Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2016, 09:22 AM   #1

2018 changes or rumors?

Wondering if anyone has heard of anything new coming down the pike?

When we were on our tour I asked about future floor plans and the only one he mentioned was the Cornerstone 36Y. I've seen this floor plan posted here and it looks great. The downside is he said it was a shorter wheel base. Not a fan of shorter myself.

I can't imagine any huge changes but as was mentioned in another thread with the head designer being let go maybe we can look forward to some floor plan updates.

Thoughts?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2016, 09:53 AM   #2

We heard a rumor about the 18's having more "booth" options available in some of the floor-plans that traditionally only had the dinette option. Second thing we heard of was possibly a new dash design. That one got a response of "I can't confirm or deny"..lol We shall see..! I would think the 18's will be on the production floor by early February? Still some time to add some new floor plans and layouts, but not much.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 11:52 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
There will be a Cornerstone 45Y and a 45X. Both single bath. Nowabeachbum is the owner of the Y prototype. I have heard, but don't know for a fact, that the X will be debuted at the Tampa show. I saw the X prototype at the factory in October, but I understand that there have been some changes since then. As many of you know, I have been for a single bath DEQish Cornerstone for years. It took a while, but it may have happened.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 04:37 PM   #4

As a current owner I certainly look forward to Entegra coming up with some new floor plans.. I have the 44b plan which I feel is the nicest overall layout... but as time goes on I will want to change for fun... at this point I would only have the plan I have and none of there others and would not want to have the exact same on my next Entegra... and yes it will be a Entegra... I have Been baited a time or 2 by other brands and all I gotta do is tap on the side skin and drive it and then I know I won't ever be able to beat Entegra. ( well maybe a newer Newell if I win the lottery)😀
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 04:55 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
Wondering if anyone has heard of anything new coming down the pike?

When we were on our tour I asked about future floor plans and the only one he mentioned was the Cornerstone 36Y. I've seen this floor plan posted here and it looks great. The downside is he said it was a shorter wheel base. Not a fan of shorter myself.

I can't imagine any huge changes but as was mentioned in another thread with the head designer being let go maybe we can look forward to some floor plan updates.

Thoughts?
Where can I view the Cornerstone 36Y floor plan and is this new for 2018?

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:35 PM   #6

It was posted in this forum not long ago. I'll see if I can find the thread.
Old 12-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #7

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Haven't heard of a shorter Cornerstone. Doubt they're making one, but if they are, you'll get it confirmed here.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2017 Anthem DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:49 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
My guesses on the 18 Anthem

First, this is absolutely my personal guess on the Anthem for 2018. It would be interesting to see what others are thinking as well.

New paint schemes, probably will see the end of the Firestorm / Victory Blue schemes.

500 HP, not sure what tranny will be, but don't think they will use the Alison 4000.

Passive Tag on the Anthem

VegaTouch will stay, but critical systems will now have overrides outside of the Vega platform ( I really believe that this is a given and it would be so Tadd like to offer this to the 17 owners.

Revision to the GPS location to abate the heat problem on the RM, another given considering all of the problems with the 17's nav system.

Upgrade of the 315's on the FA to 365's and move to 19K weight loading on the FA. (While not a given in my mind, this is, along with the passive Tag, going to be a critical sales point against the Newmar DSDP).

Again, my personal assumptions based on Entegra's need to differentiate the Anthem from the 2017 Aspire and Newmar DS. Not sure how this will effect the existing inventory of the 17 Anthems sitting on dealers lots, but would anticipate that these will be offered at deeper discounts once the 18 specs are out.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
First, this is absolutely my personal guess on the Anthem for 2018. It would be interesting to see what others are thinking as well.

New paint schemes, probably will see the end of the Firestorm / Victory Blue schemes.

500 HP, not sure what tranny will be, but don't think they will use the Alison 4000. According to Spartan Website 500hp requires Allison 4000.

Passive Tag on the Anthem As discussed previously on this form there is a cost vs benefit issue with passive tags.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/tag-steer-321170.html

VegaTouch will stay, but critical systems will now have overrides outside of the Vega platform ( I really believe that this is a given and it would be so Tadd like to offer this to the 17 owners.

Revision to the GPS location to abate the heat problem on the RM, another given considering all of the problems with the 17's nav system.

Upgrade of the 315's on the FA to 365's and move to 19K weight loading on the FA. (While not a given in my mind, this is, along with the passive Tag, going to be a critical sales point against the Newmar DSDP). This would also require a change in the front axle from a Reyco Granning IFS1700 to a Reyco Granning IFS2000. Does anyone have issues with 17,000 lbs front axle loading?

Again, my personal assumptions based on Entegra's need to differentiate the Anthem from the 2017 Aspire and Newmar DS. Not sure how this will effect the existing inventory of the 17 Anthems sitting on dealers lots, but would anticipate that these will be offered at deeper discounts once the 18 specs are out.
There are 36 differences between the Aspire & Anthem.

I don't think adding $25,000 to $30,000 to the price to keep up with another brand is prudent considering the benefit of those additions.

JMHO
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:47 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post

500 HP, not sure what tranny will be, but don't think they will use the Alison 4000.

Passive Tag on the Anthem

Upgrade of the 315's on the FA to 365's and move to 19K weight loading on the FA. (While not a given in my mind, this is, along with the passive Tag, going to be a critical sales point against the Newmar DSDP).

Interesting suppositions about engine/transmission possibilities. Not much argument that the current weigh of mid level coaches is taxing the capabilities of the ISL/3000 combo. The two engine possibilities are the 13 liter ISX and the equivalent Detroit Diesel. What would they use for a transmission though? The Allison 4000 is the overwhelming favorite for that power level.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:49 AM   #11

I can't find the floor plan for the 36Y, know it was posted in here somewhere.

Basically its a DEQ in the Cornerstone, but Cory told me it was shorter than the 45' models. He might have been confused, I don't know.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:51 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyOutlaw View Post
I can't find the floor plan for the 36Y, know it was posted in here somewhere.

Basically its a DEQ in the Cornerstone, but Cory told me it was shorter than the 45' models. He might have been confused, I don't know.

What's a DEQ?

Sammie
Old 12-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
What's a DEQ?

Sammie
A model designation. Check the Entegra website to see the floorplan.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:10 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
OK thanks. So basically a DEQ is a Anthem 42 DEQ and NOT a Cornerstone DEQ. I guess I need to go to a dealer to narrow my choice.

Sammie