Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2022, 11:48 AM   #15

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
2021 Emblem 36H Update - 200 days

Have now possessed the 2021 Emblem for 204 days. Time for an update on warranty items.
Delivered to NIRVC Phoenix for warranty work as scheduled on 11 Jan 2022 (appointment made 30 Nov 2021 and sent spreadsheet then to show what was needed).
  • Did a complete walk-through of what was needed and itemized on a spreadsheet and all was documented.
  • Didn't hear a word for five weeks after sending email and leaving phone messages.
  • Pressed the issue with the service manager and discovered my 'file' had been transferred to someone else after the service writer I had been dealing with was moved internally to their paint and body shop.
Not impressed. I told them I would pick up the coach on 18 Feb and bring it back when parts were in-hand.
  • Separately I had the Splendide washer serviced by a certified tech on 21 Feb. The fix was to place a sleeve around the cabling to reduce an electomagnetic interference problem. Highly recommend Bullseye RV Repair of Phoenix for this and general service needs
  • The generator fault is a known problem with Jayco's design!
    • The generator senses an overtemp situation while in motion because of the road heat beating on the generator and there is an actual fix documented by Jayco that takes 30 minutes.
    • Do you think I could get Jayco to send me a kit so I could have it installed? Oh no - they insist on a dealer making that call.
    • Unbelievable stupidity and lack of quality control. I'm forced to wait months because of the inefficient maintenance and supply chain.
    • With the hot weather coming in AZ it will not be a happy time if the fix is not done!
  • Contacted a local DISH authorized installer (CM Electronics)
    • a tech came to the unit and found that the dish DIP switches inside the dome had not been set for DISH and were still on the DIRECTV default! The coax connectors the dealer installed had to be redone as well... they physically fell off when unscrewed... talk about elementary fail by General RV, Utah!
    • The same DISH installer did the correct connections and added a multiplexer to make all three TVs work with the DISH Wally receiver and incorporating the OTA local channels plus the BluRay DVD player.
Most of the other warranty items have been addressed or are in progress awaiting parts. Oh, and a new refrigerator door received from Jayco was scratched by the NIRVC tech who was installing it... so add one more item to the warranty list. It's now been another five weeks and again I have heard nothing, not even a promised updated plan in the week of 21 Feb outlining the plan to complete all the work.

The only plus to this is that I sent copies of all invoices to General RV for the washer repair and the satellite corrections and I was reimbursed 100% without further discussion.

Strongly recommend owners document all interactions with the dealer, video recording what is said in particular, and stand firm in putting the responsibility where it belongs in order to be compensated.

To that end my investment in a certified RV Inspector before taking delivery, and again on delivery day, paid off.
Coming up:

• replacement of Entegra's cheap mattress with Brooklyn Bedding unit
  • installation of CatStrap and CatEye catalytic converter security device
  • and adding more sound insulation to the doghouse underside.

Finally: Jayco / Entegra if you are listening -- LEAN SIX SIGMA! (image: KanbanZone.com )

Stop using your customers for your main quality assurance.
LennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2022, 01:04 PM   #16
Official iRV2 Sponsor

As the new Director of Warranty for NIRVC and a Six Sigma Black Belt, your post struck me in a profound way (You cannot inspect Quality into something!) please feel free to reach out to me as I would love to hear more about your journey and some of the fast improvements we have made to the PDI inspection process in the last 6 weeks at NIRVC to become more process oriented!
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
PDI | Warranty Mgr.
469-277-8814

Mark Moniuszko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 04:43 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Well what would the Director of Warranty Do...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Moniuszko View Post
As the new Director of Warranty for NIRVC and a Six Sigma Black Belt, your post struck me in a profound way (You cannot inspect Quality into something!) please feel free to reach out to me as I would love to hear more about your journey and some of the fast improvements we have made to the PDI inspection process in the last 6 weeks at NIRVC to become more process oriented!
My journey?
So have you contacted the NIRVC Phoenix Service manager and spoken about the first LSS principle: lack of customer focus??

I was promised a plan of action on 18 February to finish up the warranty items sent in last October, and from the coach delivered for scheduled service on 11 Jan 2022.
It's now been 7 weeks since I initiated a pickup of the coach (having heard nothing for 5-1/2 weeks); now the dealership is waiting for parts, and not a peep!

Otherwise my rig would have been sitting there for the past 12 weeks.

How about their inability to understand and plan workflow, schedule maintenance, identify sources of waste and rework, identify and address root causes, and oh my, it looks like all seven LSS principles are being violated constantly!
My 'journey' has been interrupted by ineptitude.
Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the subject.
Old 04-06-2022, 05:53 AM   #18
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Without the customer, you have no business, and I fully believe that. Quite honestly, communication seems to be the #1 opportunity for our team. As I am unwinding our business, I actually think the biggest opportunity for waste, is unutilized talent. From the selection process through the point of completing a repair, the entire SIPOC seems to have inputs that need to be more clearly defined. That isn't an excuse, and certainly not the consumer's issue to deal with, but I believe it is not so much as "Ineptitude" but rather, a system that does not allow them to do what they do best. We are going to change that, and are process partners (The manufacturer of these coaches) will participate in this journey.
Nevertheless, we owe you answers, and all of what I just mentioned doesn't get you back on the road with your "fluffy stowaway". I am working with Phoenix this morning, and have your number through LinkdIN, I will call you on 4/6 to provide a more thorough breakdown of your unit status along with the problem descriptions associated with your delay. The NIRVC truly regrets your frustration, and we cannot apologize enough -we will make this right!
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
PDI | Warranty Mgr.
469-277-8814

Mark Moniuszko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:49 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
I received a call from NIRVC Phoenix and, as if by magic, the awaited parts have arrived and I am now scheduled for the follow-up work on 19 April 2022!

I also received the call from Mark Moniuszko who is credited with getting this warranty train back on the rails! Your help is much appreciated.

In an earlier post, #14, the author suggested ordering Borg valve equipment for my wheels from YourTireSupply.com <=== I have put the direct link to Borg equipment from their site here.
Old 09-14-2022, 04:54 PM   #20

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
One-Year Update

Have now owned this coach for just over a year. Mileage is 6,492.

Over Labor Day week we did a 1,700-mile round-trip to Colorado Springs, CO from Phoenix and have five new items to add to the warranty spreadsheet (added as items W18, W19, W20, W21, and W22).

W18. Kitchen Sink Broke Away from Counter *new*

While underway near Grants, NM on 01 Sep 2022, the under-mounted stainless steel kitchen sink broke away from the underside of the counter and was found suspended by the plumbing and one bracket.
  • As we were inbound to an overnight north of Albuquerque, NM, I called around and found a plumber who could meet us at our stop in Bernalillo, NM and could attempt an interim repair.
    • The plumber found that the glue on the brackets at each end of the sink broke away from the counter underside
    • the sink drain and trap twisted out of the the attachment to the sink
    • in his professional opinion the best option was to attach the reattach the pipes and reposition the sink then fasten it with strong glue to the underside of the counter using 2x4" shims to hold it in place for several hours overnight which would allow the glue to completely set
  • this interim fix worked for the rest of our trip although we noticed that there were some fresh water drips on the cupboard floor beneath the sink when we arrived back in Phoenix - it is possible the plumbing is coming loose
    • the plumber noted that the drain pipes were not positioned correctly and were causing side strain on the sink drain which might have contributed to the sink brackets failing
    • I am out-of-pocket $396 for the time and material to do this repair
    • NIRVC should take this on to do a permanent fix, either repair what is in place now, or use a drop-in overmount sink with appropriate plumbing
W19. Generator Won't Continue Running in Hot Temps *previously was W2*

This has been a continuing problem that I thought would be fixed with the addition of a plenum as required by Jayco SRP Bulletin #20-031. The generator does seem to run for a longer period with the plenum installed, but it will not continue to run when we need a/c here in the hot southwestern USA. The generator has been run about 24 hours over the past 12 months. No oil or filter service done yet. Always have 1/2 tank of gas or more.
  • The generator start/stop switch sometimes flashes 3+6 after it stalls
  • Lately it flashes 3+3 after it stalls or when attempted to be restarted
  • I adjusted the altitude setting on the generator when above 5,000" during a recent trip to Colorado and there was no difference in performance. When outdoor temp was above 100F the generator would only run a few minutes, or not at all.
  • NIRVC or an Onan dealer should inspect the generator to diagnose the problem and a fix
W20. Limited Hot Water Supply *new*
With propane heater on and the thermostat set at approximately 118F for an hour or more, there is a low supply of hot water even using conservation techniques while showering. Seldom can do more than one shower with warm water.
  • NIRVC should test the water heater to ensure proper operation and adequate supply
W21. Shower Enclosure Pulling Away from Wall *new*
Noticed that the shower wall is pulling away from the roadside bathroom wall next to sink. Remedy might be to reattach or replace entire shower enclosure.
  • NIRVC should inspect the shower enclosure and determine a permanent fix.
W22. Front Coleman-Mach 15,000 BTU Air Conditioner with Heat Pump Failed in June 2022 *new*
Diagnosed by Bullseye/Larry Van Liew on 22 June 2022 as a freon leak with total loss of coolant and not repairable. Replacement required.
  • Due to severe heat (110F+) in Arizona this required an urgent fix.
    • I notified Jayco/Jeff Hood right away, and he said I would need to work with the manufacturer (AirXcel) for a warranty replacement.
    • AirXcel warranty department did not respond right away, and I was told by their parts department that the national inventory of this a/c unit was very scarce.
    • I found an exact replacement unit at RV Products Shop (near the factory in KS) and it was shipped by 27 June, received 06 July and installed by Bullseye on 08 July 2022.
    • Jayco/Jeff Hood, and AirXcel/Warranty were kept in the loop throughout.
  • For this emergency repair I am out-of-pocket $1,575 to the supplier, plus Bullseye's diagnosis, removal and installation charges of $285.
  • Request Jayco work with AirXcel to authorize an emergency replacement by mobile tech and recommend reimbursement of the direct charges.
UPDATE on other warranty items.
W1. Washer/Dryer. Bullseye RV diagnosed errors and worked with Splendide to fix under warranty. Works fine now.
W2. Genset Bulletin. NIRVC ordered fix kit and installed. Generator still having issues running when outdoor temps are above 100F (see new W19 above).
W7. Televator is Crooked. NIRVC adjusted.
W9. Passenger Seat Base. Wrong seat base was supplied at delivery. It is not tall enough and the seat fabric bunches up plus the seat sits too low to use the pull-out desk. Remedy is to provide the correct base for this model. NIRVC is ordering the base from Jayco/Entegra and NIRVC will install.
W10. Refrigerator LEFT Door was scratched by NIRVC Tech. Replacement door is ordered and will be installed by NIRVC.
W12. Dashboard Cover Etched. NIRVC ordered and replaced the plastic dash cover.
W14. Kitchen Drawers Crooked. NIRVC adjusted.
W17. Main Door Sticking. NIRVC adjusted.

The hard RV radius King mattress was replaced with a Brooklyn Bedding Queen size and Soft firmness with a cooling top layer. These mattresses are made to order here in Phoenix. Huge difference and we are finally sleeping quite comfortably. The smaller size now permits easier bed-making and leaves room along the sides to tuck in comforters and blankets.

CatStrap and CatEye catalytic converter theft deterrents were installed by Rush Truck Center, Avondale AZ (partnered with CatStrap manufacturer). Great peace-of-mind since we park the coach in covered storage about 6 miles from home.

Finally, my mobile tech installed sound deadening and heat barrier over the existing material under the doghouse cover. There is a noticeable decrease in decibels especially when the engine auxiliary fan comes on at higher RPM. It is not a huge difference, nothing like a DP, but definitely an improvement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 Entegra Emblem 36H kitchen sink and broken bracket Sep 2022.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	338.0 KB
ID:	376391   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 Entegra Emblem 36H front a-c unit failed Freon.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	376392  

Old 09-15-2022, 09:59 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Hi Lenny, Thanks for keeping the rest of us apprised of your “adventures” during the first year of owning your Entegra Emblem. Ours - a 2020 model 36h - has gone out of warranty, but we have our fingers crossed that our two ongoing issues (bathroom water leak onto the floor and super slide creeping out while underway) are finally in the record books. Our dealership and Jayco/Entegra continued to honor the work under warranty despite it exceeding the 2 year window, since all issues had been previously identified and worked on (although never resolved until now, hopefully).

Your purchase of a replacement mattress is of great interest - the factory-issued version is truly terrible. We plan to replace ours before next May when we will get the motorhome on the road again. Were you able to just use a queen size mattress without any modifications to the plywood base underneath? Did you still get one with radius corners? We prefer a queen size mattress, and the extra space would be welcome. We’re interested in which Brooklyn Bedding model you selected on their website, etc. Any specifics you are willing to share would be very welcome! Taking someone else’s recommendation you trust sure seems better than just selecting a mattress company off the internet that makes their product sound good!
Thanks!
Old 09-16-2022, 03:44 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
RVMattress.com by Brooklyn Bedding

The stock RV Radius King mattress is 72" x 80" with radius corners.
We purchased the Brooklyn regular 60" x 80" Queen / Soft. It has normal corners, not radius.
Total price with delivery and set up in the coach at my storage location was $1,578.34 with tax.

I gave the original mattress to a neighbor who needed one for a guest bed.

The plywood platform was rough on the top and sides. I used a sanding block to smooth out as much as I could, then put sticky vinyl liner on the surfaces that would contact the mattress including the edges of the platform. I did not trim any of the platform shape. I ordered enough of the vinyl liner material to do the tops of the dining booth as well, plus two long piano hinges to attach the pieces of each dinette seat together.

I have a few photos of the projects on my phone that I can send you by email. Just send me your email address by private message.

Tags
entegra