RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #1

2019 Insignia

Just bought a 2019 insignia and would like to know what needs to be done prior to delivery- safety steer- tpm system- upgrades- anything else?
Dallasdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2019, 07:44 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I don't know if there's a difference in the chassis on the Insignia vs. Aspire, but we did not install Safety Plus on our 19 because it would have required a modification (maybe to a mounting bracket...memory is shaky on the details) that was not recommended by Spartan. You might want to check further if this would impact yours. Congratulations! When do you take delivery?
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:55 PM   #3

Next week I hope- lots to learn in a short period of time
Old 11-14-2019, 07:55 PM   #4

Will enjoy getting to know youall
Old 11-14-2019, 09:06 PM   #5

Insignia has a solid front axle. Safety steer is a god idea
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:09 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Divingbiker Send a message via Yahoo to Divingbiker
Take delivery and drive it

I have 8000 miles on mine. (purchased 4 months ago) Drives and performs great. My recommendation is to take delivery and drive it before deciding to make any modifications. I had the safety Steer on my last motorhome, but do not feel the need to install it on the Entegra. The drive and steering is very solid.

The Spartan K2 chassis is a very solid platform. The 380 Cummins L9 with 1150 ft pounds of torque has offers ample power. On my last trip, (4000 miles) I averaged 8.5 MPG. (outstanding for a 41 foot coach) The ride and comfort is far superior to my last coach and MUCH more quiet.

As I'm sure you know, the Insignia model was discontinued for 2020 because of the overlap in features of the Reatta. As such, I purchased at a HUGE discount. For the price, I couldn't be happier.

Congratulations. If your experience is anything like mine, you will love your coach.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:11 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingbiker View Post
As I'm sure you know, the Insignia model was discontinued for 2020 because of the overlap in features of the Reatta.
Entegra just rebranded it from Insignia to Reatta XL.

Personally, I don't like these new names, and my Google searches keep turning up old Buicks. I would rather have the Insignia Jr. or something. But if the worst thing you can say about your MH is that it's got a silly name, I suppose things are pretty good!

Edit: Congratulations and welcome aboard!
schad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:10 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to Divingbiker Send a message via Yahoo to Divingbiker
Almost, but not the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by schad View Post
Entegra just rebranded it from Insignia to Reatta XL.
A big difference between the two (that was important to me) is the side mounted radiator on the Insignia vs the rear mounted radiator on the Reatta XL. It's an expensive difference and a feature usually found on more expensive coaches. Being able to physically get to the engine without having to remove a rear mounted radiator or go thru the interior floor was important to me.

I strongly agree with you about the name thing!

Schad, are you happy with your Reatta XL ? Do you have any regrets or have you made any modifications to your coach?
Old 11-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Schad, are you happy with your Reatta XL ? Do you have any regrets or have you made any modifications to your coach?
I have a non-XL. At the time we were shopping, the only XL/Insignia models with floorplans and options we liked were '20s and hardly discounted at all. The '19 Aspire 44Rs were only about $25k more.

I'm very happy with it. It's kind of odd to say, but Entegra did a great job of cutting corners. Where they cut corners, you can see why they did it, and it makes sense. For example, I'd love the same wall construction Entegra uses on all its other DPs, but I understand that the Spartan K1 has limits the K2 and K3 don't. And I also understand that having the K2 would make it a lot more expensive. I don't feel that Entegra is trying to upsell me, you know?

Living in the South, I wish we had a third A/C. I would say that two 15s is the absolute minimum required for a coach this size. Three 15s, or even two 15s and a 13.5, would be a lot more comfortable.

We did replace the sofa with theater seats. It's an option for our floorplan, but not one our coach had. Due to a mixup on the quote, we got a spectacular deal on them.

There are a few things that I sometimes wish we had, like AquaHot and a Girard awning. If they were options, I'd pay a couple grand for them. But the only way to get them would be to upgrade to an XL, which makes them more like a $50k upgrade, and they just aren't worth that to me. Even with all the other things that would come with that upgrade.
Old 11-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #10

Dallasdog, to address your initial question, here is my advice..

-Get a good TPMS. I have purchased 2 different systems and currently use the TST system. No complaints, and I’d buy it again. I would not suggest the Flow Thru sensors. Stick with the ordinary sensor caps, but splurge on the color monitor.

-Get a good Surge Protection device. I’ve been happy with the Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C. This is our 3rd RV with this system. It is hardwired and permanently mounted in the electric bay.

-Get a good water filter and water pressure regulator. Yes, your coach likely came with a filter system. It’s important to have a filter upstream of the pressure regulator. Don’t bother with the small brass pressure regulators. Get a decent Watts type adjustable unit. I’ve had good luck buying from RVWATERFILTERSTORE.COM

I’m not affiliated with any of the companies mentioned,

I would also suggest investing in a Coach-Net roadside service plan, if not already included for the first year on your coach.

Congratulations and good luck,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:53 PM   #11

Insignia only comes with 2 batteries. I made my purchase contingent on adding 2 more batteries, and adding a slide out tray in the first passthru bay. Thinking of adding a second tray.
While at the factory, I saw the Reatta on the line. The build quality between an Insignia and Reatta are very different. I'm very happy with my Insignia.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #12

Quote:
A big difference between the two
Yes. While in Middlebury in August, I was told the Reatta XL was actually an upgraded Embark platform/coach.

If you view the specs of each, you'll see the similarities, and also the areas that were improved/upgraded from the Embark to the ReattaXL... Thanks,

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:21 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG88 View Post
Yes. While in Middlebury in August, I was told the Reatta XL was actually an upgraded Embark platform/coach.
I suppose they would know better, but it seems more like a pared-down Aspire than an upgraded Embark/Reatta.

And, by the way, I can't explain the whole Embark/Reatta dual-models thing. I don't think it makes sense to offer a Jayco-branded DP at all, but if they're going to, it shouldn't be exactly the same as an Entegra-branded one. I just don't get it, and I suspect that most of the people at Jayco/Entegra don't get it either.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by schad View Post
I suppose they would know better, but it seems more like a pared-down Aspire than an upgraded Embark/Reatta.

And, by the way, I can't explain the whole Embark/Reatta dual-models thing. I don't think it makes sense to offer a Jayco-branded DP at all, but if they're going to, it shouldn't be exactly the same as an Entegra-branded one. I just don't get it, and I suspect that most of the people at Jayco/Entegra don't get it either.
Again, if you go to their website, you'll see there are a number of differences in both the house construction, overall outside appearance, and chassis between the Aspire and Reatta. [The info came from Don Brubaker...] Thanks,

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote