Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2021, 06:54 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
2021 Entegra Emblem 36H

I expect to take delivery of a newly built 2021 Emblem 36H toward the end of May and would appreciate if a current owner or someone who is near one of these units could help answer these questions to help me prepare for it:
1. what is the hitch receiver height to the bottom of the receiver?
2. what is the cargo carrying capacity of a typically configured rig?
3. what is the length of the 50A power cord?
I'll also pose these questions to the factory to see if I get a response.

Thanks!
LennyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2021, 09:22 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
NRVIA Pre-Sale Inspection

Will be taking delivery at the end of June now - coach did not arrive in UT until 25 May.
I flew to SLC this past Tuesday to assist an NRVIA certified inspector in going over the 2021 Entegra Emblem 36H. The RV had not been detailed yet but most of the dealer prep had been completed.
The inspector noted several snags like misaligned compartment doors, slightly skewed door awning, missing bunk ladder, stovetop and oven not working, some separation of the seals around slideouts, etc.
But the main finding was a detached front shock absorber that looks like it was never bolted to the chassis! So this RV was driven by the delivery service more than 1,600 miles from IN to UT with only one front shock working. Gotta wonder about quality control on that one. See photo.

Also the extras on the deal were not yet installed so I spent time with the Parts Manager and Sales Manager going over choices and expectations:
  • stacked washer / dryer (have opted for Splendide over Whirlpool based on some user experiences mentioned in iRV2 forums)
  • satellite dish (Winegard Traveler T4 set up for DISH was agreed) plus the Hard Disk Drive for recording, the WiFi dongle, and Wally receiver
  • 50A electric power cord reel (offered MORyde but it is not powered) so have requested Glendinning 32' capable model
  • 50A internal surge protection (Hughes Autoformer with Bluetooth selected)
A few other points were documented and forwarded to the dealer to take care of by the 28th when I return to UT to do the walk-through orientation and to take delivery. I've given notice that if they are not fixed there will be no acceptance.
Could another Emblem owner with drop down bunk please confirm there should be a ladder included with the coach?
Anyone interested in seeing the full report or receiving inspector contact information, please contact me by private message.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Emblem 36H detached shock absorber.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	332472  
Old 06-18-2021, 06:07 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Our 2020 Entrgra Emblem 36H has a bunk ladder stored under the bunk mattress. We also found our table top and pedestal there, for the setup between the driver and passenger chairs.
SeeMoreII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:05 AM   #4

Hmmm How long was your Build time. I have been trying to find that out. However no response. I know we did not buy A pusher but that does not mean we won't later don't think we get enough answers since we are not in the Cummins Spartan Club. Lol
Poppedclams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 04:32 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppedclams View Post
Hmmm How long was your Build time. I have been trying to find that out. However no response. I know we did not buy A pusher but that does not mean we won't later don't think we get enough answers since we are not in the Cummins Spartan Club. Lol
I do not know exactly as I happened to fall into this deal when another buyer backed out.

I see the Ford chassis is showing 02/21 build, and Jayco coach 04/21 which matches that it was supposed to be finished 30 April. The coach was delivered to the dealer in UT on 25 May.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021 Entegra Emblem 36H VIN and Weights.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	227.5 KB
ID:	332672  
Old 06-19-2021, 07:51 AM   #6

I was looking at the 36H, nice coach but I find it hard to believe it only has a 40 gallon grey tank can that be right? My current coach is an 07 and has a 65 gal capacity.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:02 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsupersonic View Post
I was looking at the 36H, nice coach but I find it hard to believe it only has a 40 gallon grey tank can that be right? My current coach is an 07 and has a 65 gal capacity.
The 36H has two 40-gallon grey tanks including one for the washer/dryer. They are connected so that the main grey tank can flow over to the washer/dryer tank if not dumped before it fills. A macerator comes standard on this coach.
Old 06-20-2021, 03:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyC View Post
The 36H has two 40-gallon grey tanks including one for the washer/dryer. They are connected so that the main grey tank can flow over to the washer/dryer tank if not dumped before it fills. A macerator comes standard on this coach.

That make way more sense, one 40 gallon tank would not be good. Thanks!
Old 06-23-2021, 11:59 AM   #9

Wondering how you like your new Emblem

Quote:
If you picked up your new Emblem yet ... we were just wondering how you like it? Compared to the Canyonstar Newmar... how is the Insulation, wood work, furniture comfort?

Thanks! Safe Travels,
Daphne and Steve
2018 Anthem 44B
Xpress21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 06:49 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
36H Satellite prep cable location?

Well, the coach is ready to do a final walk-through with the exception of the Winegard T4 in-motion satellite dish installation and setup on DISH network. The dealer techs are having trouble finding the prep location on top of the motorhome.

The over-the-air signals worked great on all TVs when we did the inspection a few weeks back. So at least we know the digital antenna is working fine.

Anyone have any experience with where exactly the satellite prep enters the motorhome roof and where it exits in the interior?

