Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2019, 08:13 AM   #1

2019 Anthem Blind Spot Indicators

I have a 2019 Anthem. Since delivery, the blind spot warning system has been hyper sensitive. It is now constantly active regardless of the surroundings and I have removed the fuse to avoid continuous alarms.

Both Entegra CS and the system manufacturer have assured me that there is no turning adjustment that can be made. Has anyone else had this experience?
Sdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2019, 04:05 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
could be water in the sensors - our 2018 has to have them replaced at some point
mike625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:20 PM   #3

It's a known, common issue. The sensor gets wet and shorts out causing both indicators to blink simultaneously. It's covered under warranty
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 06:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdicken View Post
I have a 2019 Anthem. Since delivery, the blind spot warning system has been hyper sensitive. It is now constantly active regardless of the surroundings and I have removed the fuse to avoid continuous alarms.

Both Entegra CS and the system manufacturer have assured me that there is no turning adjustment that can be made. Has anyone else had this experience?
Yes, ours is currently in the shop for this reason. The tech noticed that the triangular icons in the side mirrors were flashing a fault. Fault does not show up anywhere else except on the side mirrors.
Tech said it has nothing to do with the latest recall to reseal the sensors.
We'll see in a few days.
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:57 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdicken View Post

I have a recall on mine to seal because of water might get in them. It never rains is So Cal so im waiting till next trip to the dealer
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:54 AM   #6

The system is just not very helpful. I have learned to ignore mine.... as my bottom wide angle convex mirror is much more reliable in telling me information that is accurate and useful....

The information you get from the blind spot monitor, even when working, is minimally useful.

Depend on your mirrors

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:36 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Its probably water in the sensors. We've had two failures in 2 years, and both times it was water in a sensor. There's a recall to reseal the sensors so hopefully that will keep them working
zcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
The system is just not very helpful. I have learned to ignore mine.... as my bottom wide angle convex mirror is much more reliable in telling me information that is accurate and useful....

The information you get from the blind spot monitor, even when working, is minimally useful.

Depend on your mirrors

Gary
I agree X2
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 09:11 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If I remember there was a recall notice on the the senors about collecting water . There might be others that would know for sure or contact Entegra.
burt_hacker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, cat