Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2018, 06:28 PM   #15

I really doubt Entegra is in a rush to to change a slide mechanism that has been used since the Travel Supreme days. It is about bullet proof.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #16

Yes, but a full tile floor would look fantastic and would increase the “bigness” of the coach. I really like Newmar’s tile slide surfaces which drop down to match the rest of the floor.... very nice. IMHO

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 05:14 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Yes, but a full tile floor would look fantastic and would increase the “bigness” of the coach. I really like Newmar’s tile slide surfaces which drop down to match the rest of the floor.... very nice. IMHO

Gary
Gary

That's where we are stuck. My wife does not want carpet but the few Entegras we have seen we like everything else over the Newmsrs. We're going to visit both factories in the next month or so to see if that will help with our decision.
TGiboney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:05 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Sooooo, if the Infinity floor is not so hot, why not offer a flat floor with tile like Newmar does across all their new MHs. Especially if this is the “flagship” Cornerstone. Of course, that would require a redesign of the slide mechanism.

Just saying.....

The infinity floor was supposed to be that interim floor. Flat floors are what everyone wants but finding a reliable and affordable solution is the problem. Newmar has not yet achieved the reliability they were hoping for. And those repairs can get expensive! Entegra looked into what Newell is doing but quickly realized one reason why Newell’s are so expensive! Like many things, it will happen, but probably not real soon.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:35 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
And this would require

One of the issues to offering a flat floor with tile is that for the Anthem & Aspire Entegra may be required to up the weight carrying capacity of their front end. 17K and 315 tires may not cut it as Newmar found out in 2016 on the Dutchstar when they added the flat floor, tile and additional bracing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Sooooo, if the Infinity floor is not so hot, why not offer a flat floor with tile like Newmar does across all their new MHs. Especially if this is the “flagship” Cornerstone. Of course, that would require a redesign of the slide mechanism.

Just saying.....
Old 03-28-2018, 03:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
One of the issues to offering a flat floor with tile is that for the Anthem & Aspire Entegra may be required to up the weight carrying capacity of their front end. 17K and 315 tires may not cut it as Newmar found out in 2016 on the Dutchstar when they added the flat floor, tile and additional bracing.
Yes I remember when they upgraded the Dutchstar to 365 tires like the Cornerstone.
univmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:20 PM   #21

So I don't see a problem with carpeting but my wife still does. She thinks it will get dirty quickly and be hard to clean and a trip hazard.

Do any of you agree or disagree?
TGiboney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:22 PM   #22

We've only been living with the new flooring for a little over a week.

The Infinity flooring is obviously not even close to the full tile on the Newmars, this is one of the items that had me considering Newmar. In the end Entegra won out based on other factors.

That being said...I'm willing to give it a chance (like I have a choice at this point). I actually think I may like it better than carpet; easier to clean for sure, we'll see how it holds up.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:38 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGiboney View Post
So I don't see a problem with carpeting but my wife still does. She thinks it will get dirty quickly and be hard to clean and a trip hazard.

I don’t see how it could be a trip hazard but that may differ by floor plan.

As for getting dirty and cleaning, that depends on how you use the coach. If you have a dog that pees on it, that is a problem. Fortunately mine does not. If you have people who spill things on it, cleanup required. But in reality there is not much carpeting in any floor plan and normal caution and care is all that is required.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGiboney View Post

I had carpet in the TS for 11 years and now 4 years in the Entegra. Never tripped on it and we shampoo, even the tile once a year after our season trip. We do the same thing in our S&B.

The drawback to carpet if you have table and chairs, the chairs are a little hard to slide. The drawback to tile in the slides is the floor will be cold in in cool weather. Entegra's do not have heat in the slide floors, don't know about Newmar.

If you are speaking of the carpet in the entry, it is removable.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:04 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
We love the flat floor in our Newmar. Looks great, no uneven chairs, no stains, easy to sweep. Could never go back to an uneven floor.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:31 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertboyz View Post
We love the flat floor in our Newmar. Looks great, no uneven chairs, no stains, easy to sweep. Could never go back to an uneven floor.
Glad you offered some input. Is you slide floor cold in cold weather? This summer we were in Mi with 30 degree morning using our floor heat. I was kind of glad the slide was carpeted, but I guess throw rugs under the table would take care of that problem.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:29 AM   #27

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Glad you offered some input. Is you slide floor cold in cold weather? This summer we were in Mi with 30 degree morning using our floor heat. I was kind of glad the slide was carpeted, but I guess throw rugs under the table would take care of that problem.
Well, it so happens we keep our fluffy dog bed under the table! Our feet stay warm. We really do like the all tile floor. As a side comment, electric vs hydronic heated floors was a consideration. We've read it can take 24 hours to warm the floor with hydronic heat? I guess a plus of hydronic is if one is boondocking, but are there any positive points we don't know of? We like how fast our electric floor heats up.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:40 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
No argument the flush tile floor is nice looking. A dog bed also solves the cold floor situation. You do have to plan ahead with the hydronic heated floors. If it's forecast for 30's in the morning, it has to be set the night before to be effective.

Tags
entegra, floor, flooring