Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2020, 03:02 PM   #1

2018 Enterga 44W

I would like to replace the drain plug on my Onan 10K QD with an ez oil drain valve.

everything keeps wanting a 'thread pitch'. Onan says that. they also say its a Kubota engine. The Kubota part number for the drain plug is 15707-3375-0.

If it helps the outside hex nut is 22mm. Has anyone done this? is there and EZ oil drain valve part number? NAPA was no help, nor was EZ oil drain in Seattle.

Ken

2018 Entegra Aspire 44W .
Ken Sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2020, 04:14 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Follow the post for the the answer. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/has...kw-210635.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:38 PM   #3

EZ Drain Valve

Thanks BroBox. That didnt solve my issue. I was trying to find the drainvalve that fit my specific Onan. What a struggle. Everyone wanted a 'thread size'. That was no where to be found. Not Cummins, Not Onan, not EZ Oil Drain. Nothing. Even with ser# and model#. Nothing. I did discover through EZ oil Drain that there were several plugs that would fit if we could get the thread size. All the plugs were referenced by size (no help) or engine model #.Finally, I reached out to Kubota who makes the engine. Gave them the ser# and model # and they were able to give me the engine model#. Mine is a D722 and that is an EZ Oil Drain Plug EZ-7B. Whew, that took 9 days of emailing and waiting for responses. Should not have been that complicated.

Anyway, NAPA now carries the EZ Oil Drain Plug. Ill change it next week. Lets hope the last guy who changed it was not a Gorilla. Ive been down that road too.

Reason why, where we get our annual LOF in Tolleson AZ at Spartan the cost is very expensive. Onan 10K oil change. New filter, 6 quarts of oil $179. Nothing else. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

Old 06-19-2020, 02:51 PM   #4

Ken

At a shop labor rate that is typically $180 - $225 an hour, the price that you were quoted is not too bad (including the filters, labor, and oil). Of course, as you are finding, its also a brain-dead easy DIY job also.

Thanks for the information.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:07 PM   #5

EZ Drain Valve

Exactly. just need to resolve the plug issue. that will be done. Half hour and $25 in parts its done. I have used Speedco in the past. Think its $85 for genny service. oil filter, oil and if you bring the fuel filter they will do that too.

Ken

Old 06-19-2020, 03:55 PM   #6

Oil Drain Plug System

Ken,

Go to this web site femco.com

Work through what products they have to offer for your Cummins and Onan.

I have their system on both engines and highly recommend it.
The standard drain set gives you the plug, dust cover and drain hose.

Watch the video and see how simple and mess free it makes changing your oil.

Fair winds and downhill grades.
Balladeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:18 AM   #7

EZ Drain Valve

Took a while but mission accomplished. Took an email to Kubota to determine the engine model number. Mine is a D772. That worked with the EZ 7B. A note on that. The EZ 7B comes in two sizes, 22mm and 30mm. mine is the 22. carried at a local NAPA for $30 and a bit of tax.

Ken

Old 06-24-2020, 06:28 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sair View Post
Thanks BroBox. That didnt solve my issue. I was trying to find the drainvalve that fit my specific Onan. What a struggle. Everyone wanted a 'thread size'. That was no where to be found. Not Cummins, Not Onan, not EZ Oil Drain. Nothing. Even with ser# and model#. Nothing. I did discover through EZ oil Drain that there were several plugs that would fit if we could get the thread size. All the plugs were referenced by size (no help) or engine model #.Finally, I reached out to Kubota who makes the engine. Gave them the ser# and model # and they were able to give me the engine model#. Mine is a D722 and that is an EZ Oil Drain Plug EZ-7B. Whew, that took 9 days of emailing and waiting for responses. Should not have been that complicated.

Anyway, NAPA now carries the EZ Oil Drain Plug. Ill change it next week. Lets hope the last guy who changed it was not a Gorilla. Ive been down that road too.

Reason why, where we get our annual LOF in Tolleson AZ at Spartan the cost is very expensive. Onan 10K oil change. New filter, 6 quarts of oil $179. Nothing else. OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

As stated follow the post for the answers, all the part numbers, sizes, Kabota engine numbers etc were there. More post after this one with additional information. https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/has...ml#post2131838
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote