Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2019, 06:18 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Cool 2020 Anthems

We are attempting to sell our current classic 2012 Anthem and considering a new 2020 Anthem.

I have not seen any comments on the new 2020's on the forum. Just curious about to new 365 tires and the ride improvement, higher fuel fills, EZ Steer and the Valid air system...both leveling and active air adjustment.

Any first hand experiences appreciated.

Thanks!
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2019, 08:14 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
JMO if it has not been posted on the forums, usually there is not a problem. If people didn't like the items, it would be posted all over the forum.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:33 AM   #3

I agree wo\ih the OP and also Brobox.... I think they are related. But there HAS been a noticeable lack of information on here from new owners of 2020 Entegra coaches and the feedback and information would be both interesting and helpful.

My guess is that Entegra, Spartan, and Firefly have gotten many of the problems worked out largely and so the din of complaints (many from me) have quieted as those have been resolved or improved

OK, 2020 owners.... what are you finding?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:33 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
JMO if it has not been posted on the forums, usually there is not a problem. If people didn't like the items, it would be posted all over the forum.
Yeah, I have to agree with you.....no posts about 2020's on here is probably a positive thing...

It would still be nice to get a few comments from new owners about those systems.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Old 10-15-2019, 07:41 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just picked up 2020 Anthem and i love the new assisted steering from my 2014 model..still trying to get used to Vegatouch which controls everything.was used to just pushing buttons but like being able to do so many different things with new technology. Wife like new induction compared to old cooktop. Tons of new accent lighting she loves. Theater seating is more comfortable than old couch. We have less storage but now half extra bath. The sanicon and toilets are so much nicer and quieter. I have the 44w and just left a Anthem 44DLQ. I love new stuff
Onvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:48 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Going back to NIRVC friday after shake down trip to Savannah to have {cleats} for window awnings moved lower factory is now putting them up high because of complaints you cant see out windows so it looks stupid with the awnings only partially down not 90 Degrees..didn’t realize this was how all new models are coming so will have 2 sets for each window awning.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:51 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onvac View Post
Just picked up 2020 Anthem and i love the new assisted steering from my 2014 model..still trying to get used to Vegatouch which controls everything.was used to just pushing buttons but like being able to do so many different things with new technology. Wife like new induction compared to old cooktop. Tons of new accent lighting she loves. Theater seating is more comfortable than old couch. We have less storage but now half extra bath. The sanicon and toilets are so much nicer and quieter. I have the 44w and just left a Anthem 44DLQ. I love new stuff
Thanks for your assessment.... Could you comment on the drivability of the coach with the new front axle, 365 tires and Valid Air suspension ??
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Old 10-16-2019, 05:49 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Have not driven enough to determine if axle larger tires or valid are the reason for how easy it turns and drives or Entegra version of comfort steer accounts for difference in handling but test drive one and you will like it.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:03 AM   #9

We are getting to know our new '20 Anthem. Previously had a '17 Aspire. This thread comes at an opportune time as we've now been in for a month and feel we have a handle on at least the majority of differences between the two.

As with most things in life, plusses and minuses. Happily the plusses greatly outweigh the minuses. We'd like to think we made a good decision! Those '17 Aspires are a tough act to follow in terms of dollar value.

My first takeaway is the difference in driveability. The Aspire was our first coach so I had nothing to really compare it to, although, I had no complaints. I don't know if it's the larger wheels, the Michelins vs. Goodyears, the Valid air system, EZ Steer, or just the coach set up, but it's a big improvement over the Aspire. I can't imagine any coach tracking or handling better. After setting the cruise, i can almost go back to the bedroom for a nap!

Of course we appreciate the hutch, pull out closet, and above the microwave cabinet. I should add that the pull out closet is going to require a bit of modification to make it more user friendly. Currently is tends to catch the coats upon closing. We do miss the pull outs on either side of the fireplace as a result of the new, wider version.

I'm not a big tech devotee, so the Vega Touch is where most of my complaints exist. I should first say that the HVAC control, although still not exactly what I would like, is a huge improvement over the Aspire's thermostat. My biggest complaint is the time it takes for our phones to connect. If I want to change something, say turn on a light or lower a shade, it can take up to 30 seconds for the phone app to reconnect. Possibly this is just a setting adjustment, or the fact that my phone is 5 years old?

I like the electronic dash. It doesn't have any appreciable amount of new info, however, it is an easy read, and the rotating knob selector is an improvement over the 2 button approach. The much increased size of the steering column does create an obstruction and I don't feel like the electronic adjustments are as flexible as the manual ones were. I'm learning to drive with a bit of a different posture than in the Aspire.

The new Villa seating is another improvement over the Flex Steel of the Aspire. The Sleep number mattress is not as tall or heavy as was the Denver. Easier to get in and out and put on a fitted sheet.

All of the stainless tail pipes have already bronzed. Wish Entegra had stayed with the ones on the Aspire. They still appeared new after 3 years.

The electronic locking bay doors are wonderful. I had plans to upgrade the Aspire, but had not yet achieved that mod.

Our list is much longer, however , I've suspect I've already been too long winded. Guess the OP should be careful what he asks for!
2BMobl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:25 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Thanks for the write-up and thoughts. We are moving from an Anthem, so some of the things you have experienced, we have already been trough on our current coach.

In general, we are pretty tech savvy and use more tech than most folks. While I've read horror stories about the Vega Touch system, I still think that is something I'd like to have. Not sure about your connection issue, but I suspect something simple. Others might comment on that..

Again, thanks for the info....
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Old 10-16-2019, 08:43 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
2020 Anthems

We had a 2018 Anthem previously and now have a 2020 Anthem. We have found several improvements over our previous coach in fit and finish.
The 20,000 lb front with the 365 tires makes this coach ride so much smoother. On our 2018 the weight we were carrying (full-timers) required the tires to be at 125psi. Carrying the same weight on our 2020 the steer tires are at 105psi. Also able to use coach air to air up tires.
The Eez-Steer is awesome, much less strain driving in crosswinds and crowned roads. Plus no more side push from big rigs.
The Valid Air system great compared to Hadley. We use Valid air leveling more than with the Hadley. I have been able to air level and have the front step much lower than using hydraulic leveling.
We have the high gloss Tuscany woodwork. During homecoming my wife took a tour of Chase Manufacturing and was told to treat it like a car finish. Damp rag to clean and that’s it.
The captain and co-pilot chairs are now Villa, much more comfortable than the Flexsteel.
The VegaTouch is much better. I like being able to check on the coach remotely, since we travel with a dog. We have a Verizon mifi connected to the Vega Touch, one thing we learned was to connect via the 2.4ghz network, same with the Smart TV’s.
B-Man49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 07:41 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
I've said in previous threads, and still stand by the opinion that the Valid Air is a much better system. We went from our Valid Air 2015 Allegro Bus 45LP to our current Hadley 2019 Anthem 44F, and the Valid air is what I miss the most (actually, one of the very few things that I miss)! Not only did it provide a better ride and air leveling when parked, but it allowed independent level control. When refueling, I would air raise the fueling side and air lower the opposite side to maximize the amount of fuel that I could get in, and never worried about forgetting once refueling was complete. I DO NOT dare do that with jack levelers out of a fear that one day I will forget and attempt to pull off before raising the levelers.
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
WE are enjoying our new 2020 Cornerstone. The raised fuel fill is nice but its has taken a few stops for fuel not pull to far forward. E Z Steer has been great driving out west for the summer. Bonnie really enjoyed it on I 10 coming home. The new JOY Stick control takes a little time to get used to. Picked it up from NIRVC In June they did a great job of teaching us about the new bells and whistles. But we are still learning. So enjoy your 2020, all the new stuff is great.
Anthem46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, ems