Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2022, 06:38 PM   #1

2019 Entegra Reatta Storage Tips and Advice

Good Afternoon!

My wife and I recently purchased a property where we can store our RV on the property. Itís been filled with the pink stuff but any other advice or tips is appreciated. Here is my current plan.
1) Slides retracted
2) Plugged into 20 amp shore power, invertor off, all AC breakers off (except invertor), house power turned off (switch off near entry switch).
3) Air bags for suspension inflated/deflated?
4) Fuel tank full with stabilizer
5). ???
Thanks in advance!
Jerry
glg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2022, 08:26 PM   #2
WDW

Why would you turn the inverter off ? We never do. We leave one slide out so that we can get in the back for regular inspection. Which incudes adding pink stuff to toilets and drains midd winter.

Jack up / jacks down. 1000 opinions all of which are correct. We never have had our down in storage because the building we build for the MH is dead level in the drive path (it then tapers to a 30í long drain down the middle).

We add additional PSI to tires. It can drop and be blow zero for any number of days here in WNY. And about 15 Damp Rid containers.

Both middle kitchen and toilet ceilings vents are open. When itís over 40 in the coach / building we run a large floor fan to circulate air.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 06:23 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
Why would you turn the inverter off ? We never do. We leave one slide out so that we can get in the back for regular inspection. Which incudes adding pink stuff to toilets and drains midd winter.
I also store on 20 amps with the inverters off. If there is a power outage and inverters are left on, the batteries will be drained in 12 hours. With the inverters off, the batteries will last a few days. Hopefully the outage will be discovered by then. That is where the Nebula app really comes in handy for me.
In storage there is nothing for the inverters to be on for, the refrigerator is pass through and stays on without the inverters being on.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:15 AM   #4
WDW

OK, so I might be misinformed. On our previous coach if we turn the inverters off that would not allow for the battery maintenance. Possibly Iím misinformed and that things are different with how our Entegra built coach operates.

This is only our second winter weather in storage .
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 10:24 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW View Post
OK, so I might be misinformed. On our previous coach if we turn the inverters off that would not allow for the battery maintenance. Possibly Iím misinformed and that things are different with how our Entegra built coach operates.

This is only our second winter weather in storage .
The "older" coaches were inverter charger combinations. For years the inverters and chargers have separate controls. Also want to set the chargers to draw only 5 amps. This will keep the batteries charged and only use a maximum of 5 amps on the 20 amp circuit. That leaves 15 amps for other draws such as the refrigerator as mine stays on all year.

If the newer economy class coaches are using less expensive inverter chargers, then they are not the same.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 12:32 PM   #6

Thanks All

Thanks

Not changing anything from my original post but will leave the airbags inflated.

Jerry
glg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 07:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by glg66 View Post
Thanks

Not changing anything from my original post but will leave the airbags inflated.

Jerry
You might as well dump the air as it will deflate on it's own in a few days.

Tags
advice, entegra, storage, tips