Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2021, 09:46 AM   #1

2019 Cornerstone not starting

2019 Cornerstone. With foot on brake, and pushing the start button the green ring flashes twice and nothing happens. Dash stays dark.

Checked batteries. Both were 13.+ voltage did not drop when trying to start. Tried the battery boost.

Went and shut off all batteries and master switch, Pulled fuse # 10 (key ignition) waited a while and tried again. Same result.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2021, 10:08 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Change the battery in the remote. They are known for going bad. Also keep the key remote away from the dash, as it keeps trying to communicate with the starter. I've already had to change the batteries in my remote twice.
mbrooking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #3

After trying the reboot again, now the ring is flashing 3 times with nothing. Tried to also holding down the low/no air button (left side of steering column under dash) while trying to start. NO go.

UPdate Spartan called had us do everything we tried. The tech thinks it is the trimark box that is deep in the dash on the passenger side. In looking at the trimark box that looks like it has wires coming from all sides found one connector with a wire not in the plug. In looking at the plug there are two places it could go. Trying to get wire diagram to see if it goes somewhere.
Old 09-12-2021, 10:48 AM   #4
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
After trying the reboot again, now the ring is flashing 3 times with nothing. Tried to also holding down the low/no air button (left side of steering column under dash) while trying to start. NO go.

UPdate Spartan called had us do everything we tried. The tech thinks it is the trimark box that is deep in the dash on the passenger side. In looking at the trimark box that looks like it has wires coming from all sides found one connector with a wire not in the plug. In looking at the plug there are two places it could go. Trying to get wire diagram to see if it goes somewhere.

Are you out on the road stuck? If so give me a call, I might be able to at least get you to your destination. 404-314-9996
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
Service Manager 404-314-9996
Justin Townley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:55 AM   #5
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Townley View Post
Are you out on the road stuck? If so give me a call, I might be able to at least get you to your destination. 404-314-9996

When this happens I have been able to start the coach, I just donít want to post a way to start motorhomes without a key . I have one we finished this week with the same problem and I was able to jump it out to move it around the lot.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
Service Manager 404-314-9996
Justin Townley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 02:39 PM   #6

With Justin's help we have done all tests and have determined the Trimark box P# 37843-01 is bad. Will be waiting until Tuesday to get new box and install

Justin, Thanks for taking time from your Sunday to talk us through a lot of the systems. I am now almost an expert on this stuff.

The good part is we are an an RV park and not sitting at some gas station or any of the other places we decided to stop.

Got some questions for Entregra as to where the switch might be for reprograming the fob and what or why some wires are loose but they do not seen to have anything to do with the starting of the coach.
Old 09-12-2021, 02:52 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Is it just me or does anyone else think a fob instead of a key is stupid! Dead simple, put the key in, turn and it starts! In my car ok, I can deal with a well sorted out key fob but in the coach, it just adds another thing to fail without any real advantage!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 03:02 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post

Got some questions for Entregra as to where the switch might be for reprograming the fob and what or why some wires are loose but they do not seen to have anything to do with the starting of the coach.
Here's a link to the "Entrance Door Manual" from the Entegra Coach website that describes the process to program the Trimark components: https://www.entegracoach.com/uploads...r%20Manual.pdf

Take care,
Stu
Old 09-12-2021, 06:37 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Not starting

I had the same problem with my aspire 2020 the fob battery needed replaced I had reprogramed fob two or three times ended up being battery in fob good luck!
toad Pruis V 2017
mcjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjake View Post
I had the same problem with my aspire 2020 the fob battery needed replaced I had reprogramed fob two or three times ended up being battery in fob good luck!
Did your keyfob still work the door locks but not start the engine?

We installed new battery in keyfob, reprogramed it, door/cabinet locks work perfect with keyfob, just get 3 green flashes when trying to start.
Old 09-12-2021, 09:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else think a fob instead of a key is stupid! Dead simple, put the key in, turn and it starts! In my car ok, I can deal with a well sorted out key fob but in the coach, it just adds another thing to fail without any real advantage!

Yep I agree! Reliability is questionable but plenty of glitz and glitter.
Old 09-13-2021, 04:21 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
I agree, same as DWs car, to bulky and heavy to carry in a pocket, requires battery changes constantly. My 16 pickup, small fob with a key is still on the original Chevy battery.
The second problem I had the electric button start is a technician getting anxious and quick starting the coach which shorted out the DEF head. So far I have not seen a plus for the push button start.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:56 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I simply fail to understand how a key fob is better than the real deal. Makes no sense to me.
Old 09-13-2021, 06:03 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Another value added benefit courtesy of Spartan
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not starting