Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
2018 Living Room Surround Sound

I finally read the Bose books included with my coach and still can’t figure out how to adjust the balance of the living room surround sound. Does anyone have any insight?
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #2

Vance, I can’t help you other than to report that the first thing I adjusted was the 30 pound Bose subwoofer. (Yep, I weighed it.)

I adjusted it from a cabinet underneath the dinette where it was sitting on some metal framework not secured to anything, to a storage closet inside our house. Unless I’m able to find a better place for it in the motorhome it’ll probably stay in the closet until we sell or trade the coach.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
Vance, I can’t help you other than to report that the first thing I adjusted was the 30 pound Bose subwoofer. (Yep, I weighed it.)

I adjusted it from a cabinet underneath the dinette where it was sitting on some metal framework not secured to anything, to a storage closet inside our house. Unless I’m able to find a better place for it in the motorhome it’ll probably stay in the closet until we sell or trade the coach.
I have a 2015 b . I am (still planning)going to put our sub woofer under the tv,behind the fire place.I just need to get around to it.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:40 PM   #4

You have it get the Bose app for your sound bar. Add it’s minor adjusting you can do. There was an update they released for the bose system and no way to increase the bass. Waiting on new version for it to be released. Yea it sucks.
Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
I have a 2015 b . I am (still planning)going to put our sub woofer under the tv,behind the fire place.I just need to get around to it.
When I realized how big & heavy it is, I thought about putting it IN the fireplace, but then I realized the flames aren't real.

But your thought triggered an idea - maybe I'll put it in the basement storage compartment just behind the driver's side front wheel! I'm sure our campground neighbors would love it...
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #6

The sub woofer in my 18 Anthem W is under the bed.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:19 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
The sub woofer in my 18 Anthem W is under the bed.

Mine is under the bed also, unplugged now.

Thanks for the info on the app. I got one but it seems to be for the subwoofer only. I’ll go search again.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:37 AM   #8

The bulk adjustment is first done using their ADAPTiQ calibration process. You plug the headset microphone into the back of the soundbar, initiate the process with the remote, and put it on your head and sit in five different spots in the room you choose while it figures out an average balance. That makes a huge difference, the factory default balance was terrible for that small room, really boomy. After that, you can fine tune the bass level to your preference with the remote, you can go plus or minus four steps, it indicates what level you are at using the lights on the soundbar.

The app let's you stream music and such, but isn't necessary for setup, can all be done with the remote.
drwaynesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:12 AM   #9

Should add, on our 45Y the subwoofer is in the main room under the dinette table. Am guessing it has to go under the bed with booth seats. Don’t know if it could ever sound very good with the sub in the back room.
drwaynesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:32 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
I did the AdaptIQ setup today. I moved the subwoofer next to the driver seat, need to find a better, long term solution. I was impressed with the sounds coming out during the test but not so much after. Have yet to hear the speakers behind the couch which may be the channel selection, network and HBO (Rain Man). A 1988 Movie may not have the right output though it does make the SW woof a little. We will watch a Netflix movie later and see if it has the right kind of sound output.

I had to call CS to find out how to get the sound bar out, no visible screws. They confirmed it is held in place by very tough Velcro. They also confirmed they pair the speakers but do not do a setup so if you haven’t run AdaptIQ yet you may want to.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:19 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
We put ours behind the fireplace and super happy with the performance.
JamieShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:46 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieShannon View Post
We put ours behind the fireplace and super happy with the performance.

It won’t fit behind our fireplace.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:54 PM   #13

what is needed for adaptIQ..is the headset in the manual bag?
jeffnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:13 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
2018 Living Room Surround Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnjen View Post
what is needed for adaptIQ..is the headset in the manual bag?

Yes. And limited instructions. Try this YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/KSUHWdVdwEw