I recall seeing a video I think where a Wally receiver was sitting on top of a Sony Blue Ray player in the cabinet above the kitchen sink. That tells me the cable should terminate somewhere near there but where does it start? Is the bedroom TV connected near that point as well? What about the exterior TV? Can a multiplexer be used to send OTA or satellite signals to any TV?
Any insight would be welcome.
Old 09-04-2021, 06:24 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Finally Took Delivery on 01 September

After assurances that all the items on the inspection report from last June have been addressed I agreed to take delivery after an orientation at the UT dealership on 01 Sep.
As a precaution, while I did the orientation I brought my inspector back for a final check to ensure all was done. He found a few items that had not been resolved from the original inspection, such as the door awning which is mounted off-level; and the refrigerator door that has a deep scratch. Both of these replacement items are ordered and will be sent to my Phoenix address and Entegra will pay for the installation.
The DISH satellite installed by the dealer is not receiving a proper setup signal and after trying to resolve with DISH technical support will require a follow-up with a technician who understands what should be going on from the dish to the receiver.
The drive from Salt Lake City to Colorado Springs was a white knuckle experience in spots. The steering is very loose and requires constant attention and nudges to keep centered in a lane, and driving through construction zones and abrupt bumps was teeth chattering. I'll be having an alignment done and adding Safe-T-Plus for sure as soon as I can. I will also have the coach weighed by corner to make sure the load is optimum and the tire pressures adjusted accordingly.
As for the drop hitch I bought from Roadmaster I'm very red-faced for having ordered a hitch for a ball mount, and not an insert receiver style as used on a tow bar! Don't know what I was thinking, but I have ordered the correct drop hitch from eTrailer so I can put things right when I get to home base next week.
Here's an odd one: when I hooked up the Patriot 3 braking system in my dinghy the arm that holds the brake claw broke free of the claw during the setup routine. So with no real options but to go without the augmentation braking I set out for WY and CO without the Patriot connected. I did notice the car pushing the coach in a few spots and braking was definitely longer without Patriot working. I contacted Blue Ox and then are sending the brake claw assembly to replace the damaged one. Meanwhile I have temporarily attached the brake claw to the arm using thin wire and will reinforce with strips of duct tape in order to make the journey home to AZ.
Another surprise: there are no 12V sockets anywhere on this coach - lots of USB ports and 120V plug-ins, but no cigarette lighter style sockets! So where am I supposed to plug in my Garmin RV Navigator? my TPMS monitor? my Patriot 3 monitor? They all have 12V connections. I made the run from Salt Lake to Colorado Springs with no navigation at all, save the occasional turn on of the GPS unit for key directions on the limited battery power it has. Quick solution: there are USB to 12V adapters that can be purchased for about $5 each and this will fix the problem longer term, but in the meantime Camping World has a 120V to 12V converter box that has a traditional socket, priced at $22. So at least I will have navigation for the trip back to Phoenix.
There are a few small items that are going on the warranty list, but as with every motorhome they were both expected and expected to be resolved.
So far I'm glad this is my third Class A experience because I recognize how tough it must be for first-timers with so many things to learn in a short amount of time.
Old 09-04-2021, 04:14 PM   #12
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
After assurances that all the items on the inspection report from last June have been addressed I agreed to take delivery after an orientation at the UT dealership on 01 Sep.
As a precaution, while I did the orientation I brought my inspector back for a final check to ensure all was done. He found a few items that had not been resolved from the original inspection, such as the door awning which is mounted off-level; and the refrigerator door that has a deep scratch. Both of these replacement items are ordered and will be sent to my Phoenix address and Entegra will pay for the installation.
The DISH satellite installed by the dealer is not receiving a proper setup signal and after trying to resolve with DISH technical support will require a follow-up with a technician who understands what should be going on from the dish to the receiver.
The drive from Salt Lake City to Colorado Springs was a white knuckle experience in spots. The steering is very loose and requires constant attention and nudges to keep centered in a lane, and driving through construction zones and abrupt bumps was teeth chattering. I'll be having an alignment done and adding Safe-T-Plus for sure as soon as I can. I will also have the coach weighed by corner to make sure the load is optimum and the tire pressures adjusted accordingly.
As for the drop hitch I bought from Roadmaster I'm very red-faced for having ordered a hitch for a ball mount, and not an insert receiver style as used on a tow bar! Don't know what I was thinking, but I have ordered the correct drop hitch from eTrailer so I can put things right when I get to home base next week.
Here's an odd one: when I hooked up the Patriot 3 braking system in my dinghy the arm that holds the brake claw broke free of the claw during the setup routine. So with no real options but to go without the augmentation braking I set out for WY and CO without the Patriot connected. I did notice the car pushing the coach in a few spots and braking was definitely longer without Patriot working. I contacted Blue Ox and then are sending the brake claw assembly to replace the damaged one. Meanwhile I have temporarily attached the brake claw to the arm using thin wire and will reinforce with strips of duct tape in order to make the journey home to AZ.
Another surprise: there are no 12V sockets anywhere on this coach - lots of USB ports and 120V plug-ins, but no cigarette lighter style sockets! So where am I supposed to plug in my Garmin RV Navigator? my TPMS monitor? my Patriot 3 monitor? They all have 12V connections. I made the run from Salt Lake to Colorado Springs with no navigation at all, save the occasional turn on of the GPS unit for key directions on the limited battery power it has. Quick solution: there are USB to 12V adapters that can be purchased for about $5 each and this will fix the problem longer term, but in the meantime Camping World has a 120V to 12V converter box that has a traditional socket, priced at $22. So at least I will have navigation for the trip back to Phoenix.
There are a few small items that are going on the warranty list, but as with every motorhome they were both expected and expected to be resolved.
So far I'm glad this is my third Class A experience because I recognize how tough it must be for first-timers with so many things to learn in a short amount of time.

With the 12v outlets I have had to remove one of the USB adapters and replace with a standard 12v. The usb plugs are fed with 12volt to the back of them. The only one that isn’t is the one that is fed by the dash radio. As for the dish, if you have a travelers satellite there is a power inserter that matches the new LNB. This has been a struggle for dealers and manufacturers to keep up with because depending on which sat they grabbed off the shelf it could have the old inserter or the new one.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
Director of Training 770-628-5966
Justin Townley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:13 AM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
2021 Emblem 36H Update

Have had the coach for 8 weeks now and developed a 15-item warranty list (below) that I sent to Entegra with copy to my dealer (700 miles away)

2021 Entegra Warranty Items VIN: 1F66F5DN7M0A03417

as of date: October 27, 2021 Current Mileage: 003287

Item # | Functional Area | Description of Problem and Possible Remedy

W1 Interior: Laundry
Splendide Stacked
Washer stops with error code F7E2 and won't restart; Dryer takes a long time to dry even small load.

W2 Power: Genset Onan QG5500
5.5kW Generator will not stay running while RV in motion; known problem - needs plenum installed

W3 Body External
Front engine access panel loose and rattling

W4 Chassis: steering
Something thumping under front area while driving

W5 Chassis: steering
Steering is very loose, and not centered; coach wanders easily; alignment scheduled for 14 October (Ford)

W6 Interior: Window shades
Shade pulls need end caps - rods are sliding out

W7 Interior: Entertainment
Televator TV is mounted crooked

W8 Interior: Entertainment
Winegard Road Trip satellite error trying to lock in signal

W9 Interior: Cockpit
Co-Pilot seat is very low and skirt is bunched up - discovered it is missing a pedestal - electrical is just hanging there - supposed to be power seat!

W10 Interior: Appliance
Refrigerator door scratched and handles misaligned

W11 Exterior: Awning
Door awning is misaligned on body of coach

W12 Interior: Dashboard
Plastic cover over dashboard is etched from dealer prep cleaning attempt and is hard to read through; replace!

W13 Exterior: Wheels
Missing air valve extensions for inner duals - no way to measure and to adjust pressure

W14 Interior: Cabinetry
Kitchen drawers are crooked - slide brackets crooked?

W15 Exterior: Slideout (Roadside, front)
Slide box cover material is wrinkled; reported to Entegra and was authorized for repair on 01 Sep 2021

Entegra / Jayco Motorized Division referred me to four local dealerships that can do the warranty work. National Indoor RV Center is just a mile west of where I live in El Mirage AZ so that is the natural choice. I sent over my list and was called within 24 hours by Stephanie to schedule the first visit... earliest appointment is 11 January 2022.

Meanwhile, the alignment was done by a Ford Truck Service Center ($325) in Glendale AZ and what a nice change! The coach is now easy to steer between the lines. The tech corrected a crooked steering wheel as well.

Next I had RV Master Techs, Glendale AZ, an authorized dealer and installer, add Safe-T-Plus based on recommendations from others in the Entegra owners and Ford F53 chassis groups I follow. Again, the handling is noticeably better in the city up to about 50 mph, but the real test will be when I get out on the interstate. (see photos of installed unit below)

The Splendide stacked washer and dryer have been a problem from the start. The washer stops on error code F7E2. The dryer seems to take forever to dry a small load. I contacted Splendide and was told the error code is a known problem that can be fixed by Bullseye RV Repair in Glendale AZ. Also, the small dryers in these coaches are limited by UL regulation to 1300W of heating due to energy efficiency, and therefore will take 60-90 minutes to dry a load. The tech says that if it takes longer then it is likely one of the two heating elements is not working. Again the Bullseye RV Repair service should be able to fix it.
Lastly, my plan to get the DISH system up and running is to call DISH and have a tech come out to help me get the Wally receiver connected. I have DISH service at home already so this should be straightforward I hope.
That's it for now. Happy to answer or discuss any questions.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image002.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	347350   Click image for larger version

Name:	image003.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	347351  

Name:	image004.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	347352  
Old 10-27-2021, 02:59 PM   #14
WDW

W-13. Forget about valve extensions from them. Go to your tireshopsupply.com and order the proper Borg valve stems for all of your tires and take it to a competent tire shop have them break them down and install them. The benefit will be a long-term investment that makes it easier to use a sensor like TST 507‘s and gives you a stable valve stem that’s not only supports the sensors but makes the rear duly accessible.

My 2cents
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entegra