Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2017, 04:32 PM   #1

2018 Cornerstone 45A or 45W w/2 sofas

We haven't decided to buy yet but we definitely need the 2 sofa option so our grand kids (they live with us) can be seated and belted in. The plans seem to be mirror images of each other. I'm leaning towards the A as the table and chairs are on the passenger side and the bed is oriented so my side (the right) is towards the front of the coach. After 45 years DW is not inclined to change sides.

I'm looking for pros and cons from 2017 Cornerstone owners who actually own and use either of these floor plans. Pam noticed the pantry appears bigger on the W. Any other differences from those who have made a similar comparison.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Just my opinion of the floor plans is the large slide on the patio side with the A. I am into the basement a lot so I prefer the smaller slide on the patio side. Just the way I use a MH.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:19 PM   #3

We just ordered an "A" with the desk as that suits our lifestyle. We like the dining on the passenger/patio side; makes more sense to us. Now the wait!

The pantry is considerably larger on the "W". Study them closely as you only get one shot at this. Good luck.
WeekendRVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 05:32 PM   #4

I've owned one of each and I agree with Chuck, the big slide on the passenger side is a big pita. Also with the dinette on the passenger side you're looking at your neighbors sewer hookup, you can't see your hookup with dinette on ds.
The mid bath in the 45W is larger, layed out differently and has much more storage.
We now have the 45W with the desk and no way would we go back to the 45A.
The 45W also doesn't have the short wall at the entrance to bedroom so it looks like you have a full wall slide on drivers side.
Airforcevet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:07 PM   #5

Amazing how people see things differently. I can see all your points but I'd rather not see my neighbors while dining. That's why there are so many different models. Everything is a trade-off, everything.
WeekendRVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendRVers View Post
Amazing how people see things differently. I can see all your points but I'd rather not see my neighbors while dining. That's why there are so many different models. Everything is a trade-off, everything.
Yep, everyone has their opinions. Just giving the op my honest opinion from owning both.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:24 PM   #7

Airforcevet or others: Is there any problem accessing the mid coach bath or the refrigerator with the slides closed going down the road?

Thanks for the well thought out replies thus far.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Airforcevet or others: Is there any problem accessing the mid coach bath or the refrigerator with the slides closed going down the road?

Thanks for the well thought out replies thus far.
As far as the mid bath there is a stop on bottom of bathroom door, if set correctly I'd say anyone under 300lbs. wouldn't have a problem over that kinda tight. Frig. door no problem.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:56 PM   #9

Well, after first thinking strongly about an A I think the W will better serve our needs. Larger pantry and larger mid bath were the deciding factors. Perhaps we can keep the girls out of our bathroom as they always complained their bath in the Anthem was too small to change clothes in.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:31 PM   #10

You won't be disappointed.
One other thing unless you just have to have two sofas the desk/entertainment center is really versatile and useful. I don't know how many grandchildren you have, but you can strap three in the sofa.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #11

Appreciate the thought, but we have 15 year old twins, a boy and a girl, and a 12 year old girl. Lets just say they don't play well together. We went from a Yukon to a Suburban with rear buckets just to give them their own space. All 3 of them on the same couch is a recipe for disaster. It's a major chore just convincing the girls to share the queen sleeper sofa.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Appreciate the thought, but we have 15 year old twins, a boy and a girl, and a 12 year old girl. Lets just say they don't play well together. We went from a Yukon to a Suburban with rear buckets just to give them their own space. All 3 of them on the same couch is a recipe for disaster. It's a major chore just convincing the girls to share the queen sleeper sofa.
Understood!😅