Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2018, 04:23 AM   #15

Gary, that is good to know. I like that EC will permit that small degree of latitude.

I’ll bet you’re really looking forward to your new Cornerstone.

We certainly aren’t in the market, but across all product lines I saw maybe 3-4 schemes that I could live with.

In spite of the “Angry Kid With A Marking Pen” graphics, they seem to have made quite a few tweaks to our favorite floor plan, the 44R.

A few discussions have talked about the banquet setup and the widened hallway. I also noticed they swapped the orientation of the bunks. Ours has the kids sleeping head forward and the new ones are head aft. I greatly prefer the new orientation as it is what we had previously, and generally seems to be a better arrangement overall.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #16

In the summer of 2016, when we were in evaluation mode and in the Elkhart area touring Entegra and Newmar, I stopped in at Precision Paint to pose a few questions.

The first question was, if I could convince Entegra or Newmar to build an unpainted coach, would Precision Paint or a similar company work with us to design and apply a custom paint scheme?

The answer was yes, but with a caveat. (More on the caveat below.)

The next question was what would it cost (design + paint)?

My off-the-cuff estimate was $20K plus or minus, which proved to be about right. Given what we were going to be spending for the coach itself, I was okay with that. (It's actually less than Entegra charges for their special edition "Fired Up" paint scheme, even after discounting.)

The caveat was that the guys at Precision Paint felt it was very unlikely Entegra or Newmar would agree to provide an unpainted coach, one reason being that they’d probably be worried about one of their brand new motorhomes rolling down the road with a (potentially) strange paint scheme.

I asked if allowing them to approve the design in advance would make any difference. The answer to that was maybe, but probably not. A possible concern was that we might come up with something better than what the manufacturers are currently doing and they'd be pressured to offer something similar.

Another concern was that to do the job right, Precision Paint (or any other custom painting shop) would need to get the coach at the same point in the manufacturing process that Entegra or Newmar send a normal coach to paint. As some of you know, these coaches are not otherwise complete when they go to paint. They are partially completed, enough to be drivable, but definitely not finished. They get painted, then come back for completion. To give you an idea, attached are some photos of our coach right after it came back from paint. So the question was, would either manufacturer agree to disrupt the normal flow of production scheduling to allow a partially completed coach to be sent somewhere for custom painting? Answer, probably not.

We eventually abandoned the idea, but I have to admit I’m still intrigued with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 002.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	194823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 003.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	194824  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Img 004.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	194825  
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #17

Larry, that is an interesting idea to have an unpainted coach put to your own color schemes. A couple of years ago there was a company at the Hershey Show who had a coach on display that they had painted. It was stunning with green as being one of the accent colors. Every one who saw it seemed to be wowed by the design and colors.

Like others I'm not thrilled with the new colors and I love Matt's comment about the kid with the marker. For us it won't matter as we will be with this coach for a very long time. (Or so I'm saying now!) It seems like the colors and designs have gone from subtle to in your face. Perhaps the colors and designs will grow on us....but maybe they won't.

Tags
floor