Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
You are offering good advice, pretty much what I figured I would do. If the numbers crunched better I would be tempted to go for it, but they don't.

Thanks for all the input!
Some great deals on remaining 19's Just received a coupon from NIRVC for an additional $7,000. until 12/31. Might be a good time to say maybe.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Leave him be. [emoji6]. Don’t temp him. He made a smart decision and will be in a much better place financially in the future if he stays the path.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:10 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
But did you see how shiny and pretty the new ones are?
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:50 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
But did you see how shiny and pretty the new ones are?
For sure I won't be going down the road in the shine new Hurst taking it with me.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #33

So right. That would have been the preferred method. However, even without that they would have just had to recalculate taxes owed for the year in the quarter they sold the home and made a extra large quarterly payment or 2 or 3 depending on what month they sold. Definitely pays to get tax advice when you are making quarterly payments and have a one off substantial income situation.
Dutchstar53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
Ok. Based on your words I am going to attempt to be a voice of reason. Be happy with what you have and focus on less debit instead of trying to figure out how to live on the edge of a dangerous cliff. Too many folks thrive on material items and pile on the debit to have the biggest, nicest, shiniest of things. One hiccup in your life or the economy and you will be in a hole that you will not be able to get out of for a long long time. You have a very nice unit currently. Enjoy it!!!
Just about every thread discussing buying a new coach as a negative Nancy saying don't do it. Then they brag about the great deals and how much they saved buying used. The last 4 DPs I have bought were new. I lost my shirt on each one. I believe I am just paying rent because I have never owned one outright. If someone wants to trade their 2018 for a 2020, I say go for it. There are a lot more important things in life than money.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:23 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCSONRAIL View Post
Just about every thread discussing buying a new coach as a negative Nancy saying don't do it. Then they brag about the great deals and how much they saved buying used. The last 4 DPs I have bought were new. I lost my shirt on each one. I believe I am just paying rent because I have never owned one outright. If someone wants to trade their 2018 for a 2020, I say go for it. There are a lot more important things in life than money.
X2.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 05:49 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
I certainly don’t think of myself as a “negative Nancy”. I was just considering the OPs own words, age and likelihood that he works full time so the use of his coach is likely limited. Just trying to help him realize that living on the financial edge is very dangerous. Glad that he decided to keep his current unit for now. Sorry that you could not see it that way.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:51 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
X2.
X3. It all boils down to the monthly. I am still crunching numbers. See you in Tampa?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 06:56 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Unreal. If it takes this long to crunch the numbers it’s trying to tell you something.

Go for it and then sweat every month when it comes down to making the payment and the other unexpected bills come up.

But you will be able to impress everyone that you will never see again when you pull into the campground.

It’s like those with the McMansions and the two BMWs in the driveway but can’t afford to put furniture in the house.

Seriously though, if you do “go for it” I do wish you the very best and hope it all works out well. I also hope the financial challenges never appear for you and that you thoroughly enjoy it.
Old 12-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #39

Steve:

Last I knew...... all opinions are welcomed on this web page and forum. You expressed yours well. There are always two sides to every issue. Don't lose any sleep over it.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:25 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
Unreal. If it takes this long to crunch the numbers it’s trying to tell you something.

Go for it and then sweat every month when it comes down to making the payment and the other unexpected bills come up.

But you will be able to impress everyone that you will never see again when you pull into the campground.

It’s like those with the McMansions and the two BMWs in the driveway but can’t afford to put furniture in the house.

Seriously though, if you do “go for it” I do wish you the very best and hope it all works out well. I also hope the financial challenges never appear for you and that you thoroughly enjoy it.

No offense, but I did not start this thread seeking financial advice. It was a simple question posed for simple reason.
Merry Christmas
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:10 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Merry Christmas to you also and I understand your point. Was just trying to hopefully have you take a deep breathe and be sure it was the right thing for you and you family.

Good luck and All the Best!
Old 12-21-2019, 06:20 AM   #42

2020 Cornerstone

I’m in the process right now and what I got for trade was 85% of the lowest advertised price on RV Trader for my 2014 Ellipse 42QD. Then I got 32% off MSRP for the 2020 Cornerstone 45Y. You can save some money selling your trade yourself but it takes time and effort.
Good luck with your purchase.
mwgettler is offline   Reply With Quote