at the difference between the Aspire and Anthem wasn't as great as it once was.

Doing a 500 HP coach would definitely create that but once you put a pencil to paper and calculate the cost to upgrade the chassis the math doesn't come out so well. If Entegra does go this way I predict that the Anthem sales will drop quite a bit while the Aspire sales will take the bulk of the business. I can't speak for the mindset at Entegra (especially lately ) but if it was me I wouldn't do that. They could just drop a 600 HP into it, similar to what Tiffin did recently with the Allegro Bus. You don't get much of a return at resale time because its still just a Bus but they are selling a few of them. Then the quandary becomes what to do to the Cornerstone to differentiate it from the new 600 HP Anthem. Newmar has the London Aire and the higher end King Aire but the King Aire doesn't sell it huge numbers because most won't go for the larger price. Right now the Cornerstone is the sweet spot of 600 HP coaches in the marketplace so I wouldn't mess with that.

Personally, I'd leave the chassis and engines as they are and try to find another way to differentiate between coaches. I would have left the Aspire as it was and made it more on par with the hot selling Phaeton, then brought in the Insignia at the Allegro RED price point. Incidentally the RED may overtake the Phaeton for #1 selling diesel pusher this year. Considering how successful Tiffin is at hitting those market spots (let's ignore the Zephyr ) I would pattern Entegra's offerings to hit those price points with better products. Then again, I don't have to make these kind of decisions. I just review them after the coaches are made.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:39 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
and or tag steer. Newmar's Dutchstar has it at ~ the same price point. Heck, even Ventana's have it. Entegra needs to get with the program
Not all agree with that. Some would prefer a complete self contained coach washing system. I have been driving diesel pushers for 14 years and have yet to have a need for a steerable tag. JMO. Other users needs may differ.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:48 PM   #25

what Chuck said, looking for problems with tag steer..
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
what Chuck said, looking for problems with tag steer..
Perhaps. Just a thought
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Not all agree with that. Some would prefer a complete self contained coach washing system. I have been driving diesel pushers for 14 years and have yet to have a need for a steerable tag. JMO. Other users needs may differ.
And some of us would prefer a complete coach self-washing system Now THAT would be an upgrade!
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
And some of us would prefer a complete coach self-washing system Now THAT would be an upgrade!
Ditto ditto ditto. Something really useful and different instead of a "me-too" catch-up feature that is potentially more trouble that it is worth..
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote