Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2022, 03:46 PM   #1

2021 Accolade XL Door Failure

Longtimer RV'er, (Airstream then Tiffin, now a new Entegra owner) hoping to find some help here.

Bought a new 2021 Accolade XL in September, took one trip with it- spent most of the trip shuttling from service center to service center trying to get electical issues fixed. In ten days we lost the rear view camera, fireplace, cooktop, voltage convertor, GFCI outlets, jacks, wiring loom under coach was loose and fell off, and discovered the refrigerator wasn't ever tested by the factory or the dealer- the water wasn't plumbed in and it was never wired into the inverter. Numerous other problems- slide took out a ceiling puck light, paneling over bed fell off, etc. While highly disappointing this stuff could be manageable....but the entry door issue isn't.
The outboard top corner of the door frame is flopping in and out while driving- as much as 1-1/2" at highway speed. It's LOUD! You can actually see daylight when it's flopping in and out. I stopped and bought self-adhesive weatherstripping twice during the trip home to try to keep from going bat-sh*t crazy from the noise and the wind infiltration.

(Anyone who would like to see the video PM me and I'll be happy to share it)

It went back to the selling dealer as soon as we returned from our maiden voyage, and has now been there over 100 days waiting for repairs to be complete. There were 5 single-spaced pages of warranty issues, Entegra agreed to all of them but has NO Solution for the door issue. The Service Manager told us there were over 350 coaches (Accolade and Seneca) that are experiencing the same issue, and Jayco has no fix.

I understand that any new RV will have problems, but our coach is unusable as it stands now-still at the dealer "awaiting parts" and no fix in sight for the door; meanwhile the warranty is ticking...

We've put every conversation with the dealer in writing, but they basically ignore us unless we request an update, we've had virtually no pro-active responses Many verbal promises and representations, but little action.

Is thus what we should expect from Entegra? (or their dealer? )
Any thoughts or suggestions on what our course of action should be? Any way to get Entegra to step up?, their dealer has been a complete and total disappointment. Anyone ever had any luck negotiating a factory return? Credit against a new unit? Refund? State Attorney General?
We're at wits end, open to any constructive feedback that will help get us out of this rig or back on the road.

Thanks.
westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2022, 04:58 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Who have you contacted at Entegra and what was said? I had that type of delivery with my 14. Entegra was great getting that coach enjoyable. Yes, I made a trip to the factory, but everything was handled so well, I am on my 3rd Entegra.
My Entegra Dealer, Lazy Days was worthless and I will say it as loud as I can. The trip to the factory was worth every mile.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 06:20 PM   #3

We've talked to 7 different service techs at Entegra; all during our ill-fated maiden voyage. When we got back to PHX we took it to the selling dealer, have not talked to Entegra since. We preferred they send it back to the factory since there were so many issues, but apparently they wanted to fix it here in AZ. They've now had it over 100 days, with no end in sight. We're on our 4th Service Advisor, it's a revolving door at this place.

We stopped by to check their progress a few days ago at the 90 day mark. It looks like their techs are using it for a crash pad- the rig was filthy inside, carpet is black, grease smears on the floor, dusty handprints everywhere. ZERO pride in their work. The AC's were both runniung, rear window was open for an air hose for the stapler that they used to machine-gun the trim back in place- probably a few minutes before we arrived. It looks terrible, a dozen staples through the face of the finished trim. Their response was "oh we could order a new piece but no idea when we could get it"

We're completely over this dealer; our only hope may be getting Jayco to take ownership of their quality issues.
Old 05-16-2022, 06:28 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
From experience, factory satisfaction in the only thing that is going to make you satisfied. You will need to contact the equivalent of Joyce Skinner in the division that manufactured your coach. A call to Joyce's department at Entegra can give you that person. With my 14, after Lazy Days could not make the coach acceptable, we refused delivery and it was sent back to Entegra and Spartan for 6 weeks. We made the trip to the factory to pick up the coach where we spent a week in the coach at Shipshewana South, 6 miles from the factory (our maiden voyage) where the additional items were corrected at the facory. We met with the then President of Entegra that said that coach never should have been released to the open market. It was the luck of the draw, very much like you are experience, but with a good rapport, a good attitude we left Entegra with a coach that served us very well. From that experience, we have purchased two additional Entegras as we learned they're service cannot be beat.

I have had the privileged of driving right past Lazy Days to make the additional purchases at NIRVC in Atlanta GA. I know that is at least two sales Lazy Days missed and I hope a few other from sharing my experience. LD has never reached out to me for any reason and the VP refused to return my calls or answer any emails. If Entegra would have accepted the check, I would have gladly given it to them, but LD held the title.
Old 05-16-2022, 11:50 AM   #5

Thanks for the insight. We've reached out to Entegra direct to see if having them return the coach to factory spec is an option. The local dealer has made a mess out of our coach, physically and metaphorically.
In hindsight we should have never accepted delivery from the dealer- they transferred it over from another location; When we went to pick it up it wasn't clean, clearly hadn't been serviced, and the door wasn't working properly then. We left them a punchlist, came back a week later and they had only addressed about half of it. Shame on us for trusting them to complete it after our maiden voyage.
We'll see how Entegra responds.
Old 05-16-2022, 01:14 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernskies View Post
Thanks for the insight. We've reached out to Entegra direct to see if having them return the coach to factory spec is an option. The local dealer has made a mess out of our coach, physically and metaphorically.
In hindsight we should have never accepted delivery from the dealer- they transferred it over from another location; When we went to pick it up it wasn't clean, clearly hadn't been serviced, and the door wasn't working properly then. We left them a punchlist, came back a week later and they had only addressed about half of it. Shame on us for trusting them to complete it after our maiden voyage.
We'll see how Entegra responds.
At this point, you already know what the dealer is like, forget about him and concentrate on getting your coach to your satisfaction. Find out who the General Sales Manger is for that dealership if you do not get a contact at Entegra/Jayco. Best suggestion I can give is have a positive attitude. As soon as any kind of "legal" talk comes into the conversation, it will be game over. Once a defense is established, nobody wins. Do not harp on the dealer, but concentrate and what needs to be resolved on the coach. There will be plenty of time to express your feelings about the dealer, but this is not the time.
Once my 14 was to my satisfaction, I have been sharing my story about Lazy Days for 9 years. I know for a fact, it has hurt them more than it has me after Entegra corrected the coach.
Old 05-16-2022, 02:51 PM   #7

...That's why I haven't named the local Entegra Dealer in these posts... Worst customer service experience in my lifetime. I'd be going scorched earth on them if I thought I could find another shop for warranty work in the future. We'll have that discussion with Entegra.
Old 05-21-2022, 04:51 PM   #8

Update:

Certified letters went out a week ago to the General Manager and Customer Service Manager at the dealership, cc'd with a separate cover letter to the President and the Customer Service Director at Entegra.
Letters outlined the issues, had copies of all correspondance, photos, and a timeline of the (in)activity so far. It was a very well documented request for help, not a demand letter. Sent certified mail because the dealer is AWOL; they already have our money and have made it abundantly clear that really don't give a sh*t about the myriad of issues we are experiencing.

Hopefully Entegra will step up and get us moving to some resolution.

Haven't heard back from anyone yet.
Old 05-22-2022, 05:58 AM   #9

Since you are in the Phoenix metro area, you might try NIRVC in Surprise for future service. I hope that is not the dealer you are referring to BUT if it is, then get the owner Brett Davis involved.
Sorry to hear of your troubles but agree with Chuck, getting the coach back to the factory will be the only way for them to make it right.
Hang in there.
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 06:03 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Not speaking for NIRVC and I guess this is more of a question, are they servicing C's now? In the past they were not. Larry mentioned he had to go to another dealer to purchase his Super C as NIRVC was not handling them.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:11 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Arizona Lemon Law

If you decide to investigate a legal route, review the Arizona statutes (linked here https://www.azag.gov/consumer/auto ) then consult a legal firm that has experience in Arizona Lemon Law resolution -- the link describes the automobile provisions; one has to think they would extend to private motorhomes as well. Here is a summary of what you will find at the Attorney General site linked above:

"The Arizona Lemon Law has a number of specific provisions. You should read the law, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau AUTO LINE Program or consult with an attorney if your new car is a lemon. Here are the basics:"The period covered by the Lemon Law is the term of the manufacturer’s warranty or two years or 24,000 miles, whichever is earlier. This covered period begins on the date of delivery of the vehicle to the consumer.
"If there is a problem with the car that substantially impairs the use and value of the car and does not conform to the express warranty of the manufacturer, the consumer should report it to the manufacturer.
"The report must be made during the covered period.
"The manufacturer or its authorized dealers can repair or correct the defect, accept return of the car or replace the car with a new car.
'There is a limit on the number of times a consumer must allow the manufacturer to repair the car and the amount of time the car can be out of service. If during the covered period, the manufacturer fails to successfully repair the defect after four attempts, or the car is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of 30 or more calendar days, the manufacturer must accept return of the car or replace the car with a new car."

If NIRVC is your dealer, then I would strongly recommend you contact their *new* corporate Director of Warranty, Mark Moniuszko ( MarkM@NIRVC.com ), who was very helpful in lighting a fire under the service department to address warranty issues with my 2021 Emblem.

The problems you have experienced should not have these results especially the disrespect of the dealer service personnel.

FWIW I did find the NIRVC Phoenix Service Manager, Mike Gabriel, to be a sincere leader and someone who is mindful of the importance of customer service. I hope things go better for you no matter which Entegra dealer you are 'dealing' with.
LennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 06:11 AM   #12

No offense to the OP and I don’t mean to throw salt on the wound….honestly. I still don’t understand why folks insist on buying new. 2-3 years old is the sweet spot. 5 pages of broken crap on a new, expensive coach is unacceptable. Not having fixes in the works for what seems like model wide production issues is not acceptable either.

2-3 yr old coaches already have these bugs worked out. Who’s care about the warranty because you won’t need it like you do the first 1-2 yrs with new coach ownership. I was a new coach owner for my last coach. While smaller, it had way too many issues for my liking. My biggest gripe was the lost time fixing things I paid for to be correct from the onset.

Obviously we can’t have used coaches without new coaches, but I am terrified to consider a new coach when I move on from my current rig.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:48 AM   #13

To those posting suggestions, no dealer has been named in this thread by the OP.
Only speculation as to the selling dealer and only a suggestion to contact NIRVC for assistance on my part. Please don’t construe NIRVC is the offending dealer.
2017 Jeep JKU
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:49 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
To those posting suggestions, no dealer has been named in this thread by the OP.
Only speculation as to the selling dealer and only a suggestion to contact NIRVC for assistance on my part. Please don’t construe NIRVC is the offending dealer.
Totally agree, the OP would have been contacted long ago by NIRVC. and please don't start "legal talk". I guaranty that will not benefit the OP until a conversation with Entegra has taken place. The goal is to get his coach satisfactory. Once legal talk starts, noting can be done and the coach will sit waiting for the attorneys to get paid and they will be the winners, not the coach owner.

I have been there....Entegra was outstanding in making my coach right and why I am on #3.

Tags
door